Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

I'm not fond of the new designs for Team Rocket either, but since they're changing the style to adapt to the taste of little kids (well, the demographic was supposed to be grade school; we were this for a time in Gen 1/2), it was inevitable. 

That, and the reset that he's going to school for whatever reason (despite the amount of experience he has under his belt). People aren't going to be too happy if they push the reset button on him, and make him a bad Trainer again.

The Trial Captain bios sound fine though.

Yeah, there's gonna be a Trial Captain for each Pokemon type.

And oh boy are Brock and Bonnie gonna miss out.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if they did that tbph.

I hope they don't cause 6 gens of experience and they take that all away. To quote Tree's Aprentice

"It's stuff like this that makes me want to go up to Gamefreak, put my hand on their shoulders, look them in the eye and say "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!""

Let's hope they don't dump Ash's experience in the trash can, or the anime will certainly lose a lot of its fanbase (it'll definitely lose a lot of the older generation, like us). Again, while I get they're trying to appeal to little kids because their minds think differently from those who are in our teen years / early 20s-30s (and don't care about pairings as much), it would not be in their best interest for a complete reset. I wouldn't be surprised either if they did.

With B/W, yeah, they technically made him regress in the league to a random inclusion (talking about you, Cameron), but at least they remembered to go back to Gens 1/2 and bring back some of the memories from back then.

---

I hope they don't cause 6 gens of experience and they take that all away. To quote Tree's Aprentice

"It's stuff like this that makes me want to go up to Gamefreak, put my hand on their shoulders, look them in the eye and say "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!""

Expect it isn't gamefreak doing the anime....

With B/W, yeah, they technically made him regress in the league to a random inclusion (talking about you, Cameron), but at least they remembered to go back to Gens 1/2 and bring back some of the memories from back then.

---

It is things like this that make me slightly interested in how Ash is characterized throughout the series. At times it seems like they bounce back and forth a fair bit.

Anyway, another trailer

Couple new clips.

GameFreak don't do the anime though, but chances are a rest is gonna happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's talk dub voices.

Obviously Sarah Natochenny will be Ash and his mom again, unless they get Veronica Taylor since this Ash is less serious in nature.

How ab... Nah Dan Green was already Prof. Birch I doubt we need him again for Prof. Kukui, May need someone that sounds like Tito from Rocket Power, or not. How about Travis Willingham?

Lisa Ortiz MUST BE MALLOW, given the goofy aspect of the series, this works in her favor, and she needs a southern accent. Too much.

J Griff must be Kiawe, it kinda suits him.

Kate Bristol, yes I'm stepping out of my comfort zone, should be Lana.

Fat kid... hmm... Oh, Sophocles should be voiced by Pete Zarustica.

Lisa can also voice Plumeria.

As for Aether's leader, Methinks Tara Platt!

That's my take on it.

I would say disreagard this post, but since FD forgot the dates;

Episode 944: Alola! New Islands, New Pokémon!! (November 17th)

Episode 945: Enter the Guardian Deity Tapu Koko! Let Us Attempt To Master Our Z-Move! (November 17th)
Episode 946: Good Rotomorning, I am the Rotomdex, Roto! (November 24th)
Episode 948: Popplio, Do Your Balloonest! (December 1st)
Episode 949: Togedemaru: Prickling and Tingling! (December 8th)

EDIT: 945 has been added

If that ends up being the case, it might be part of the new direction that they're taking with this series.

Though, I have to say; Balloonest, Rotomorning. I'm sorry, but those sound like Pre-Best Wishes english titles.

Dang man! With Ash being stupid he may need them. Mallow and Sophocles will be good.

If that ends up being the case, it might be part of the new direction that they're taking with this series.

Though, I have to say; Balloonest, Rotomorning. I'm sorry, but those sound like Pre-Best Wishes english titles.

Yeah, the puns are really bad.

But otherwise, I'll be a little surprised about no traveling companions, but since Ash is going to school (again, why?), he won't really need them. Except if he does the trials of course, then he'll have to go. Would have to watch the series in two weeks and see how it goes, but frankly, I'm having my doubts about this series going well (least for us).

Dang man! With Ash being stupid he may need them. Mallow and Sophocles will be good.

Even if he does become stupid again, the writers might not feel inclined to give him companions. Again this is speculation.

Yeah, the puns are really bad.

But otherwise, I'll be a little surprised about no traveling companions, but since Ash is going to school (again, why?), he won't really need them. Except if he does the trials of course, then he'll have to go. Would have to watch the series in two weeks and see how it goes, but frankly, I'm having my doubts about this series going well (least for us).

Yeah, I don't think it'll be as popular as XY was in the west either.

Hmmm, he caught a Caterpie and Pidgeotto in episode 3 of the original, the former evolving into Metapod, caught a Lapras in the first episode of OI, caught a Heracross in episode 3 of Johto, a Starly in episode 2 of DP, Pidove in episode 2 of BW and Froakie in episode 2 of XY. Yup you're right, this will be the second time he caught a pokemon in the fourth episode of a series. Speaking of did Ash leave Noivern, Hawlucha and Talonflame with Prof Oak prior to this?

....I very much doubt that'll happen tbph.

EDIT: New title... which pretty much confirms that Ash will get Rowlet.

Episode 947: Enter Rowlet! I got a Pokémon in Alola!! (November 24th)

Interesting, he's going back to grass types.

I had a whole theory that the water starters would become his new signature pokémon until Gen 9 would have another cycle with fire starters, but I suppose the real answer is him using whatever's popular.

Interesting, he's going back to grass types.

I had a whole theory that the water starters would become his new signature pokémon until Gen 9 would have another cycle with fire starters, but I suppose the real answer is him using whatever's popular.

Yup, Rowlet is indeed popular.

Though I wonder if he'll get Litten as well.

Archived