Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts
  • Alias:Shradow

HYMXZ0QWB5SR1487785817002.jpg

The game's pretty darn popular and I feel like enough people here play it, I'm surprised we don't have a topic about this. So here you go, we can talk about different cards and decks, maybe set up some friendly games, whatever.

Un'Goro has launched! View all the cards here!

jLpBUMz.gif

3DS FC: 0748-6486-2145

NNID: Shradow

PSN: Ragaror

Berkut

Berkut

Rinea

• Performa✩Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,359 posts
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie
We do have a topic. But it's in other TCG, because it IS a card game.

EDIT: Rather, we have expansion discussions. Though stuff for HS still goes in OTCG.

So moving this as a hub topic.

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

Ok, that's fair. We'd have small discussion topics whenever a new adventure/expansion came out but they'd always die out relatively quickly, and I wanted to make a thread for general discussion and other things that could be a bit more long-lasting. Thanks for the sticky.

jLpBUMz.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 22,980 posts
Making this a sticky was a good move. The game is super popular and having a general discussion in an easy to find place seems right.

Anyway, I picked it up a couple months ago. Wanted to make a C'thun Druid deck since it seemed easy enough to make. I then played a ton until I had something resembling a reasonable deck and have kind of stopped playing. I should probably get back into it at some point, since the game is fun. But, o dear lord, the RNG. Game has too much RNG.
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Cranidos, HA Snover, HA Burmy and/or Shaymin in Gen 6 I'd be your best friend forever.

FC: 0989-1906-1912

sept_p10_02_4jkg1.jpgvqhz4l.jpg
charizard-megay.gifNw_Easter_Event9.png006-m.png

Brinolovania

Brinolovania

Tibbers~

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,110 posts

The RNG is dumb sometimes, but I like it generally. You get some good, quality shenanigans going on in most games. A lot of the time it spices up a match a bit but doesn't affect the outcome much. That said, I do understand how people get frustrated when a game IS decided by pure RNG. Even then, though, I don't usually mind if something really silly makes me lose. I don't think I've ever been salty about losing to Yogg, for instance, because the guy is too fun to get mad about.

But yeah from a strictly competitive point of view, the RNG is something of an issue.

On a side note, I hope this discussion being stickied means it will actually stick around. HS discussions always seem to die around here.

Posted Image

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

So what sort of decks has everyone tried out since Karazhan? I've done Beast Druid, Discard Zoolock, Resurrect Priest, and Dragon Paladin mostly.

EDIT: In particular I'm having the most fun with my Dragon Paladin deck. The value of Brann with most of the Battlecries is so good. Currently 12-3 with it.

q0xnJHD.png

(Also this was my first time uploading a screenshot from HDT, it's really convenient.)

jLpBUMz.gif

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

So I just decided to go buy the Welcome Bundle, it's a great deal with 10 packs for $5 and I actually did get Velen for the random class Legendary, which is one I didn't have so that's nice.

jLpBUMz.gif

PDeegz

PDeegz

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,545 posts
  • Alias:iHop

Yeah, the value on that is insane. I kinda wanted Velen too since I have all the rest but ended up getting Jaraxxus, so meh. 10 packs and 400 dust for £4 is still just so good though.

giancarlohr1.gif

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

It's a shame there's such a negative stigma about Shaman right now, I'm having lots of fun with a Totem Shaman deck. I never thought I'd be playing Totemic Might unironically, the card's actually super useful now.

jLpBUMz.gif

Kokohru

Kokohru

Curse it. All of it.

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,092 posts
  • Alias:Koko
http://www.hearthpwn...s-shaman-hunter

Rockbiter Weapon now costs 2 mana (Up from 1)
Tuskarr Totemic can now only summon Basic totems (the same ones from your hero power)
Call of the Wild now costs 9 mana (Up from 8)
Execute now costs 2 mana (Up from 1)
Charge's mana cost has been lowered to 1 (Down from 3) but the minion it is applied to cannot attack a hero that turn.
Abusive Sergeant's now has 1 attack (Down from 2)
Yogg-Saron, Hope's End will now stop casting spells if he is destroyed, silenced, transformed, or returned to the owner's hand.

.Rai

.Rai

시바견

• Eternal Memory
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,832 posts
omg these are genuinely good changes

VYJQkYl.gif

PDeegz

PDeegz

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,545 posts

Blizzard actually did things! Plus, they're all really good changes.

giancarlohr1.gif

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

Yogg's could still be kinda good, I think, but I might still DE him for full dust. The Overload thing is unnecessary, I feel. Rockbiter, though, didn't see that coming, but I imagine they did it because of Doomhammer. Tuskarr's still usable (and now he has a higher chance of summoning spell damage, yay Spirit Claws) and the Charge change means those annoying OTK Worgen decks are gone.

I like these changes. I don't think anything got overnerfed, it's like they finally learned their lesson from Knife Juggler. 

EDIT: Dat text fix on the Abusive Sergeant. So good.

jLpBUMz.gif

Brinolovania

Brinolovania

Tibbers~

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,110 posts

Pretty much fine, but I really really wish they'd just banned Yogg from tournaments instead of nerfing him. I have homework to do now but I'll probably come back later to rant about why.

Posted Image

PDeegz

PDeegz

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,545 posts

I'm really glad they didn't ban him from tournaments. I find it incredibly frustrating to lose to Yogg on ladder, especially when ladder is what helps you qualify for the biggest tournament of them all.

giancarlohr1.gif

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

I barely play Hunter, so while it's kind of insane to do so since it's still a good card that will continue to be played, I might actually DE my Call of the Wilds too.

EDIT: People have been doing the math and the chance for Yogg to remove himself in some fashion isn't nearly as bad as I thought. I wonder if he'll still get played at tournaments. I'm sure at least some people will attempt it.

jLpBUMz.gif

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

http://us.battle.net...rwind-9-30-2016

Hopefully you live in one of the countries Twitch Prime is available in. I ended up just making a new Amazon account for the Prime free trial in order to get mine.

EDIT: If you're not in the right country, follow this guide: https://www.reddit.c..._200_countries/

jLpBUMz.gif

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

Definitely too rich for my blood, gotta save gold for the next expansion that's getting announced Nov 4th, but this is a pretty neat idea. Probably gonna be nonstop Shamans, though: http://us.battle.net...rawl-10-17-2016

EDIT: Yeah, definitely not doing it. You'd need to go about 6 wins to break even, and the rewards are too heavily weighted at the top end for my taste.

neKpOl9.jpg?1

jLpBUMz.gif

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,301 posts

Check this out if you want to earn up to 6 free packs: http://us.battle.net...ampion-10-20-16

jLpBUMz.gif

PDeegz

PDeegz

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,545 posts

I'm well up for Heroic Brawl, I fancy myself to do alright and being an ex-Ygo player I live for swiss formats.

As for the predictions, I think it's an awesome way of getting people to interact with the tournament scene. Thijs all the way.

giancarlohr1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users