Erra Incarnate/Ritual (The Quicker-Picker Upper Caster)

Black D'Sceptyr

erra_incarnate_by_bdsceptyr-dag8t9g.png

[spoiler=Erra Incarnate: Errata]

EARTH/Spellcaster-Type Ritual Effect Monster/Level 9/3200 ATK/2500 DEF

Lore: You can Ritual Summon this card with "Ritual of a Forgotten Era". Once per turn, if a Spellcaster-Type monster(s) you control would be destroyed (by battle or by a card effect), you can place 1 Spell Counter on this card instead. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can remove 1 Spell Counter from this card and pay 1000 LP, then target 1 face-up card on the field; during this turn, if that target leaves the opponent's field, except by being banished, you can Set it to your field, but banish it when it leaves the field.

ritual_of_a_forgotten_era_by_bdsceptyr-d

[spoiler=Ritual of a Forgotten Era: Errata]

Ritual Spell Card

Lore: This card is used to Ritual Summon "Erra Incarnate". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field and/or remove counters from the field, so that the total Levels of the Tributed monsters and/or the number of removed counters equals exactly 9. During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 face-up card you control that you can place a Spell Counter on; shuffle this card into the Deck, and if you do, place 1 Spell Counter on that target. You can only use this effect of "Ritual of a Forgotten Era" once per turn.

This pair up continues the Spell Counter love that I long for. And that it recycles itself to forward the cycle is...well. And Pre-Preparation of Rites compatibility makes this very UNBRICKY. Especially with Magical Citadel/Library/Eradicator.

Anyways, let the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

This is a pretty neat spellcaster you got there. Not sure what decks with spellcasters make a good combination for level 9, though I guess you could splash this in basically any ritual deck. Anyway, for the difficulty in getting it out, I think it justifies how strong it is. Basically a slower Treatoad in that it can steal stuff. Really don't think you need that LP cost, and since it can only steal the card if you get rid of it, leaving more opportunity for disruption, I don't think it needs to Target either, though I'm not sure how you'd word it without the targeting part.

Ritual Spell Card: It's okay; nothing all that spectacular. Sure, you have the option of using Counters and placing a Counter to shuffle back, but there's not much to it. A bit above standard Ritual Spell Card.

Ritual Monster:

So it protects Spellcasters from destruction while building up Spell Counters; cute. The second effect is okay; reminds me of Treatoad, as both Set the card on your side of the field. However, this one depends on you removing the card, while Treatoad depends on you negating a card. However, the Life Point cost is rather needless. It takes some set-up to Ritual Summon this card, so just removing Counter(s) to activate this effect seems fair enough.

don't think it needs to Target either, though I'm not sure how you'd word it without the targeting part.

Or it could be changed to targeting any card (void targeting protection), as opposed to just face-up cards.

Archived