Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

(Some people on Bulbapedia and the like complained about the episode though, in terms of why there was no Fire trial and we're skipping over it at this point.)

It was the same on Serebii forums as well, with regards to moaning about the fire trial.

We can hope Ash gets the Grassium Z, but at the same time, Mallow's probably getting it.

I do think Ash will get it as he's the one fighting Lurantis. Also Mallow doesn't have a Z-Ring so it'd be useless for her 'till she gets one.

Speaking of Mallow, people on the Serebii forums have been getting into a heated discussion with some people thinking; she'll get a Fomantis, others thinking she'll get the Grassium Z and a Sparking Stone to be made into a Z-Ring and some thinking she'll get nothing next episode. All of which seems plausible.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the same on Serebii forums as well, with regards to moaning about the fire trial.

I do think Ash will get it as he's the one fighting Lurantis. Also Mallow doesn't have a Z-Ring so it'd be useless for her 'till she gets one.

Speaking of Mallow, people on the Serebii forums have been getting into a heated discussion with some people thinking; she'll get a Fomantis, others thinking she'll get the Grassium Z and a Sparking Stone to be made into a Z-Ring and some thinking she'll get nothing next episode. All of which seems plausible.

So much to go on. And, aside from Pikachu, will ANY of Ash's pokemon evolve?

Question is which form is Ash's Rockruff going to; Midday/Midnight or some rumored third form that might debut in Ultra Sun/Moon. I can see Litten evolving too; hopefully to Incineroar. 

IDK about Rowlet though.

===

As for Mallow, let's assume she doesn't benefit much from this other than maybe a Fomantis at best.

​Wasting my 25,000th post here :Kappa: . (Rather than making a celebratory thread or something)

As for Mallow, let's assume she doesn't benefit much from this other than maybe a Fomantis at best.

That's what I'm leaning towards as well.

EDIT: Thursday 27th
[spoiler=Response]
Yeah, she got nothing.

Personally I'm not fussed as to who'll voice Olivia in the dub, but I digress

anywho,

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM035]

- It was amusing seeing Olivia getting pwned by saloon doors (should've held them to prevent that)

- Olivia is such a stalker, but it's clear that she set Ash up good and proper, saying to Mallow that the ingredient hunt would lead to Lush Jungle so that Ash could battle the totem.

- Ok, how the hell can you trip and land vertically (almost Bewear level BS), but the sheer hilarity pissed off the Fomantis

- I will say this about the battle, whilst it was neat to see the teamwork between Rowlet and Litten, there was some meh moments, for example Castform using Sunny Day and then using Water Gun... I mean WTF?! Litten using a Z-move to beat Lurantis was neat.

- At least Ash passed the trial, so he'd be able to battle Olivia

- They really do love XY music (Glittering cave and briefly, the trainer battle music)

Personally I'm not fussed as to who'll voice Olivia in the dub, but I digress

anywho,

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM035]

- It was amusing seeing Olivia getting pwned by saloon doors (should've held them to prevent that)

- Olivia is such a stalker, but it's clear that she set Ash up good and proper, saying to Mallow that the ingredient hunt would lead to Lush Jungle so that Ash could battle the totem.

- Ok, how the hell can you trip and land vertically (almost Bewear level BS), but the sheer hilarity pissed off the Fomantis

- I will say this about the battle, whilst it was neat to see the teamwork between Rowlet and Litten, there was some meh moments, for example Castform using Sunny Day and then using Water Gun... I mean WTF?! Litten using a Z-move to beat Lurantis was neat.

- At least Ash passed the trial, so he'd be able to battle Olivia

[spoiler my thoughts.]

Indeed, like...

Whitney: "Ahehe. That's true Ash, and now that we're here I'll give ya a tour of the whole place. Come on guys, just follow me through the automatic-"

Whitney slams into the doors.

Whitney: "Guess they're not, automatic."

as we all know, Ash has Normalium Z, so Litten has access to Break Neck Blitz too.

Ash has Rockruff, maybe it can use Continental Crush, you know, when Ash wins against Olivia.

[spoiler my thoughts.]

Indeed, like...

Whitney: "Ahehe. That's true Ash, and now that we're here I'll give ya a tour of the whole place. Come on guys, just follow me through the automatic-"

Whitney slams into the doors.

Whitney: "Guess they're not, automatic."

as we all know, Ash has Normalium Z, so Litten has access to Break​neck Blitz too.

Ash has Rockruff, maybe it can use Continental Crush, you know, when Ash wins against Olivia.

[spoiler=Obligatory response]

Funnily enough, I don't remember that happening (2obscure-a-fact4me) but... (to stop you from quoting me saying that it did) apparently it did.

I know Litten access to Breakneck Blitz, it's just seeing him in a battle is a rarity, let alone using a Z-move.

There isn't any doubt that Rockruff will be able to use Continental Crush, we just don't know if Ash will beat Olivia in the next episode or not.

However Rockruff will get focus in the following episode after that, set in the Ruins of Life.

[spoiler=SM035]

• Ash passes his trial; now explain why the hell he didn't get the other two Z-moves from trials. Olivia won't let us challenge her without Fire/Water (yes, he lacks a Water 'mon).
  • Rowlet is legitimately sheet now; can't stay awake for long enough to do anything. (I guess it had some redemption protecting Litten, but yeah).
  • Mallow gets nothing from the trial.
  • Olivia gets hit by doors; okay, next.
  • Anime physics; why are you using a Water move IN SUNLIGHT? Only do that if you know opponent is weak enough and you can steamroller in spite of that.
  • The berry search could've been done if Pikachu went up there and got it himself. (Or explain why Ash can't even battle a swarm of Fomantis)

I admit I'm being harsher on Ash than I have been in previous generations, but yeah, this is stuff he should be fully capable of doing already and this series apparently regressed him.

[spoiler=SM035]

• Ash passes his trial; now explain why the hell he didn't get the other two Z-moves from trials. Olivia won't let us challenge her without Fire/Water (yes, he lacks a Water 'mon).
  • Rowlet is legitimately sheet now; can't stay awake for long enough to do anything. (I guess it had some redemption protecting Litten, but yeah).
  • Mallow gets nothing from the trial.
  • Olivia gets hit by doors; okay, next.
  • Anime physics; why are you using a Water move IN SUNLIGHT? Only do that if you know opponent is weak enough and you can steamroller in spite of that.
  • The berry search could've been done if Pikachu went up there and got it himself. (Or explain why Ash can't even battle a swarm of Fomantis)

I admit I'm being harsher on Ash than I have been in previous generations, but yeah, this is stuff he should be fully capable of doing already and this series apparently regressed him.

I'm more concerned about when the plot will pick up after this?

[spoiler=SM035]

While that is true, it seems that the writers are somewhat deviating from the source material regarding Trials/Grand Trials.

I guess for this one, you just need to defeat the Trial Pokes that the Kahuna trained up in order to do the Grand Trial; or just 1 of them as opposed to 3. Then again, Firium Z wasn't shown, but Kiawe didn't need it.

I'm more concerned about when the plot will pick up after this?

Things that could (probably) happen after the trial and meeting Tapu Lele:

• Return to Melemele for more schooling and stuff, including training stuff.
  • Participate in Battle Royales a bit before leaving.
  • Team Skull / Aether arc with Faba and the like getting an appearance
    • Wouldn't be a bad time to start introducing the Ultra Beasts and Aether Foundation.
  • Start going to `Ula`ula after a short break and handling Nanu.

Likely will be #1; go back to Melemele for school, but we'll see.

I guess for this one, you just need to defeat the Trial Pokes that the Kahuna trained up in order to do the Grand Trial; or just 1 of them as opposed to 3. Then again, Firium Z wasn't shown, but Kiawe didn't need it.

Things that could (probably) happen after the trial and meeting Tapu Lele:

• Return to Melemele for more schooling and stuff, including training stuff.
  • Participate in Battle Royales a bit before leaving.
  • Team Skull / Aether arc with Faba and the like getting an appearance
    • Wouldn't be a bad time to start introducing the Ultra Beasts and Aether Foundation.
  • Start going to `Ula`ula after a short break and handling Nanu.

Likely will be #1; go back to Melemele for school, but we'll see.

Maybe there will be an episode where Lillie talks about a nightmare she had relating to her pokephobia, and in it, she'll see a pair of glowing, sinister eyes inside a Nihilego.

Yeah, considering on MeleMele both the totems appeared, I'd also say that the requirement to fight the Kahuna is to clear 1 trial.

As for the Fire trial, I wouldn't be surprised if Team Rocket/Skull encounter Totem Salazzle.

Maybe there will be an episode where Lillie talks about a nightmare she had relating to her pokephobia, and in it, she'll see a pair of glowing, sinister eyes inside a Nihilego.

Likely, but that'll be left up to the writers. I do think Nihilego will factor in here at some point.

Yeah, considering on MeleMele both the totems appeared, I'd also say that the requirement to fight the Kahuna is to clear 1 trial.

As for the Fire trial, I wouldn't be surprised if Team Rocket/Skull encounter Totem Salazzle.

1. Probably, and the same likely applies for `Ula`ula. Poni Island technically doesn't have a regular Trial before the Grand one (only actual Trial is the one pertaining to Kommo-o before you go encounter the version mascot).

Might change as US/UM come out.

2. They first have to get an actual Z-Ring, which they kinda don't. How they obtain one is unclear as of now, unless they defeat Hala or something and he grants them one.

So, TPCi confirmed that the new movie is to receive a theatrical run internationally on November 5th/6th. Of course the list of participating cinemas have yet to be confirmed.
In addition, the English names of Ash's companions in the movie are known as well; Verity (Piplup user) and Sorrel (Lucario guy).

So, TPCi confirmed that the new movie is to receive a theatrical run internationally on November 5th/6th. Of course the list of participating cinemas have yet to be confirmed.

In addition, the English names of Ash's companions in the movie are known as well; Verity (Piplup user) and Sorrel (Lucario guy).

This may be just me but for Nostalgia fans, they should have Veronica Taylor voice Ash again after 12-13 years.

Bringing in the original va's worked for Yugioh Dark Side of Dimensions, heck they even got Tara Sands back to reprise the role of Mokuba, so why not this?

I know we had the discussion before but fans kinda expect this.

We should ahlso have J. Griff be Sorrel and for a real curve ball, Kira Buckland be Verity.

Anyway, November will be a big month for Pokemon. 

Ofc I should mention that we have no idea whether this is just for the US or not.

This may be just me but for Nostalgia fans, they should have Veronica Taylor voice Ash again after 12-13 years.

Bringing in the original va's worked for Yugioh Dark Side of Dimensions, heck they even got Tara Sands back to reprise the role of Mokuba, so why not this?

I know we had the discussion before but fans kinda expect this.

I know we've had this discussion before, I just don't see any of the old VAs returning for this tbph.

EDIT: new episode titles;

Episode 981: Mimikyu's Disguise (August 17th)
Episode 982: Mallow the runaway and Oranguru (August 24th)
Episode 983: Popplio, Brionne and the Angry Dhelmise (August 31st)

The first has Jessie and Mimikyu get separated after a battle with Ash. The second features Mallow's father being the focus of a TV interview and the final one has Ash & Lana meet a trainer with a Brionne.

Ofc I should mention that we have no idea whether this is just for the US or not.

I know we've had this discussion before, I just don't see any of the old VAs returning for this tbph.

EDIT: new episode titles;

Episode 981: Mimikyu's Disguise (August 17th)

Episode 982: Mallow the runaway and Oranguru (August 24th)

Episode 983: Popplio, Brionne and the Angry Dhelmise (August 31st)

The first has Jessie and Mimikyu get separated after a battle with Ash. The second features Mallow's father being the focus of a TV interview and the final one has Ash & Lana meet a trainer with a Brionne.

[spoiler We're getting close...]

To the 1,000th episode of the pokemon anime in total.

As for the Mimikyu episode, we can assume Mimikyu will be seen without it's disguise. It'dd be like Yukk from

Mighty_Man_and_Yukk_TV_Series-910093403-

losing his doghouse and he can't find it the entire episode.

I dunno, I kinda don't see Mimikyu being without its disguise imo.

I mean if anything, it'll most likely be a bonding episode for Jessie/Mimikyu.

I dunno, I kinda don't see Mimikyu being without its disguise imo.

I mean if anything, it'll most likely be a bonding episode for Jessie/Mimikyu.

Right. It'd be like another mystery, not knowing what's under the cloth, and best not to know.

But yeah, Jessikyu. Not ship, but bond.

Right. It'd be like another mystery, not knowing what's under the cloth, and best not to know.

But yeah, Jessikyu. Not ship, but bond.

I believe that they're intending for it to be an unsolved mystery for eternities.

EDIT

[spoiler=Prelim thoughts on episode (based on info we know already)]

Given the gang will be back on MeleMele in a couple of episodes (case in point; the Mallow episode taking place at the cafe), Ash beating Olivia is to be... expected.

Also, given how angry Rockruff looked in the preview from last week, it can be assumed that it must be close to evolving seeing as its pokedex entry says that it gets rougher as it grows up.

Also

[spoiler=Next week]

When I checked Serebii earlier, I saw a pic from the preview showing Type:Null appearing next episode alongside Gladion.

Archived