• Hologram(Brotherhood OP2)
    • Golden Time Lover(Brotherhood OP3)
    • Period(Brotherhood OP4)
    • Rain(Brotherhood OP5)
  2. 2. Overall best OP

• Fullmetal Alchemist(2003)
    • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood(2009)

>tfw post-FMA depression hits again

After my endeavor to watch all of Fullmetal Alchemist's 2003 adaptation and the 2009 Brotherhood version(the latter mostly so I can make a fair comparison with the former since it's been a while), one thing that both shows really succeed at doing is having great OPs(in my opinion, except for Undo anyway, that one kinda sucked tbh). But as we all know, opinions mean jack until it's voted on, therefore it's time for a poll! 

Multiple votes OK, no votes OK, voting whether only for the song alone or as an opening animation OK, discussion OK, go all out.

For easy comparing(NOTE: THE LATER OPENINGS FOR BROTHERHOOD HAS SOME SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE SHOW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j0rF16mUyM

The two vids include EDs as well, I can't be arsed to make a poll for the ED but it's totally fine to discuss 'em too. For reference my favorite is Brotherhood's ED5. Nakagawa Shoko's singing is great and the Hohenheim focus makes me cri.

And if you haven't seen or heard of FMA at all, I wholeheartedly recommend both shows. I find Brotherhood to be better, but I suggest starting from 2003 if you're willing to watch both.

I find it sad that nobody's voted for Melissa, which is probably my favorite opening overall.

Though Brotherhood had more openings that I liked so voted for that for the overall. Again and Rain are both really good. Again has a kind of spooky/badass feel to it, while Rain is heart-wrenching.

Archived