Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

Well that is a Lillie focused episode tbf, and everyone is taking care of someone else's Pokémon for class.

As for the other two, it's nice that we're finally getting to Akala, and technically the title saying they go to Akala wasn't fake after all.

Yes, but the preview has too much people looking shocked.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but the preview has too much people looking shocked.

You realise that the preview you're on about must be the Morelull episode right? (We don't have a video preview for the other June episodes afaik)

EDIT:

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM028]

- Oh boy, the Baseball guy is a fan of Samson's Pokepuns

- K, so Ash and Kiawe are declaring their Z-move names when pitching

- Though Kiawe was so invested in the game to the point that he was depressed when Lana reached home

- Not gonna lie, wasn't expecting the Baseball guy's Snorlax to use Pulverising Pancake to carry the team to victory

- Kek, even Bewear prevented Jessie from getting the guy's autograph at the end

You realise that the preview you're on about must be the Morelull episode right? (We don't have a video preview for the other June episodes afaik)

EDIT:

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM028]

- Oh boy, the Baseball guy is a fan of Samson's Pokepuns

- K, so Ash and Kiawe are declaring their Z-move names when pitching

- Though Kiawe was so invested in the game to the point that he was depressed when Lana reached home

- Not gonna lie, wasn't expecting the Baseball guy's Snorlax to use Pulverising Pancake to carry the team to victory

- Kek, even Bewear prevented Jessie from getting the guy's autograph at the end

Yes, I do realize that. Also, Ash has a Snorlax as well.

Also, I'm getting the feeling Pokemon is officially jumping the shark.

Yes, I do realise that. Also, Ash has a Snorlax as well.

dunno how Ash also having a Snorlax has anything to do with the post you quoted, but meh

Also, I'm getting the feeling Pokemon is officially jumping the shark.

Whilst it is true that the series is churning out filler like it's going out of style (worse than Alola's fashion :Kappa:  ) but with the games following a slightly different formula, we expected the series to deviate from its current formula as well, but I remain confident that the plot will pick up sooner rather than later.

A filler episode I don't mind seeing is a 2-parter featuring Plumeria. She'd be all:

Plumeria: "I'm not fond of anyone who tramples on my sibs."

She first battles Kiawe, Turtonator vs A Salandit at first but it evolves into Salazzle. She uses Attract on Turtonator, then Toxic and using A Z-ring with Poisonium Z, she uses Acid Downpour and takes out Turtonator in one shot. After the battle, she stomps on Turtonator's Head, and Kiawe, held down by the Team Skull Trio, is forced to watch. Ash does not stand for this and tackles her. She grabs him by the collar and tells him "You just earned yourself a butt whoopin'. Tomorrow after school! If you don't show up, I'll cause an Acid Downpour on the trainer's school."

Next episode, Ash is ready for the battle against Plumeria, and the stakes couldn't be higher. But Ash comes out on top. During the battle Plumeria thinks to herself:

"Usually my opponents quit at this point, but this kid is different. He's either really brave or really stupid. This battle's got me pumped. I love it, reminds me of better days."

Plumeria flashbacks to when she started the Island Challenge. She was up against Nanu and he took her out with Black Hole Eclipse.

Nanu: "You'll have to wait a while before I get in the mood for a battle again. Maybe next time, I'll even try."

She quit soon after and meet up with a silouette of Guzma and he reaches out to her.

During the climax, Rockruff miraculously survives and evolves into Lycanrok midday forme. The grunts tell her to use Acid Downpour again but she calls them idiots and tells them Z-moves can only been used once per battle. Ash uses Continental Crush and wins. But a string shot comes out of nowhere and wraps Lycanroc and from out of the shadows, Guzma appears and prepares to use Savage Spin-out but Salazzle uses Flamethrower cutting Lycanroc free and she tells him that Ash has earned her respect. Guzma agrees to let them off but warns them not to cross paths with Team Skull again, and they out.

At the end, Guzma gets a call from a shilouette, with a pair of glowing green and purple eyes, and there is glowing purple veins coming out of the neck.

Not a bad setup, huh?

Well how would you make her stop stomping Turtonator's head?

I wouldn't have it happen at all because that seems rather excessive.

EDIT:

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM029]

- Lillie's camping bags are the same as the ones she has in the games

- We hear music from XY used here (namely Glittering Cave)

- Gotta love Mallow breaking the fourth wall, grabbing the slapboard (with the number 29 denoting the episode number) cutting Rotomdex off

- I facepalm'd when Morelull tried sucking the energy from a... Pokédoll

- Despite being introduced in Gen 1, this is the first time we see a Repel used in the series

- I will say this though, evolutions seem rather inconsistent as the Morelull glowed pink upon their evolution

- There was an ET reference when Ash and Shiinotic touched fingers

EDIT 2 (15th):

This isn't a spoiler, but the opening; Alola!! is replaced by Aim to Be a Pokémon Master -20th Anniversary- (The first Opening), in promotion of the twentieth movie.

[spoiler=spoiler]

From the preview of 31, we learn that Olivia's Lycanroc is Midday, different from her Lycanroc in the games

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM030]

- New opening showcases future events like Totem Wishiwashi, Totem Lurantis in addition to showing Alola Marowak and Marshadow

- Mallow and Togedemaru were funny to watch. Togedemaru's hyperactivity initially causing problems and later inadvertently cleaning the café, not to mention rejecting Sophocoles at the end

- I will say that Sophocoles/Steenee were the weakest, followed by Lana/Turtonator (all she and her sisters did was clean Turtonator's shell which it enjoyed) then Kiawe/Popplio (At least he found a use for Popplio when the Tauros started fighting) and finally Ash/Shiron.

- I'd say that this was a good development episode for Lillie because she wanted to do her best to look after the pokemon she wound up with for the assignment, and it's nice that she is now able to touch Pikachu after the battle she had with her butler and she wasn't half bad either.

[spoiler=SM030]

• At least Lillie can touch Pikachu now, but let's see how it works out for the other 'mons. She did okay for her first battle. 
  • In no particular order about the switches:
    • Ash / Shiron (Snowball/Snowy) started out rocky because of the latter's personality, but eventually warmed up. It liked Litten more than him.
    • Lillie got turned off with Pikachu eating often. 
    • Lana didn't do much with Turtonator, except cleaning it.
    • Kiawe at least found a way to stop Tauros from fighting. 
    • Sophocles tried to make Steenee run on the wheel, but latter was more interested in garden. 
    • Mallow had problems with Togedemaru being hyperactive, but yeah, clean the floor. 
  • No Team Rocket is good. 

From a personal perspective, I wouldn't be comfortable handing over my partner 'mon even for one day. (Fact is due to what my usual ones are)

They did remix it whilst still resembling said track, but at least it was better than the shitty 18th English opening.

That's what I was talking about.

Anyway, you think Ash will react to seeing Lusamine the same way Hau did in the games?

Ash: "You look just like Lillie. Are you her older sister?"

Lusamine looks at Ash all scary like, then she laughs hysterically.

Lillie: "Ash, this is my mom."

Ash: "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!"

Lusamine: "(snicker) I'm sorry. We get that a lot."

That's what I was talking about.

Oh, then again, it isn't difficult to top XY's first English opening imo

Anyway, you think Ash will react to seeing Lusamine the same way Hau did in the games?

Ash: "You look just like Lillie. Are you her older sister?"

Lusamine looks at Ash all scary like, then she laughs hysterically.

Lillie: "Ash, this is my mum."

Ash: "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!"

Lusamine: "(snicker) I'm sorry. We get that a lot."

Maybe, but we won't know for a while. It's possible that she intro herself as Lillie's mum before such assumptions are made

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM031]

- Lel, Ash got pwned by Tauros like 30 seconds in

- Nice to see Dragonair alter the elements ala its pokedex entry

- Watching the episode, I got the impression that Olivia had a slightly different personality than she did in the games, though after tripping three times in her heels, she needs to change her footwear, that or she's clumsy in whatever she wears on her feet. Though she defo seems likable in this series.

- I like how this episode portrayed a Bruxish... being a dick quite frankly trapping Wailmer in rocks. I mean it has that menacing look to it, but still.

- Lana is such a liar, claiming there was a Lugia in the water (had to check what pokemon it was though to be fair), and ofc Mallow is the only one who didn't fall for it

- And ofc, they continue with the trope of the Nurse Joy identical family thing again, and as usual Ash thought it was the same as the one from MeleMele (You'd think he'd have learned by now, then again continuity)

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM031]

- Lel, Ash got pwned by Tauros like 30 seconds in

- Nice to see Dragonair alter the elements ala its pokedex entry

- Watching the episode, I got the impression that Olivia had a slightly different personality than she did in the games, though after tripping three times in her heels, she needs to change her footwear, that or she's clumsy in whatever she wears on her feet. Though she defo seems likable in this series.

- I like how this episode portrayed a Bruxish... being a dick quite frankly trapping Wailmer in rocks. I mean it has that menacing look to it, but still.

- Lana is such a liar, claiming there was a Lugia in the water (had to check what pokemon it was though to be fair), and ofc Mallow is the only one who didn't fall for it

- And ofc, they continue with the trope of the Nurse Joy identical family thing again, and as usual Ash thought it was the same as the one from MeleMele (You'd think he'd have learned by now, then again continuity)

[spoiler my thoughts]

Walking in heels is tricky. Ask any woman who did it the first time.

And yeah, Olivia's personality was totally different from the games, she's still likeable despite the *ahem* zest.

My guess, Ash got stupid after XY and Z. That or he forgot.

Anyway, next week, we see Lillie in a different outfit! Bum bum bum, dramatic reverb.

And Lana and Stoutland have to bond.

Walking in heels is tricky. Ask any woman who did it the first time.

True, though this denotes that she is generically clumsy.

My guess, Ash got stupid after XY and Z. That or he forgot.

Pretty sure the last time Ash confused Nurse Joys was in Best Wishes. Iirc it was Serena in XY

[spoiler=There exists some member who forgot to spoiler tag]

Let's just assume Olivia is just clumsy in general.

• Ash forgets that Nurse Joys / Officer Jenny are all related, but not the same person. Note that they did reset Ash to being a(n immature) schoolboy, so...
  • I guess Bruxish was a jerk and pinned Wailmer in between rocks; sigh, it does fit with the dex description.
    • Ash, you missed out on catching a decent 'mon for team. Please don't tell me you're going to try competing with your LC-tier 'mons in the trials.
      • Uh yeah, Litten/Rowlet/Rockruff are LC and Pikachu is classed as PU (you get where this is going; Ash's team currently sucks).
  • They're going to be on ʻĀkala for a while, which is nice. (Well Ash, you technically have 4 trials to go through here; the starter typing ones and then Olivia.)

It took them 30+ episodes to get out of Melemele.

Next week's episode title;

Episode 976 Little Wishiwashi Isn't Lacking, It's the Lord of the Lake! (July 6th)

Obviously it'll concern Totem Wishiwashi, and I suppose we'll probs get episode titles for subsequent episodes like next week or something.

[spoiler That's what I'm saying]

This week we have Lana trying to get along with a Stoutland resulting in her finding a stone necessary to forge a Z-Ring, next week we have Lana probably trying to get Waterium-Z From Totem Wishywashy. I think the writers are hinting at something here.

Archived