Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why I didn't watch SM072 on Saturday is beyond me quite frankly. I'm such a big brain.

qmDRyZ5.png
[spoiler=Thoughts on SM072]
- Mallow's father sprains his waist whilst prepping for the Bread Festival, and Ulu (Mallow's brother) conveniently turns up for said event so he can apply what he had learned.
- Noa turns up to pick up her lunch and it is shown that Ulu has a crush on her and begins to fantasise about him and her. Meanwhile she agrees to have Ulu's bread every day if he won the festival. (At this point, I was like; "I wonder how this'll backfire.")
- Of course Team Rocket wants to enter to win the cruise around, though James suggests they can go around Alola in the air balloon, but Jessie shoots that suggestion down, claiming that the cruise is meaningful.
- Ulu makes some danishes with Grepa Berries (I didn't realise this whilst watching), but not everyone enjoyed them (Ash and Kiawe) due to both sweet and sour berries being used. Of course Kiawe scolded Ulu when Lickitung could've just separated the sweet/sour berries in the first place.
- When Mallow says that they're not using the sour Grepa Berries, her father wonders if they could be used for something. (Foreshadowing intensifies)
- Whoops, Ulu got careless with fantasising over Noa that all the sweet Grepa Berries got eaten by a Snorlax
- Remembering what her father said, Mallow suggests making jam, and for the second episode running, the current opening is used as an insert song during the montage of them making the jam. At least the cast did more in this episode than they did last episode (Shame most of them are looking to take a 1-week break if the voice cast for SM073 is anything to go by). Kudos to Rowlet though, Steenee's Sweet Scent proved to be a winning ingredient.
- The locals seemed to be enjoying TR's bagels, until the Grepa Berry jam bread drew away the customers, RIP. Jessie is such a big brain though, suggesting they make something out of every ingredient they had in retaliation, of course that failed as expected.
- It's been some time since we had an episode with Team Rocket that didn't have Bewear in it, the last time being SM063. Like that episode  Team Rocket were doing legit work.
- Unfortunately for Ulu, Noa announced that she a fiancé (there's the backfire I was expecting)
- Aina Cafeteria wins the event, and Ulu goes on another journey to better himself as a cook, and falls in love with a beauty (hopeless).
​- I'd say that this episode was better than SM071, but it still wasn't the best filler in the world (certainly not the best 1-hour special in the world). Sure Mallow got a bit further in her goal, but character-wise, she didn't get any further development. I can see why people moan about Mallow episodes though as she had gotten anything new since SM018 (when Bounsweet evolved).

[spoiler=SM073]

• TR has check-in with headquarters in Kanto; Matoi criticizes them for lack of progress. Jessie somewhat lies and says "we're going to get a Z-Ring" (which is true, but issue is how are they going to get a Z-ring)
  • Giovanni tells them "go to 'Ula'ula Island and talk to Nanu; I know him well" 
  • They do so, but get rejected the first time (well, they got their malasada stolen by his Meowth and like in-game, somewhat lazy [i'm not putting up with them])
  • Acerola appears and yeah, she got a shiny Mimikyu that is a literal ghost (ha!)
  • Giant Gengar possesses Meowth and Jessie
    • (I almost got confused when they called it "greedy Lapoo" and asked "uh, was that Gengar's Japanese name or something else because I don't know all of the Japanese names for 'mons [or remember thereof])
  • Nanu shows up, gives them Z-ring and Black Hole Eclipse done. 
  • Find out they're from TR, but they can keep the Z-ring as thanks for saving Acerola. Also comes with Mimikium Z for Jessie (now doesn't she need a Z-ring too now)
  • We see Ash traveling over next. Seems to be only him right now, unless rest of his classmates are in the cabin.
    • On that note, Sophocles is still partially useless and needs character development (no Z-moves for him), Mallow and Lana need new Pokemon for their team, Lillie can't fight except with Snowball and Kiawe is the only competent one. 

Hopefully Ash actually finishes his trials on a timely basis, but we shall see. Also the UB arc too. 

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM073]
- Team Rocket moan about their mundane work as of late, with Meowth lamenting that if they don't do proper work soon, the doughnut stand will be their only line of work. Even Matori picks up on their lack of progress, and in the heat of the moment, Jessie mentions that they've been trying to figure out how to use Z-Moves with Matori saying they need to acquire one from a Kahuna.
 - Giovanni suggests going to Ula'Ula 'cuz him and the Kahuna have history. I'm intrigued as to how the two know each other (At least it'll probs be touched upon next episode if the preview is anything to go by).
- Whilst fighting over food, Mareanie learns Knock Off and Team Rocket are happy about this as they can finally use the dark Z-crystal they got a year ago. (No seriously, they got the dark Z-crystal 364 days ago, which is basically a year)
- On their way to Ula'Ula (via the old hot air balloon they mentioned last episode), James talks about anti-Bewear measures, making crudely-made puppets with tape recorders to fool it. (I thought Bewear wasn't gonna be in the episode as it wasn't present in the voice cast list for the episode)
- Meanwhile Acerola is telling two kids a tale about the "plot of this episode", a Gengar (Greedy Lapoo) who was greedy as funk, stealing stuff and got sealed by ye olde Kahuna of Ula'Ula
- Meowth thinks that their newest product is gonna be enough to butter up the Kahuna so they can get the Z-Ring. (Like that was going to work) In the end, a bunch of Alolan Meowths eat them, kek.
- Upon meeting Nanu, he makes a lie saying that the Kahuna is on a journey and wouldn't be back for a while (In the bollocks department, Lana is still the best)
- In her frustration, Jessie releases "Greedy Lapoo" who steals the Z-crystal and makes off with Acerola, and a nugget from some bloke who resembles a guy from Magikarp Jump
- When Acerola's shiny Mimikyu's attacks failed, I was like "dafuq?" as the moves it used are super effective on Gengar
- Gengar tries to bribe Acerola with all the sheet it had stolen, but she refused causing Gengar to throw a tantrum and tries to put Acerola inside its body (PG Gengar, PG. This is meant to be a kid's show after all), good thing Team Rocket were around to stop it.
- Midway through the fight with Gengar (during which Gengar possesses Meowth and Jessie, before Mareanie uses Knock Off), Nanu gives them a Z-Ring so Mareanie can finish the job with Black Hole Eclipse
- Acerola figures out that Gengar was lonely and agrees to be its friend, whilst Nanu threatens it to reseal it if it caused more mischief
- Nanu is aware that the trio is part of Team Rocket (after Jessie mentions Giovanni) and allows them to keep the Z-Ring as a thank you for saving Acerola
- Acerola says that her [shiny] Mimikyu is an actual ghost and gifts Jessie with a Mimikium-Z (at least Jessie's Mimikyu has the move required to use it)
- Meanwhile on a boat heading for Ula'Ula, the minor character Ash declares in his 17 seconds of screentime (yes I did count his screentime, and he got less screentime than he did in XY107; another Team Rocket-focused episode) that it is time for his 3rd Grand Trial. Only problem with that is that he hasn't done any of Ula'Ula's trials beforehand.
- On another note, this is the first episode since its debut in which Rotomdex doesn't speak

EDIT: New episode titles;
Episode 1018: Tapu Bulu! Intense Slacker Training!! (May 17th)
Episode 1019: The Decisive Super Battle! Pikachu VS Mimikyu!! (May 24th)
Episode 1020: Nanu's Grand Trial! The Awakening of Lycanroc! (May 31st)
Episode 1021: Ultra Beast Clash! Operation: Rumble Crash!! (June 7th)

The first features Ash doing some training and encountering Tapu Bulu again. The second features Team Rocket challenging Ash to a battle now that they have mastered Z-Moves (somehow I see Bewear funking this up). The third features Ash's Grand Trial where he has to beat Nanu's 3 'mons with 1, in this case Lycanroc. And the fourth features Blacephalon.

[spoiler=SM074]

• Kukui is making the league soon.
  • Ash is all alone on 'Ula'ula Island
  • Nanu sees that Ash has some rare Pokémon but not in the mood to fight him.
  • Giovanni calls about Ultra Necrozma but Nanu knows nothing about it. (Oh this is gonna be good)
  • Acerola takes Nanu's kendama to make him fight (also the stares)
  • Lycanroc goes berserk, doesn't listen and proceeds to get his ass beaten by Krookodile. 
  • Acerola suggests "train with Tapu Bulu". Well, we know that from the next episode, but how this is gonna work out remains to be seen.
  • TR decides to report on Ultra Necrozma, but Matori says "Giovanni knows already, and find other sheet to report on". Given Matori being a technical jackass, you can see why Jessie hates her. 

[spoiler=Soon for Ultra Necrozma (when we finally get there)]

Just prepare to watch Ash get his entire team fainted by it, and probably everyone else that has the guts to fight it. Ash, at this time, your team is nowhere near ready for the league and certainly not near the level to even SURVIVE Ultra Necrozma.

To be fair, none of Ash's classmates have teams competent enough to deal with it. (You cannot expect a bunch of LC/PU-tier 'mons to take on a Uber / AG-tier, even with the anime sheet that comes up). Hopefully his team gets stronger (and catches new stuff), but Ash has a bad habit of not training properly and his sheet is still NU / PU-level at best. 

Put bluntly, his team sucks right now outside of Lycanroc (and he needs to tame it too). 

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM074]

- Kukui tells the class about building the league in Alola, causing Ash and Kiawe to get fired up. (This flashback is all the screentime the classmates get; totalling 31 seconds)

- Meanwhile Jessie is focused on pulling off her Z-Move (James lamenting that he won't get it back for a while)

- Nanu was attempting to take a nap but Ula'Ula's Jenny comes along and she knows that Nanu was trying to nap when he claims he is patrolling, and we learn that this Jenny has a Baile-style Oricorio (Which I refer to as Salsa Birde). Nevertheless Nanu lies to Jenny by saying he "forgot something" and goes back to the police station

- Giovanni calls and enquires about this "Lord Light" to which Nanu says that he's never heard of it. Of course it's clear that he's lying. Needless to say, the conversation is cut short because of Ash arriving

- Nanu lies about his identity and says to Ash that he's Nanu's co-worker and that "Nanu" is out on patrol, but he does note that Ash has some rare Pokémon. In his latest act of dodging duties, he asks Ash to play with the Meowth until Nanu gets back. (excuses for days this bloke)

- Acerola arrives and when Ash says that "another officer" asked him to look after the place, she tells Ash that Nanu is the only worker and that he buggered off again.

- At the library, Acerola tells the legend of "Lord Light" (Necrozma) and that it could be an Ultra Beast. Team Rocket eavesdrops from outside and want to inform Giovanni of the info they just learned (Of course Giovanni already knows this, but Team Rocket don't know that)

- Acerola reveals that she took Nanu's kendama hostage to draw out Nanu.

- Nanu tells Ash that he isn't ready for his trial and should go back to Melemele, but Acerola persuades him to allow Ash to have a pre-trial battle (which was amusing; seeing Acerola glare at him)

- During the fight, we see that Nanu's Krookodile has Intimidate for its ability and Lycanroc goes berserk after getting dirty just like in SM047 (been a while since we saw Gladion).

- After Ash lost, Nanu reiterates that Ash wasn't ready, telling him to go back to Melemele, but Ash says he wants to train to which Acerola suggests asking Tapu Bulu.

- Team Rocket goes to report the info they learned, but Matori says that Giovanni already knows about "Lord Light" and that they should find some other stuff to report on. 

- Meanwhile Bewear is still fooled by the dolls.

All in all, I thought this was a decent episode. It sets up Necrozma into the plot (between Acerola recounting the story and Giovanni being aware of it), in addition to showing that Ash needs to develop if he is to beat Nanu (and I think that Ash will get a Lycanium-Z instead of Darkinium-Z from Nanu given Lycanroc's involvement in the rematch).

Also on an unrelated note, even though it wasn't shown, after watching this episode I honestly think that Ash's Krookodile has Moxie.

I honestly think Cassidy and Biff have been scrapped as characters tbph.

On another note, I honestly think Ash will get Lycanium-Z from Nanu instead of the Darkinium-Z (considering TR has that Z-crystal and increased focus on Lycanroc).  

Butch: It's Butch!

Plus, how long will Bewear be fooled?

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM075]

- Acerola offers to take Ash to the ruins via ride Mudsdale (It is needed to get through route 12 after all)

- In the desert, Rowlet falls out of Ash's bag, at least Poipole saves it.

- Upon reaching the ruins, Ash is shocked to find out that to get to Tapu Bulu, he needs to climb to the top of a cliff. I did enjoy Ash racing up when everyone else overtook him. Acerola is such a great climber though.

- Random shots of a Trapinch and Sandile in the episode are random.

- Mirroring its dex entry, Tapu Bulu is portrayed as a lazy 'mon and initially refused to train Ash, until Poipole did its thing again, but this simply prompted Tapu Bulu to do stuff with vegetation.

- I didn't expect Rowlet to learn a new move tbph. It was able to learn Razor Leaf after spending a few moments under the magical influence of said tree

- Meanwhile when Team Rocket retreated to a cave, Meowth remarks that they have been relaxing easily in certain places. Anywho, Mimikyu taught Jessie the pose that is needed to use its Z-Move

- I'd say Tapu Bulu was a dick, pushing Lycanroc into the rain where it'd get wet/muddy, but it was necessary for its development. Ash got Lycanroc to remember the good times they had playing in the rain/mud when it was a Rockruff, and this eventually calmed it down, and it was then that Tapu Bulu decided to battle.

- During the battle, I liked the fact that Tapu Bulu used a tree as a weapon (and to test if Lycanroc had gotten over its habit to go berserk when wet/muddy). Also Lycanroc learned Stone Edge, further cementing that Ash will get Lycanium-Z soon.

- Oh and the current opening was used as an insert song for the 3rd time in 5 episodes.

All in all, this was a decent development episode for Lycanroc, overcoming its issues and the resolution was well-handled as well

[spoiler=Stuff regarding SM076]

It appears that Ash's battle against Team Rocket is part of Nanu's trial.

Also as expected (shown in the preview), Bewear finds out about the decoys. Hopefully it doesn't interrupt the battle given it's part of the trial set up by Nanu.

[spoiler=SM075]

Episode was fine for the most part, well, except the fact that Pikachu was a douche and stepped on Ash's face while climbing up the walls. Also Rowlet being partially useless as usual; least in terms of falling out of Ash's bag again and sheet. 

Tapu Bulu's dex entry is accurate here for the most part. 

Rowlet learns Razor Leaf, but is it really that big of an accomplishment? At least Lycanroc got Stone Edge, so...almost time for the special Z-move. 

TR technically learns Mimikyu's Z-move pose (well, for Fairy moves in general anyway)

Lycanroc gets thrown in dirt, but yeah, needed for development and get over its rage problems. Least it calmed down. 

[spoiler=Stuff regarding SM076]

It appears that Ash's battle against Team Rocket is part of Nanu's trial.

Also as expected (shown in the preview), Bewear finds out about the decoys. Hopefully it doesn't interrupt the battle given it's part of the trial set up by Nanu.

[spoiler=Reply]

Hopefully not, but then again, it's been known to interrupt things at the most inopportune moments (and well, some viewers are probably fed up with it by now). Or it could have the dignity to wait until after sheet finishes. 

Ash still has to defeat Nanu for the Grand Trial anyway, so...

Honestly, I don't have my hopes up for Ash at this point; well, least for Pikachu anyway, given the next episode.

[spoiler=Reply]

Hopefully not, but then again, it's been known to interrupt things at the most inopportune moments (and well, some viewers are probably fed up with it by now). Or it could have the dignity to wait until after sheet finishes. 

Ash still has to defeat Nanu for the Grand Trial anyway, so...

Honestly, I don't have my hopes up for Ash at this point; well, least for Pikachu anyway, given the next episode.

[spoiler=Response]

If Bewear interrupts the fight before its conclusion (which I don't want to happen given it's a trial), Acerola could always bend the truth and say Ash beat the trial anyway.

[spoiler=Response]

If Bewear interrupts the fight before its conclusion (which I don't want to happen given it's a trial), Acerola could always bend the truth and say Ash beat the trial anyway.

[spoiler=]

Technically yeah, he would win since the opponent would be considered as having forfeited (albeit not by their own decision). But when he fights Nanu for real, if he didn't deserve the win against TR, then it'll show (even with the training with Tapu Bulu this time). 

Hopefully Bewear doesn't interrupt it, but we'll see what the writers do about its interference. Knowing Bewear, it'll probably find some way to travel the 200+ miles (or however far it is from Melemele to 'Ula'ula) that defies common sense (if we also consider how it got to KANTO of all places from Alola solely by running).

Ash probably will do okay (even if the fight is left alone) if he doesn't screw up, but yeah.

[spoiler=]

Technically yeah, he would win since the opponent would be considered as having forfeited (albeit not by their own decision). But when he fights Nanu for real, if he didn't deserve the win against TR, then it'll show (even with the training with Tapu Bulu this time). 

Hopefully Bewear doesn't interrupt it, but we'll see what the writers do about its interference. Knowing Bewear, it'll probably find some way to travel the 200+ miles (or however far it is from Melemele to 'Ula'ula) that defies common sense (if we also consider how it got to KANTO of all places from Alola solely by running).

Ash probably will do okay (even if the fight is left alone) if he doesn't screw up, but yeah.

[spoiler=Response]

When he does fight Nanu for real, it'll be a 3 on 1 fight (as in Ash has to beat all of Nanu's mons with Lycanroc).

Regarding the battle with TR, from the preview I know Let's Snuggle Forever stopped Pikachu from using Electro Ball, but I do suspect Ash will save his Z-Move for after Pikachu survives. 

[spoiler=Response]

When he does fight Nanu for real, it'll be a 3 on 1 fight (as in Ash has to beat all of Nanu's mons with Lycanroc).

Regarding the battle with TR, from the preview I know Let's Snuggle Forever stopped Pikachu from using Electro Ball, but I do suspect Ash will save his Z-Move for after Pikachu survives. 

[spoiler reply]

1. Pikachu will probably be so scared of seeing what Mimikyu looked like inside its costume it'll be too scared to fight.

2. About travelling to Kanto, Bewear must have hyper "My kids are in danger" senses, and so it hopped on a plane for Johto. That explained how it came to their "rescue" at Oak's lab.

[spoiler reply]

1. Pikachu will probably be so scared of seeing what Mimikyu looked like inside its costume it'll be too scared to fight.

[spoiler=Response]

Considering Pikachu is charging up an Electro Ball and then turning his head to the ground a second later, I'd say the light from his attack will prevent him from seeing what Mimikyu looks like.

[spoiler Straight from Serebii, SM076]

• Nanu has TR go to the abandoned supermarket
  • Bewear finds out and is understandably ticked.
  • Instead of dragging them home during the battle, Bewear actually let's them finish, and THEN after they're defeated, Bewear brings them home in a shopping cart, and they're probably gonna be grounded for life.
  • Ash will have his rematch with Nanu.

I know this is from 3 episodes ago, but it's something I didn't realise at the time;

SM073 is the first time that Ash was only seen towards the end of an episode since DP001. It was also the first time that a notable dark-type specialist appears in the anime

I know, I mean the likes of Karen, Sidney, and Grimsley could have been in the anime from the get-go. They didn't.

[spoiler=SM076]

• TR goes down to Abandoned Megamart to fight Ash, but technically Ash wasn't there at the time Nanu told them this information.
  • Ash finds out that TR wants to fight him afterwards.
  • Pikachu survives getting KO'd by Let's Snuggle Forever by learning Electroweb (which btw is a TUTOR move in Gen 6 for Pikachu), then 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt to win.
  • No new Z-Crystal for  Ash, but he doesn't have any Ghosts on him anyway. Or you can call it the equivalent of Acerola's actual trial, sans not dealing with the Totem Mimikyu.
  • Bewear somehow travels the 200+ miles to 'Ula'ula and catches up with TR; least it lets them finish the battle before screwing physics again back to Melemele.
  • Matori sees TR has a Z-Crystal so they can catch more stuff (presumably). 
  • TR shocked at Let's Snuggle Forever, but they aren't alone.
  • Ash can do the Grand Trial. 

[spoiler=SM077 predictions]

Oh look Lycanroc, you went out of control again. I thought you stopped doing that after Tapu Bulu's encounter. Oh well, let's see what happens. 

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM076]

- Just as Team Rocket is practicing using the Z-move, Matori interrupts and asks for their regular report (and by "regular", she means calling every 2-3 episodes). She notes that now Team Rocket has a Z-Ring, they can get some rare pokemon. (Not bloody likely)

- Whilst training, Lycanroc gets dirty, but is simply saddened (and Is fine) not pissed about it like before, and Pikachu's Electro Ball splits as well.

- Team Rocket asks Nanu where Ash is, and he lazily points at Thrifty Megamart saying that he would be (More like leading them on a wild goose chase to get rid of them... until Ash actually gets there). When Ash arrives asking to do Nanu's trial, he sends him there to battle a "Mimikyu trainer" (not saying who though) leaving the judging duties to Acerola.

- I didn't notice this from the preview, but the flags in the inside of Thrifty Megamart that was shown in the preview had a symbol similar to that of Walmart. In the actual episode, it was something completely different.

- This is the first instance of Disguise being shown

- Bewear's suspicion levels hit its apex when it goes up to see the dummies, just as the tape recorder's batteries start going flat, this in term causes Bewear to defy physics as usual, smash the wall and bugger off to collect Team Rocket. I'm surprised the batteries lasted that long to be fair.

- Meanwhile at the school, the minor characters are coincidently learning about Mimikyu, wondering why it wears a Pikachu cloth to what it looks like inside (and trust Lana to chime in with her bollocks, well tried to at least) to how Ash is doing on Ula'Ula

- Midway through the fight, Bewear arrives to take Team Rocket back, but is lets them stay after Mimikyu stares at it which is code for "I want to see this fight through to the end." (Technically it still interrupted the fight, so minor, yet moot complaint there)

- Pikachu somehow survives Let's Snuggle Forever by using Electroweb. I was like "How the funk can it learn that?" so I looked it up and it has been a move tutor move for it since disastORAS (To be fair, I didn't even know this at all). Now this is only my headcanon, but it seems that Pikachu's secondary electric moves has a lifespan of two regions/series; Volt Tackle - learned in AG, stopped using it in BW, Electro Ball - learned in BW, stopped using in SM

- Not gonna lie, I was surprised that Pikachu finished off Mimikyu with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. (Last time that was used was against Mother Beast Lusamine), and Team Rocket was surprised that Pikachu had a Z-Move like that considering the fact that Team Rocket and Ash were in different dimensions when the move was last used. Also this is the first time Pikachu legit beat Mimikyu as all other instances, Bewear interrupted the fight.

- Oh, and for the fourth time in six episodes, the current opening is used as insert song (it is getting silly now)

- Bewear puts Team Rocket in a trolley and defies physics for the 20 billionth time as it's propelled back to MeleMele. That scene reminded me of the scene from Family Guy when Peter rode down the roof in a trolley. (The difference being the direction of course)

- Now that Ash has done his trial, he can now face Nanu's Grand Trial

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM076]

- Just as Team Rocket is practicing using the Z-move, Matori interrupts and asks for their regular report (and by "regular", she means calling every 2-3 episodes). She notes that now Team Rocket has a Z-Ring, they can get some rare pokemon. (Not bloody likely)

- Whilst training, Lycanroc gets dirty, but is simply saddened (and Is fine) not pissed about it like before, and Pikachu's Electro Ball splits as well.

- Team Rocket asks Nanu where Ash is, and he lazily points at Thrifty Megamart saying that he would be (More like leading them on a wild goose chase to get rid of them... until Ash actually gets there). When Ash arrives asking to do Nanu's trial, he sends him there to battle a "Mimikyu trainer" (not saying who though) leaving the judging duties to Acerola.

- I didn't notice this from the preview, but the flags in the inside of Thrifty Megamart that was shown in the preview had a symbol similar to that of Walmart. In the actual episode, it was something completely different.

- This is the first instance of Disguise being shown

- Bewear's suspicion levels hit its apex when it goes up to see the dummies, just as the tape recorder's batteries start going flat, this in term causes Bewear to defy physics as usual, smash the wall and bugger off to collect Team Rocket. I'm surprised the batteries lasted that long to be fair.

- Meanwhile at the school, the minor characters are coincidently learning about Mimikyu, wondering why it wears a Pikachu cloth to what it looks like inside (and trust Lana to chime in with her bollocks, well tried to at least) to how Ash is doing on Ula'Ula

- Midway through the fight, Bewear arrives to take Team Rocket back, but is lets them stay after Mimikyu stares at it which is code for "I want to see this fight through to the end." (Technically it still interrupted the fight, so minor, yet moot complaint there)

- Pikachu somehow survives Let's Snuggle Forever by using Electroweb. I was like "How the funk can it learn that?" so I looked it up and it has been a move tutor move for it since disastORAS (To be fair, I didn't even know this at all). Now this is only my headcanon, but it seems that Pikachu's secondary electric moves has a lifespan of two regions/series; Volt Tackle - learned in AG, stopped using it in BW, Electro Ball - learned in BW, stopped using in SM

- Not gonna lie, I was surprised that Pikachu finished off Mimikyu with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. (Last time that was used was against Mother Beast Lusamine), and Team Rocket was surprised that Pikachu had a Z-Move like that considering the fact that Team Rocket and Ash were in different dimensions when the move was last used. Also this is the first time Pikachu legit beat Mimikyu as all other instances, Bewear interrupted the fight.

- Oh, and for the fourth time in six episodes, the current opening is used as insert song (it is getting silly now)

- Bewear puts Team Rocket in a trolley and defies physics for the 20 billionth time as it's propelled back to MeleMele. That scene reminded me of the scene from Family Guy when Peter rode down the roof in a trolley. (The difference being the direction of course)

- Now that Ash has done his trial, he can now face Nanu's Grand Trial

Understandably Bewear would be Super Mad at them for tricking them it would be like "THEY TRICKED ME! THEY ARE SO GROUNDED!"

Archived