Ebon and Ivor Fortress (The House that Hexes Built)

Black D'Sceptyr

Hard to believe, but I actually do have one more card in me. This served to be the Field Spell which I'd make and entire line of Ebon and Ivor Main Deck monsters to craft-but I've modded it to be more compatico with the Dark Magician line. They have enough solid Main Deck support-if anyone can be f***ed to remember Dark Magic Veil's entire existence.

But seriously, this card may not have been necessary. That I'm presenting it is more in homage to Labor Day-and the amount of labor I go through to make the cards I make are the best I can offer you all. 

May the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

ebon_and_ivor_fortress_by_bdsceptyr-dagd

[spoiler=Ebon and Ivor Fortress: Errata]

Field Spell Card

Lore: Each time a Normal Spell/Trap effect resolves, place 1 Spell Counter on this card. Cannot be targeted by card effects while this card has Spell Counters on it. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can remove 3 Spell Counters from this card, then reveal 1 "Magician" or "Dark Magic" Normal or Quick-Play Spell Card from your hand; this card's effect becomes that revealed card's effect when it is activated. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster whose Level is less than or equal to the number of Spell Counters on cards you control in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You only gain this effect once per turn.)

iU8EggM.png

ALSO: Ebon cards are obvious in their presence (save for my new ones)...

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356517-ebon-arsenal-magician-well-written-weaponized-witchcraft/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356410-ebon-sage-what-is-old-becomes-old-again/

...but the Ivor ones are here.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356459-ivor-inferno-templar-a-dark-flare-for-disruption/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356456-ivor-fragment-templar-the-eternal-soul-expands-with-me/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356461-ivor-protector-templar-because-the-dark-magician-knight-belongs-to-us/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356465-ivor-phantasmal-templar-unalterable-untouchable-unstoppable/

And the retrain of Knight's Title is here:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356528-templars-crest-insert-title-here-see-because-its-like-knights-title/

So this concludes Ebon/Ivor/Dark Magic Week. Hope you all enjoy.

iU8EggM.png

BDS, signing off.

UPDATE: Made EI Fortress get targeting immunity. Rather I made it harder to just wipe off the earth for all it demands from me.

UPDATE II: Never mind, forgot about Dark Magic Expansion. Rest of the card stays as is, tho.

Well, first off, it's off to a nice start being a Field Spell, meaning adding it via Terraforming.

While it's limited to Normal Spell/Trap Cards, I don't think it'd be too hard to activate that many to accumulate the number of Spell Counters. And it has an okay effect at the cost of your Spell Counters to get more use out of those "Magician" or "Dark Magic" Spell/Trap Cards. Though, if you conserve your Counters properly, you can manage to Normal Summon a Spellcaster, too.

Overall, an alright Field Spell to gain more use out of "Magician" or "Dark Magic" Spell/Trap Cards and bring out more monsters.

Again, I really feel like it'd be a good idea to have these spell counters added as effects resolve, to go into the control mechanics of DM in their Eternal Soul/Dark Magical Circle combo. Spell Counters are an inherently not great mechanic, you have to keep a card alive until you use enough Spells to get the counter full, and then use the effect. With all the potential for disruption you need to make the cards that use them either A) have protection, or B) be quick enough that they can resolve their effects whenever necessary. I think that the Kaiju Field Spell is a good example of a card that can accrue Counters fast and meaningfully. I'd put a max of 5 Spell Counters on this thing so you don't have to keep track of a bunch, and since it requires 3 counters like the Kaiju Field Spell, that'd also show some good design practice. Also, just a tidbit, but you forgot to add "from your Deck" to the reveal part, unless you intended something else, but that's actually pretty nice that you made it during either player's turn, so you can use Dark Magic Expanded to protect this card when needed, and since it isn't sent to the Graveyard, you can do this multiple times. There's a lot of potential in this card, the big problem with DM is again it's low monster count, and the spell sometimes not coming quick enough, and this would alleviate said problems exponentially. I like that it fixes the problems of DM, but doesn't just break the archetype. Of the cards you've created, this has the most potential, and most interesting to consider.

The extra Normal Summon granted is a bit cute to mirror the Mausoleum of White effect. While I don't see it being super beneficial, as again, DM has low monster count, it would certainly help to use Rod's effect twice in one turn, or get your Tuner and a DM to the field if Eternal Soul is gone.

Again, I really feel like it'd be a good idea to have these spell counters added as effects resolve, to go into the control mechanics of DM in their Eternal Soul/Dark Magical Circle combo. Spell Counters are an inherently not great mechanic, you have to keep a card alive until you use enough Spells to get the counter full, and then use the effect. With all the potential for disruption you need to make the cards that use them either A) have protection, or B) be quick enough that they can resolve their effects whenever necessary. I think that the Kaiju Field Spell is a good example of a card that can accrue Counters fast and meaningfully. I'd put a max of 5 Spell Counters on this thing so you don't have to keep track of a bunch, and since it requires 3 counters like the Kaiju Field Spell, that'd also show some good design practice. Also, just a tidbit, but you forgot to add "from your Deck" to the reveal part, unless you intended something else, but that's actually pretty nice that you made it during either player's turn, so you can use Dark Magic Expanded to protect this card when needed, and since it isn't sent to the Graveyard, you can do this multiple times. There's a lot of potential in this card, the big problem with DM is again it's low monster count, and the spell sometimes not coming quick enough, and this would alleviate said problems exponentially. I like that it fixes the problems of DM, but doesn't just break the archetype. Of the cards you've created, this has the most potential, and most interesting to consider.

The extra Normal Summon granted is a bit cute to mirror the Mausoleum of White effect. While I don't see it being super beneficial, as again, DM has low monster count, it would certainly help to use Rod's effect twice in one turn, or get your Tuner and a DM to the field if Eternal Soul is gone.

Thanks for the info, I've Time Warped this card again with a proper clarification of where you get the revealed card from. And the Counters accumulate on this on Spell/Trap resolution, as well as give it targeting immunity. The Normal Summoning contingency stays tho. Getting this ability off is easier than one would think, 'specially with RML/Skilled Magicians/Magicial monsters (remember, that effect comes up on the accumulation of counters from ALL cards you control.)

Thanks for the info, I've Time Warped this card again with a proper clarification of where you get the revealed card from. And the Counters accumulate on this on Spell/Trap resolution, as well as give it targeting immunity. The Normal Summoning contingency stays tho. Getting this ability off is easier than one would think, 'specially with RML/Skilled Magicians/Magicial monsters (remember, that effect comes up on the accumulation of counters from ALL cards you control.)

Oh, wow, targeting protection for a Field Spell is generally not a good idea. Nearly all forms of common Spell/Trap removal target, and to have to use non-targeting removal to get rid of a Field Spell is a bit of an annoyance that I don't think anyone wants to deal with. This problem is further bolstered by the fact that Harpie's Feather Duster isn't available in the TCG like it is in OCG land, which is why set 5 pass is such a big problem here, but not there. Like I said, the ability to use Dark Magic Expanded as protection whenever you need is good enough. I'd just make the effect such that it gains Spell Counters whenever ANY Spell/Trap resolves. There are too many DM Quick-Play Spell Cards for this not to the be the case, and Traps are inherently slow, when again, you need to be pumping out Spell Counters quickly. With this, it could come down to whoever you're playing, if they're Monarchs or Blue-Eyes, you'll get a lot, if it's PK Fire, haha, this thing isn't going to allow you to go off.

I wasn't saying the extra Normal Summon was bad, just that it wouldn't be the most useful thing. Situationally, it could be helpful though, I do agree to that, and it is appreciated.

Oh, wow, targeting protection for a Field Spell is generally not a good idea. Nearly all forms of common Spell/Trap removal target, and to have to use non-targeting removal to get rid of a Field Spell is a bit of an annoyance that I don't think anyone wants to deal with. This problem is further bolstered by the fact that Harpie's Feather Duster isn't available in the TCG like it is in OCG land, which is why set 5 pass is such a big problem here, but not there. Like I said, the ability to use Dark Magic Expanded as protection whenever you need is good enough. I'd just make the effect such that it gains Spell Counters whenever ANY Spell/Trap resolves. There are too many DM Quick-Play Spell Cards for this not to the be the case, and Traps are inherently slow, when again, you need to be pumping out Spell Counters quickly. With this, it could come down to whoever you're playing, if they're Monarchs or Blue-Eyes, you'll get a lot, if it's PK Fire, haha, this thing isn't going to allow you to go off.

I wasn't saying the extra Normal Summon was bad, just that it wouldn't be the most useful thing. Situationally, it could be helpful though, I do agree to that, and it is appreciated.

Oh. 

Oh my. 

Actually went ahead and forgot about the Expansion. And since it triggers the effect in the hand for free considering the counters-right, that non-targeting effect's off of this fort yesterday.

Archived