Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM052]

- So in a flashback, we learn that Nebby was placed in the grass in that forest by all the Tapus after being teleported there

- Seeing Kukui in action using his Braviary was neat to see. (Those Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o have had a rough ride, first Lillie/Gladion, then Team Rocket trying to get through them, and now Kukui)

- Kek at Bewear trying to break Team Rocket's spines

- After Nebby evolved, James was forced to admit that he was mistaken regarding Nebby being able to become a Koffing

- Ash's Z-Ring is upgraded after the Solganium Z wouldn't fit in the Z-Ring

- The scene where Lillie touches Solgaleo is resembles a photo shown during of the credits of SM.

[spoiler=Magazine scan for SM053]

cpi2hZc.jpg

So Lusamine now has a Salazzle and Absol. I can understand why they removed Bewear from her team in the anime to be fair

Haven't seen it yet, though I'm waiting for the episode to be uploaded on anime sites. (I know I can watch it on YT, but the YT versions omit the op/ed/next ep preview)

On another note, there will be a break on January 4th (as is usually the case with there being a break around new year).

Fair enough.

On another note, if anyone is interested, we'll hear Lusamine's English voice. Along with Burnett, Wickk and

"I won't say it, it's too easy"

-Shredder 1980's TMNT

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM053]

- Burnet/Kukui fire up a marker so the others can get back safe (how considerate)

- Lillie must be determined to save Lusamine 'cuz she wasn't fazed by all the Nihilegos (she was scared of one like 3 episodes ago)

- The one thing that baffled me was why Bewear wanted Team Rocket to stick around. There must be a reason why, especially since TR wanted to retreat after Ash and the others went in the wormhole. Suppose we'll find out soon.

- Gladion notes that Nihilego is tapping into Lusamine's desire to meet an Ultra Beast and amping it to make her think that Ash and that want to take her new precious toy away from her, hence her telling them to stay away.

- I did like that everyone is getting action against Lusamine's 'mons;

- Kiawe battling Salazzle, (winning R1, and I say R1 as Salazzle will be back for more)

- Lana, Mallow and Sophocoles taking care of Mismagius, Milotic and Lilligant alongside Litten and Rowlet who stepped in to help which I thought was neat as it showed that they still have a ways to go as trainers.

- Though I will say, Rowlet being attracted by Lilligant's Sweet Scent bore mixed reception. Sure it was funny, but we're at a climax fight (time and place)

- Gladion battling Absol (Umbreon's sparring partner) was the most underwhelming imo. He has a pokemon which is regarded as a Beast Slayer, and his others did nothing (granted the fight was 30 seconds long). He defo needs to redeem himself next episode, though I do think he'll get a good deal of action.

- Lillie's fight with Clefable was neat. She stood up to its dazzling gleam and managed to help it break free from the Beast's control. The amount of development she has had is pretty good I will say.

Fair enough.

Not to mention the video quality on some of the ones on YT aren't the best in the world.

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM053]

- Burnet/Kukui fire up a marker so the others can get back safe (how considerate)

- Lillie must be determined to save Lusamine 'cuz she wasn't fazed by all the Nihilegos (she was scared of one like 3 episodes ago)

- The one thing that baffled me was why Bewear wanted Team Rocket to stick around. There must be a reason why, especially since TR wanted to retreat after Ash and the others went in the wormhole. Suppose we'll find out soon.

- Gladion notes that Nihilego is tapping into Lusamine's desire to meet an Ultra Beast and amping it to make her think that Ash and that want to take her new precious toy away from her, hence her telling them to stay away.

- I did like that everyone is getting action against Lusamine's 'mons;

- Kiawe battling Salazzle, (winning R1, and I say R1 as Salazzle will be back for more)

- Lana, Mallow and Sophocoles taking care of Mismagius, Milotic and Lilligant alongside Litten and Rowlet who stepped in to help which I thought was neat as it showed that they still have a ways to go as trainers.

- Though I will say, Rowlet being attracted by Lilligant's Sweet Scent bore mixed reception. Sure it was funny, but we're at a climax fight (time and place)

- Gladion battling Absol (Umbreon's sparring partner) was the most underwhelming imo. He has a pokemon which is regarded as a Beast Slayer, and his others did nothing (granted the fight was 30 seconds long). He defo needs to redeem himself next episode, though I do think he'll get a good deal of action.

- Lillie's fight with Clefable was neat. She stood up to its dazzling gleam and managed to help it break free from the Beast's control. The amount of development she has had is pretty good I will say.

Not to mention the video quality on some of the ones on YT aren't the best in the world.

[spoiler you know]

They could bring back an Ultra Beast to study.

[spoiler you know]

They could bring back an Ultra Beast to study.

[spoiler=Response]

I doubt that'll happen to be fair

On another note, if anyone is interested, we'll hear Lusamine's English voice. Along with Burnett, Wickk and

"I won't say it, it's too easy"

-Shredder 1980's TMNT

I heard today that SM043 was the first season finale (found out 'bout that on Twitter) of SM, thus it'll be some time before Lusamine and that make their first English appearance.

For reference, pokemon.com funked up, mistakenly having dec 2nd as the airdate for SM043, when it was actually dec 9th.

[spoiler=Response]

I doubt that'll happen to be fair

I heard today that SM043 was the first season finale (found out 'bout that on Twitter) of SM, thus it'll be some time before Lusamine and that make their first English appearance.

For reference, pokemon.com funked up, mistakenly having dec 2nd as the airdate for SM043, when it was actually dec 9th.

You're right. If it's a new season, then it'll probably air in February. Al least Japan has more time to air more episodes than America.

You're right. If it's a new season, then it'll probably air in February. Al least Japan has more time to air more episodes than America.

Yeah, though I mostly follow the Japanese version more anyway. Like I said, I only knew about that because the Pokémon twitter tweeted about it (as I was browsing twitter before work yesterday).

EDIT: We have a trailer for movie 21

The trailer depicts a silhouette of Lugia swimming through the ocean, then Ash standing on a seaside cliff. His hat (the same from the 20th film) blows off and lands next to a colourful new female character. We hear Lugia’s theme from the second movie at the very end of the trailer as well.

Well then, this is the earliest I've seen anime sites get the episode in quite a while

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM054]

- Ash during PokeProblem segment: "Get the answer in the 2nd half of the program" (More like get the answer in 2 and a half minutes as the answer is in the title of the bloody episode)

- Ash is stupid, stepping into the poison. (At least Gladion and Lillie were able to use their brains to cross; via Clefable's ability and Silvally equipping the Steel Memory)

- Gladion realised that unless the Mother Beast was defeated, Lusamine's pokemon would keep recovering

- Lana's expression when naming the combo move; so deadpan (Though I don't know why Steenee didn't think of using Sweet Scent herself instead of waiting or the idea to be suggested, it's not like she hadn't done it by herself before)

- Lillie with the home truths to try and break Lusamine from Nihilego's control, shame the latter's control was stronger

- Seems that the Electrium Z becoming Pikashunium Z was only temporary. Not surprised though to be fair given how powerful said Z-move is

- I will say that I'm disappointed that Ash took down Mother Beast. (I know he's the main character, but I mean Silvally was described as a Beast Slayer, yet it hardly did anything)

- Sophocoles bringing back a souvenir from their time in Ultra Space, followed by more of Lana's BS.

- As for Team Rocket; I feel like they were unneeded here tbph, yet Bewear wanted them to stay and witnessed one of Alola's mysteries.

[spoiler=SM053]

Everyone splits up to beat Lusamine's stuff.

Rowlett is still terrible at battles and was more of a hindrance. 

A few changes from Lusamine's actual team, but yeah. No Bewear, and I need to check if she actually has either an Absol / Salazzle, because I don't remember either of them.

[spoiler=SM054]

• PokeProblem is so easy; in title and people would've known from LAST week. 
  • Clefable's ability gets mentioned and Gladion uses Steel type to get across Poison. I mean, I guess Ash did use Solgaleo to cross too, but...that wasn't on him.
  • Unless UB-Lusamine is beaten, Pokémon keep recovering. (i.e. Kill the source or you're getting regenerating stuff)
  • I really think Gladion and/or Lillie should've done stuff, but yeah, Ash pulls off some bullshit "use 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt" thing to win in one hit. Or if Ash was intelligent enough and had Solgaleo around, just use its own Z-move.
    • But...when does he ever consider type advantage anyway and to be fair, no one knows what Nihilego's typing is anyway. 
  • Everything's more/less back to normal, and TR did nothing. 

After next week, back to boring school life and Ash likely won't go into the 'Ula'ula trials / Poni ones for a while. And let's ask if Ash even battled the Kommo-o too.

[still waiting on the Ultra Sun/Moon stuff, but...we're a long time in waiting for that.]

[spoiler=SM055]

• Main point of episode: Kukui and Burnet marry. So yeah, it's official.
    • Took getting pecked to wake up Kukui.
  • LOL at Munchlax smooching on Principal Oak when he said "you may now kiss bride"
  • Gladion goes on his own Island Trials
  • Something about Ultra Guardians and them being responsible for returning to their own worlds.
    • So...somewhat like what we already do for the International Police / Aether Foundation / Ultra Recon Squad in-game, but just returning them. Alright...
  • Poipole showed up at end, so time for Ultra Sun/Moon stuff.
  • Bye Nebby

Haven't watched the new episode yet (not up on the sites I use yet, and I cba with YT quality), but we do have a new episode title;

Episode 1000: Rotom Won't Stop Undergoing Forme Change! ​(January 11th)

It basically features Rotom leaving the dex to explore the other forms available to it.

Finally got around to watching le episode;

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM055]

- Kukui and Burnet get married. I suppose it was to happen eventually given their status in the games. The students did a good job with the ceremony

- Having said that, they were surprised that Kukui had a Braviary (given that Kukui had used it against the Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o, whilst Ash and that were at the Altar)

- Gladion chats about doing the island trials, and Ash offers to battle the next time they meet

- Rowlet with the 4th wall break by breaking the screen after being chucked out of the window (Also flying in just as the Luvdisc were about to kiss)

- Mareanie fantasising about marrying James, well then. Another amusing moment was when Munchlax snogged Samson when he said "You may now kiss the bride.

- Lusamine decides to make Ash and co Ultra Guardians tasked with getting the UBs back to their own worlds

- Guess Faba got punished then, by becoming Wicke's subordinate (We can only assume, unless he willingly chose to do so)

- Dat Poipole appearance at le end

[spoiler=SM056]

• Jigglypuff got scribbled on, lol.
  • Kukui gave everyone "anime eye glasses" (wut) to make it appear they're awake, but nope, they don't work.
  • Lillie looks like a tanuki with the scribbles on face.
  • Something about Bewear's face looking like angry face and all.
  • Apparently the "Pokemon of the Day" thing got rehashed from the RBY era. (Guess it shows how old this series is)
  • Ash tried to make Rowlet fight while asleep. (Uh, you do realize Rowlet is legit sheet when asleep, right?)

So yeah, episode had laugh moments.

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM056]
- Ash getting punched by Pyukumuku wasn't funny at all, it's stupidity (that aided Burnet's research)
- Burnet is such a flake, forgetting to pack for a trip
- We learn about how Komala and Samson Oak met (and how it'd lost its log), it was neat finding out that its replacement was a log that Samson used to ring the bell himself (I'm sure it's a lifesaver for his ears though).
- Team Rocket back to hunting for rare 'mons (and by extension, UBs), however Bewear stopped the hunt early. That being said, it didn't appreciate its face being drawn on by Jigglypuff
- Komala vs sleeping Rowlet, a battle worthy of rivalling Metapod vs Metapod!
- The WTP segment rehashed the Jigglypuff seen from above thing from the original series (in this case it's from below). Funnily enough, said episode was EP056 and this is SM056.
- Rotom can apparently still record whilst asleep, K.
- Yeah, using anime specs to appear awake was totally gonna work  :Kappa:  .
- Teach Komala Sing, eh *looks* (K, it can learn it, but as an egg move)
- Jigglypuff finally got doodled on (and by Komala) and oddly enough it found the funny side

Also, new episode title
Episode 1001: Don't Cry-de, Mareanie! (January 18th)

edit: even more titles;
Episode 1002: Mallow & Lana: Bittersweet Memories! (January 25th)
Episode 1003: Lillie is Soaring Through The Air! The PokéSled Jump Tournament (February 1st)
Episode 1004: Set Off! You Are Our Ultra Guardians! (February 8th)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived