[AGM] Vanadis

The Nyx Avatar

LIGHT Fairy-types that have effects that help the opponent as well as benefit you, giving them better rewards for you getting better effects. It should be difficult to create advantage over your opponent but easy to spam monsters, essentially playing the Maxx "C" challenge by yourself. The Synchro(s) are DARK Fairy-types that have aggressive effects with costs, symbolizing Vanadis' (Freyja's) duality of both love and war. The spells and traps generally protect your monsters and passive-aggressively affect the opponent's board.

This may not look like much right now, but I intend to make more.

[spoiler=Show Monsters]

oj3TKaw.jpg

LORE:You can Special Summon 1 LIGHT Fairy-Type monster from your hand. If you do, your opponent gains Life Points equal to the Summoned monster's ATK. You can only activate this effect of "Vanadis Soldier - Aria" once per turn. If this card attacks: You can increase this card's ATK by 1000 until the end of the Damage Step. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.

VVYSH7d.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Vanadis" monster from your Graveyard. If you do, your opponent can draw 1 card. If this card battles a Special Summoned monster: You can double this card's ATK and DEF until the end of the Damage Step. If you do, your opponent takes no further damage this turn.

ZuzeOOB.jpg

LORE:If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If you do, your opponent can add 1 card from their Graveyard to their hand. You can only activate this effect of "Vanadis Commander - Farnese" once per turn. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; banish it.

EkEmQVu.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Vanadis" monster from your Deck. If you do, your opponent can draw 2 cards and you cannot Special Summon other monsters this turn, except Synchro monsters. If this card attacks: You can switch this card's original ATK and DEF until the end of the Damage Step.

8wdhWkE.jpg

LORE:While you control a "Vanadis" monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If you do, your opponent gains 1000 Life Points. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, after damage calculation: Banish that opponent's monster.

ljmbR9s.jpg

LORE:While you control a "Vanadis" monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If you do, your opponent's Spell/Trap Cards cannot be destroyed by card effects until your next Standby Phase. If this card is attacked: You can switch this card's original ATK and DEF until the end of the Damage Step.

VuIIncy.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 LIGHT Tuner monster from your hand or Graveyard. If you do, your opponent can Special Summon 1 monster from their Graveyard. If this card attacks: You can banish 1 "Vanadis" monster from your Graveyard; this card gains ATK equal to that banished monster's ATK until your next Standby Phase.

[spoiler=Show Spell Cards]

P5EFhcE.jpg

LORE:Add 1 "Vanadis" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Battle Cry of Vanadis" once per turn. During either player's turn (except during the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard), if a "Vanadis" monster would be destroyed by battle: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; it is not destroyed.

vEsAAX0.jpg

LORE:During either player's turn, if a "Vanadis" monster would be banished or destroyed by a card effect: You can pay 800 Life Points instead. You can only activate this effect of "Vanadis Palace" once per turn. During your Draw Phase, if you draw a "Vanadis" monster: You can reveal it, and if you do, Special Summon it.

cB1hgQg.jpg

LORE:Equip only to a LIGHT Fairy-Type monster. It gains 700 ATK. During either player's turn, if a monster equipped with this card would leave the field, you can destroy this card instead of 1 of those cards leaving the field.

[spoiler=Show Trap Cards]

NpJCgMI.jpg

LORE:If a "Vanadis" monster you control is destroyed (either by battle or by card effect): You can banish 1 card on the field. During either player's turn (except during the turn this card was sent), if a "Vanadis" monster would be targeted by a card effect: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; negate the effect.

rEvT825.jpg

LORE:Target 1 face-up "Vanadis" monster you control; while this card remains face-up on the field, it cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. If that monster leaves the field, destroy this card. If this card leaves the field, banish that monster.

[spoiler=Show Synchro Monsters]

7UNbot7.jpg

LORE:1 LIGHT Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner LIGHT monsters

This card gains 100 ATK for each Synchro Material used to Synchro Summon this card. Monsters destroyed by battle with this card are returned to the bottom of the Deck instead of going to the Graveyard. During either player's turn, if your opponent would activate a Spell/Trap Card: You can Tribute this card; negate its activation, and if you do, destroy it. You can only activate this effect of "Vanadis Fraulein - Mina" once per turn.

zrA8dyn.jpg

LORE:1 LIGHT Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Fairy-Type monsters

If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can banish 1 card on the field. You can pay 1000 Life Points; draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Vanadis Scourge - Doma" once per turn.

txxAmh5.jpg

Any monster this card destroys by battle is banished. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points; Special Summon 1 "Vanadis" monster from your Graveyard. Monsters Summoned by this effect cannot be used as Synchro Materials for a Synchro Summon.

5OKWooC.jpg

If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate card effects until the end of the Battle Phase. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points; this card gains 1000 ATK until your next Standby Phase. If this card is destroyed (either by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon up to 2 "Vanadis" monsters with different names from your Graveyard.

I7KBo1V.jpg

LORE:1 "Vanadis" Tuner monster + 1 or more "Vanadis" non-Tuner monsters

Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can pay Life Points equal to that monster's original ATK; Special Summon it to your side of the field in face-up Defense Position.

OrK4sV2.jpg

LORE:2 Tuners + 1 "Vanadis" non-Tuner Synchro monster

Must first be Synchro Summoned. This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Vanadis" card from your side of the field or hand to the Graveyard; banish 1 card on the field. During either player's turn, if this card battles a monster: You can pay 1000 Life Points; increase this card's ATK by 1000 until the end of the Damage Step.

Nice work. Although playing this archetype... youre never gonna win against a good deck. Youre giving your opponent way too much advantage. I say cut down on that a little or a cool way to circumnavigate that is make a field spell where you dont have to pay the cost that makes your opponent go plus from your archetypes monsters effects. stack a "once per turn, if this card would be removed from the field, you can banish 1 vanadis card from your grave". 

Or a quick play spell card to replace your searcher that, the next time a vanadis cost would activate, that cost is redirected to you. then during either players turn, except the turn this card was sent to the graveyard, you can banish this card, add 1 vanadis card from your deck to your hand. 

Thats how i would go about it.

Nice work. Although playing this archetype... youre never gonna win against a good deck. Youre giving your opponent way too much advantage. I say cut down on that a little or a cool way to circumnavigate that is make a field spell where you dont have to pay the cost that makes your opponent go plus from your archetypes monsters effects. stack a "once per turn, if this card would be removed from the field, you can banish 1 vanadis card from your grave".

Or a quick play spell card to replace your searcher that, the next time a vanadis cost would activate, that cost is redirected to you. then during either players turn, except the turn this card was sent to the graveyard, you can banish this card, add 1 vanadis card from your deck to your hand.

Thats how i would go about it.

But that's kind of the point of the archetype, as stated above in the original post. Being able to Summon easily while your opponent benefits, too.

While I agree that the "point" of this archetype is a bit... odd, I also wanted to raise a couple of questions about a couple of the Extra Deck monsters:

- Scourge: The first effect is worded quite weirdly. Is there any reason you couldn't just word it as "When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can activate this effect; this card can make a second attack in a row." ? 

- Unicorn: Shouldn't the effect end at the end of the Damage Step or something? Locking them out of their effects for the entire rest of the Battle Phase after this one card attacks is odd. Usually it's either just always on or it ends at Damage Step / Calculation.

While I agree that the "point" of this archetype is a bit... odd, I also wanted to raise a couple of questions about a couple of the Extra Deck monsters:

- Scourge: The first effect is worded quite weirdly. Is there any reason you couldn't just word it as "When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can activate this effect; this card can make a second attack in a row." ?

- Unicorn: Shouldn't the effect end at the end of the Damage Step or something? Locking them out of their effects for the entire rest of the Battle Phase after this one card attacks is odd. Usually it's either just always on or it ends at Damage Step / Calculation.

Ah; sorry about that. I meant for it to say "banish". Guess I mistyped it or autocorrect changed it to battle. As for Unicorn's effect, that's so the attacks from your other "Vanadis" monsters go uninterrupted, too. But if that seems like too much, I can change it to the Damage Step instead.

pretty interesting archetype. There's some grammar errors and also too many restrictions honestly xD I think you should make all the restrictions the same, whereas all the effect monsters should say "Your opponent gains LP equal to half of the Special Summoned monster's ATK" rather than making them draw or interact with their graveyard

pretty interesting archetype. There's some grammar errors and also too many restrictions honestly xD I think you should make all the restrictions the same, whereas all the effect monsters should say "Your opponent gains LP equal to half of the Special Summoned monster's ATK" rather than making them draw or interact with their graveyard

Again, it's how the archetype is supposed to work. Though, some of them do follow the same ones, such as your opponent drawing a card pr gaining Life Points.

Archived