Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

Well, Ash will need a local about Galar, and I think Lillie would be a good traveling companion for Galar. Maybe Brock or Misty.

Not necessarily. How did Vera find out about Alola? Oh yeah, Delia/Mimey won a vacation there and Oak asked them to deliver an egg to his cousin. Also I don't think Lillie will travel through Galar with Vera. It'll likely be him and new characters. Unova was the same, he accompanied Oak there with Delia and decided to stick around.

As for the Viking thing, how would Ash, Misty and Brock get to New Island? We know boat, and we know Team Rocket, disguised, took them to New Island, but... that's about it.

To reiterate what I said in my previous post, in the Japanese version of M01, there was no mention of the term "Viking";

Brock: They had these kinds of boats too, eh?

Vera: We must be pretty lucky!

The reference to Vikings was made in the dub, and the dialogue was different in different countries

Obviously the English version referenced the Minnesota Vikings

The Danish version had Vera say "Yes, but they are mostly touring in Sweden." refencing an old band called The Vikings

In the Swedish version, Vera mentioned that they mostly hang out in Norway (Real Vikings existed in both countries)

And in the Polish version, he replied that they mostly live in Scandinavia

TPCi may mention Vikings, but I don't think they'll make the same reference as 4Kids, or they may do something similar to the Japanese version, we'll just have to wait and see.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they'll pull a Serena with the next PokeGirl

As for Plumeria, I do think she'll get more screentime with her handling the Poisonium-Z, or just more screentime in general.

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM112]
- As Professor Oak confirms Meltan's information, said stowaway eats the pan (something she doesn't find out till later), and Burnet stupidly assumes it to be a wormhole *facedesk*
- After Vera tells the rest of the cast about Meltan, Kukui has them battle each other (Offscreen of course)
 - Meanwhile, as Rowlet sleeps, random pokemon float about, including Jigglypuff
- Some time later, the rogue Meltan bonds with Rowlet, Murkrow comes to cause problems, which results in Team Rocket to get involved.
- Score one to Clefable for damage limitation when it comes to the other 19 Meltan. (Of course, the machines will have to be repaired come SM114)
- RIP Team Rocket's plan to sell their combee doughnuts when their van breaks down. Sure they were able to repair it with Meltan's fallen nut, but it was too late as everyone was inside the cinema by the time they got there.
- Eventually Rowlet/Meltan encounter Team Rocket, and a fight ensues, with Rowlet defending its new friend
- When Meltan defends Rowlet and attacks Team Rocket, Bewear shows up with Stufful and the jabroni carries the van with no effort whilst the Stufful sits in the driver's seat (for no reason)
- Back at the school, Clefable has tamed the other Rowlet and when the 20th Meltan reunites with them, it'd rather stay with Rowlet, thus Vera decided to capture it
 - As long as it doesn't use a Z-move, then it's fine

I don't think they'll pull a Serena with the next PokeGirl

As for Plumeria, I do think she'll get more screentime with her handling the Poisonium-Z, or just more screentime in general.

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM112]

- As Professor Oak confirms Meltan's information, said stowaway eats the pan (something she doesn't find out till later), and Burnet stupidly assumes it to be a wormhole *facedesk*

- After Vera tells the rest of the cast about Meltan, Kukui has them battle each other (Offscreen of course)

- Meanwhile, as Rowlet sleeps, random pokemon float about, including Jigglypuff

- Some time later, the rogue Meltan bonds with Rowlet, Murkrow comes to cause problems, which results in Team Rocket to get involved.

- Score one to Clefable for damage limitation when it comes to the other 19 Meltan. (Of course, the machines will have to be repaired come SM114)

- RIP Team Rocket's plan to sell their combee doughnuts when their van breaks down. Sure they were able to repair it with Meltan's fallen nut, but it was too late as everyone was inside the cinema by the time they got there.

- Eventually Rowlet/Meltan encounter Team Rocket, and a fight ensues, with Rowlet defending its new friend

- When Meltan defends Rowlet and attacks Team Rocket, Bewear shows up with Stufful and the jabroni carries the van with no effort whilst the Stufful sits in the driver's seat (for no reason)

- Back at the school, Clefable has tamed the other Rowlet and when the 20th Meltan reunites with them, it'd rather stay with Rowlet, thus Vera decided to capture it

- As long as it doesn't use a Z-move, then it's fine

Hmmm... You think for the Alola League, Ash will pull a Sinnoh?

I think it would be interesting to for Lana to meet Ash's Kingler, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel, and Oshawott. I would've included Greninja but... you know...

Mallow can meet Ash's Bulbasaur, Bayleef, Sceptile, Torterra and Snivy and Leavanny.

I doubt threre are any pokemon Sophocles would want to meet, but I'm sure Kiawe would want to meet Ash's Charizard, Tauros, Quilava, Torkoal, Infernape, Pignite and Talonflame. And Lillie might be interested in meeting Ash's Glalie.

Hmmm... You think for the Alola League, Ash will pull a Sinnoh?

I think it would be interesting to for Lana to meet Ash's Kingler, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel, and Oshawott. I would've included Greninja but... you know...

Mallow can meet Ash's Bulbasaur, Bayleef, Sceptile, Torterra and Snivy and Leavanny.

I doubt threre are any pokemon Sophocles would want to meet, but I'm sure Kiawe would want to meet Ash's Charizard, Tauros, Quilava, Torkoal, Infernape, Pignite and Talonflame. And Lillie might be interested in meeting Ash's Glalie.

If Ash somehow gets a full team, or if the league doesn't incorporate full battles, then reserves aren't needed.

Though on the full team thing, people on Serebii have been saying that they want Poipole to return for the league, but personally I'd rather it didn't happen on a storytelling standpoint.

If Ash somehow gets a full team, or if the league doesn't incorporate full battles, then reserves aren't needed.

Though on the full team thing, people on Serebii have been saying that they want Poipole to return for the league, but personally I'd rather it didn't happen on a storytelling standpoint.

Agree there, but usually Ash has a well balanced team, including a grass, fire and water type. This series is almost over, and Ash doesn't have an Alolan water type.

On another note, I was browsing a Serebii thread on what could happen after the league and someone said that Ash could give up his Z-Ring and tbph, I can see this happening so that he can start out fresh, like Alain did in XY.

He'll probably keep it with his other mementos, like all 48 of his badges, all seven of his battle frontier symbols, and his Orange Island Championship trophy.

He'll probably keep it with his other mementos, like all 48 of his badges, all seven of his battle frontier symbols, and his Orange Island Championship trophy.

Maybe, but I could see him leave it in Alola as well, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened tbf.

EDIT:

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM113]

- At the TV Station (aka the answer to the piss easy question), Sophocoles enters a quiz show, but loses to a kid with a Pikpek

- As the group is about to leave, Rotom sees the producer of the detective program, who takes them outside to see a drama being filmed

- The group see a star acting Magikarp, who naturally Vera had never heard of and Kiawe educates him and mentions that his sister is a fan

- As the scene is being filmed the Magikarp shows signs of evolution and after a short break evolves into Gyarados and goes on a rampage. Of course its manager wasn't aware it was nearing evolution

- The producer gets word that a trio of actors are stuck in Sinnoh due to a Abomasnow and Froslass and improvises by creating a magical girl series starring Lillie, Lana and Mallow.

- As the producer walks off with the girls, Vera says he wants to be on TV as well (in a capacity that doesn't involve a live news report like in Kalos?  Kappa  )

- Team Rocket show up for an audition (because of course Jessie wants to show her "non-existent" acting prowess) and end up getting bit parts as cannon fodder for Gyarados

- Gyarados stops rampaging when it approaches the producer who decides to make it an action villain. (So it went from romance star to action villain)

- Of course, it wouldn't be a magical girl series without an overly long transformation sequence

- In the post-credits scene, Meowth gets a call saying that Team Rocket has been asked to appear in another program... as cannon fodder (because they're so good at that, with 20 years' experience  Kappa  )

- All in all, I'd say that this episode is more or less skippable

Maybe, but I could see him leave it in Alola as well, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened tbf.

EDIT:

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM113]

- At the TV Station (aka the answer to the piss easy question), Sophocoles enters a quiz show, but loses to a kid with a Pikpek

- As the group is about to leave, Rotom sees the producer of the detective program, who takes them outside to see a drama being filmed

- The group see a star acting Magikarp, who naturally Vera had never heard of and Kiawe educates him and mentions that his sister is a fan

- As the scene is being filmed the Magikarp shows signs of evolution and after a short break evolves into Gyarados and goes on a rampage. Of course its manager wasn't aware it was nearing evolution

- The producer gets word that a trio of actors are stuck in Sinnoh due to a Abomasnow and Froslass and improvises by creating a magical girl series starring Lillie, Lana and Mallow.

- As the producer walks off with the girls, Vera says he wants to be on TV as well (in a capacity that doesn't involve a live news report like in Kalos?  Kappa  )

- Team Rocket show up for an audition (because of course Jessie wants to show her "non-existent" acting prowess) and end up getting bit parts as cannon fodder for Gyarados

- Gyarados stops rampaging when it approaches the producer who decides to make it an action villain. (So it went from romance star to action villain)

- Of course, it wouldn't be a magical girl series without an overly long transformation sequence

- In the post-credits scene, Meowth gets a call saying that Team Rocket has been asked to appear in another program... as cannon fodder (because they're so good at that, with 20 years' experience  Kappa  )

- All in all, I'd say that this episode is more or less skippable

[spoiler ahem]

To make matters worse, they parody Precure.

[spoiler Next time]

Saw the preview trailer and HOLY CRUD IS PHEREMOSA FAST!

[spoiler=Also]

To make matters worse, they parody Pretty Cure.

[spoiler=Response]

That fact didn't really bother me tbf (Pretty Cure is a series that I know little about)

[spoiler Next time]

Saw the preview trailer and HOLY CRUD IS PHEREMOSA FAST!

[spoiler=Response]

Of course it's fast, it has base 151 speed

[spoiler=Response]

That fact didn't really bother me tbf (Pretty Cure is a series that I know little about)

[spoiler=Response]

Of course it's fast, it has base 151 speed

Check out Azenzone's channel. You need Pretty Cure, knowledge, he's your guy.

Yup, and what it lacks in Defense it makes up for with offense, but one peck from Rowlet and it probably goes down like a twig.

Check out Azenzone's channel. You need Pretty Cure, knowledge, he's your guy.

If I ever want said knowledge, I may check it out, but it'll likely be low priority as I'm not in a hurry. Though I'll likely not do it at all, as in it's 100% not happening.

Yup, and what it lacks in Defence it makes up for with offence, but one peck from Rowlet and it probably goes down like a twig.

I did the calculations and technically one Peck from Rowlet wouldn't be enough. Pheromosa still has the advantage, but as it stands it's irrelevant as from the info currently known, Rowlet isn't going to be in the episode.

If I ever want said knowledge, I may check it out, but it'll likely be low priority as I'm not in a hurry. Though I'll likely not do it at all

I did the calculations and technically one Peck from Rowlet wouldn't be enough. Pheromosa still has the advantage, but as it stands it's irrelevant as from the info currently known, Rowlet isn't going to be in the episode.

When you have time...

Okay, still considering Pheremosa's typing, a Flying-type move, if powerful enough, will take it out in one hit. Kinda like when Heracross uses Megahorn on Alakazam.

And with Gen 8 coming soon, goodbye seeing Ash's Alolan friends in a movie.

Okay, still considering Pheremosa's typing, a Flying-type move, if powerful enough, will take it out in one hit. Kinda like when Heracross uses Megahorn on Alakazam.

Generally speaking, yes

And with Gen 8 coming soon, goodbye seeing Ash's Alolan friends in a movie.

To be fair, with the direction the series was going to go I didn't think we were going to see a movie with the Alola cast.

Generally speaking, yes

To be fair, with the direction the series was going to go I didn't think we were going to see a movie with the Alola cast.

[spoiler well]

The last of the Ultra Beasts, Pheromosa, has made herself known.

I kinda thought she would use her pheromones to control the people of Alola, but nope, she just steals Z crystals cause they're pwetty.

That wraps up the Ultra Beasts, next up is... wait... Didn't we get an episode with Kartana yet?

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM114]

- In the middle of the night, the answer to the piss easy question appears in Alola and finds itself by Hala's doorstep whilst he's fiddling about with Z-Rings. (Meanwhile the Ultra Guardians, sans Gladion gets an emergency dispatch order)
- After it beats Hariyama, the UB thinks it is a Zelda game and walks into Hala's place to steal his Z-crystal and buggers off just as the Ultra Guardians arrive
- The next morning, the sleepy sheepy class get another order from Aether and immediately go into awake-mode where Lusamine explains that more people have had their crystals stolen (including Hiroki, Kagetora and Pikarla)
- It's nice to see the other 19 Meltan act as assistants (and Vera's has a sticker on it in the base for some reason)
- Meanwhile Pheromosa waltzes by TR's hideout and steals their Z-crystals whilst Meowth falls in love with it and runs after it (Which is utter BS as Pheromosa is genderless). Bewear turns up to see what went down
- I like that they showed where Pheromosa keeps the Z-crystals, though if one were to try and take them from said place, they'd be put on the sex offenders register lickety-split
- Trying to impress Pheromosa, Meowth takes on a dumb appearance and lures the Ultra Guardians and have them try and use Z-moves only for Pheromosa to steal Vera's Electrium-Z
- James points out that Meowth tends to fall in love a lot (like with Meowzee, the Purrloin that turned out to be a bloke and Glameow) and when they find Meowth, James and Wobbuffet laughs at Meowth's appearance and Jessie points out how messed up it is (She's not wrong, Pheromosa is genderles)
- At the base, Faba demonstrates his new invention and gets stuck in it for the rest of the episode (It took Wicke to suggest taking his clothes off to get free)
- The trap ultimately fails as Meowth gets stuck which Pheromosa uses as a stepping stone to get the crystals.
- When Meowth realises he got used, I somehow predicted that the violin BG music would play
- After Pheromosa beats up literally all the pokemon, Bewear shows up and gets pissed after seeing what has gone down. And of course, since Bewear is Miss Illogical, of course it'd stand toe to toe with Pheromosa and defeats it. (Reminds me of when it took on Buzzwole
- The Ultra Guardians get Pheromosa (with Kiawe being a buzzkill saying that they owe it to Bewear), release it back to its world (not before Pheromosa stick its tongue out at them) and return the crystals to their owners.

[spoiler maybe]

Maybe it'll make an appearance during the Alola League.

[spoiler=Response]

I doubt it. It'll be in its own episode

Archived