- Acerola offers to take Ash to the ruins via ride Mudsdale (It is needed to get through route 12 after all)
- In the desert, Rowlet falls out of Ash's bag, at least Poipole saves it.
- Upon reaching the ruins, Ash is shocked to find out that to get to Tapu Bulu, he needs to climb to the top of a cliff. I did enjoy Ash racing up when everyone else overtook him. Acerola is such a great climber though.
- Random shots of a Trapinch and Sandile in the episode are random.
- Mirroring its dex entry, Tapu Bulu is portrayed as a lazy 'mon and initially refused to train Ash, until Poipole did its thing again, but this simply prompted Tapu Bulu to do stuff with vegetation.
- I didn't expect Rowlet to learn a new move tbph. It was able to learn Razor Leaf after spending a few moments under the magical influence of said tree
- Meanwhile when Team Rocket retreated to a cave, Meowth remarks that they have been relaxing easily in certain places. Anywho, Mimikyu taught Jessie the pose that is needed to use its Z-Move
- I'd say Tapu Bulu was a dick, pushing Lycanroc into the rain where it'd get wet/muddy, but it was necessary for its development. Ash got Lycanroc to remember the good times they had playing in the rain/mud when it was a Rockruff, and this eventually calmed it down, and it was then that Tapu Bulu decided to battle.
- During the battle, I liked the fact that Tapu Bulu used a tree as a weapon (and to test if Lycanroc had gotten over its habit to go berserk when wet/muddy). Also Lycanroc learned Stone Edge, further cementing that Ash will get Lycanium-Z soon.
- Oh and the current opening was used as an insert song for the 3rd time in 5 episodes.
All in all, this was a decent development episode for Lycanroc, overcoming its issues and the resolution was well-handled as well
It appears that Ash's battle against Team Rocket is part of Nanu's trial.
Also as expected (shown in the preview), Bewear finds out about the decoys. Hopefully it doesn't interrupt the battle given it's part of the trial set up by Nanu.