Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,686 posts
  • Alias:Shradow

logo-eb3810cd1e015b38f05ef66fa2545dabd4c

The game's pretty darn popular and I feel like enough people here play it, I'm surprised we don't have a topic about this. So here you go, we can talk about different cards and decks, maybe set up some friendly games, whatever.

Kobolds & Catacombs is the upcoming expansion! View all the currently revealed cards here!

jLpBUMz.gif

3DS FC: 0748-6486-2145

NNID: Shradow

PSN: Ragaror

BattleTag: Shradow#1617

Black

Black

Paradox

• Performa✩Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,685 posts
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie
We do have a topic. But it's in other TCG, because it IS a card game.

EDIT: Rather, we have expansion discussions. Though stuff for HS still goes in OTCG.

So moving this as a hub topic.

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,686 posts

Ok, that's fair. We'd have small discussion topics whenever a new adventure/expansion came out but they'd always die out relatively quickly, and I wanted to make a thread for general discussion and other things that could be a bit more long-lasting. Thanks for the sticky.

jLpBUMz.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

The one constant on YCM

• Super Moderators
  • 23,263 posts
Making this a sticky was a good move. The game is super popular and having a general discussion in an easy to find place seems right.

Anyway, I picked it up a couple months ago. Wanted to make a C'thun Druid deck since it seemed easy enough to make. I then played a ton until I had something resembling a reasonable deck and have kind of stopped playing. I should probably get back into it at some point, since the game is fun. But, o dear lord, the RNG. Game has too much RNG.
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Cranidos, HA Snover, HA Burmy and/or Shaymin in Gen 6 I'd be your best friend forever.

FC: 0989-1906-1912

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brinolovania

Brinolovania

Tibbers~

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,135 posts

The RNG is dumb sometimes, but I like it generally. You get some good, quality shenanigans going on in most games. A lot of the time it spices up a match a bit but doesn't affect the outcome much. That said, I do understand how people get frustrated when a game IS decided by pure RNG. Even then, though, I don't usually mind if something really silly makes me lose. I don't think I've ever been salty about losing to Yogg, for instance, because the guy is too fun to get mad about.

But yeah from a strictly competitive point of view, the RNG is something of an issue.

On a side note, I hope this discussion being stickied means it will actually stick around. HS discussions always seem to die around here.

Posted Image

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,686 posts

So what sort of decks has everyone tried out since Karazhan? I've done Beast Druid, Discard Zoolock, Resurrect Priest, and Dragon Paladin mostly.

EDIT: In particular I'm having the most fun with my Dragon Paladin deck. The value of Brann with most of the Battlecries is so good. Currently 12-3 with it.

q0xnJHD.png

(Also this was my first time uploading a screenshot from HDT, it's really convenient.)

jLpBUMz.gif

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,686 posts

So I just decided to go buy the Welcome Bundle, it's a great deal with 10 packs for $5 and I actually did get Velen for the random class Legendary, which is one I didn't have so that's nice.

jLpBUMz.gif

PDeegz

PDeegz

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,548 posts
  • Alias:iHop

Yeah, the value on that is insane. I kinda wanted Velen too since I have all the rest but ended up getting Jaraxxus, so meh. 10 packs and 400 dust for £4 is still just so good though.

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,686 posts

It's a shame there's such a negative stigma about Shaman right now, I'm having lots of fun with a Totem Shaman deck. I never thought I'd be playing Totemic Might unironically, the card's actually super useful now.

jLpBUMz.gif

Ceres of the Night

Ceres of the Night

How uncultured

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,092 posts
  • Alias:Koko
http://www.hearthpwn...s-shaman-hunter

Rockbiter Weapon now costs 2 mana (Up from 1)
Tuskarr Totemic can now only summon Basic totems (the same ones from your hero power)
Call of the Wild now costs 9 mana (Up from 8)
Execute now costs 2 mana (Up from 1)
Charge's mana cost has been lowered to 1 (Down from 3) but the minion it is applied to cannot attack a hero that turn.
Abusive Sergeant's now has 1 attack (Down from 2)
Yogg-Saron, Hope's End will now stop casting spells if he is destroyed, silenced, transformed, or returned to the owner's hand.

.Rai

.Rai

시바견

• Eternal Memory
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,832 posts
omg these are genuinely good changes

VYJQkYl.gif

PDeegz

PDeegz

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,548 posts

Blizzard actually did things! Plus, they're all really good changes.

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,686 posts

Yogg's could still be kinda good, I think, but I might still DE him for full dust. The Overload thing is unnecessary, I feel. Rockbiter, though, didn't see that coming, but I imagine they did it because of Doomhammer. Tuskarr's still usable (and now he has a higher chance of summoning spell damage, yay Spirit Claws) and the Charge change means those annoying OTK Worgen decks are gone.

I like these changes. I don't think anything got overnerfed, it's like they finally learned their lesson from Knife Juggler. 

EDIT: Dat text fix on the Abusive Sergeant. So good.

jLpBUMz.gif

Brinolovania

Brinolovania

Tibbers~

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,135 posts

Pretty much fine, but I really really wish they'd just banned Yogg from tournaments instead of nerfing him. I have homework to do now but I'll probably come back later to rant about why.

Posted Image

PDeegz

PDeegz

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,548 posts

I'm really glad they didn't ban him from tournaments. I find it incredibly frustrating to lose to Yogg on ladder, especially when ladder is what helps you qualify for the biggest tournament of them all.

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,686 posts

I barely play Hunter, so while it's kind of insane to do so since it's still a good card that will continue to be played, I might actually DE my Call of the Wilds too.

EDIT: People have been doing the math and the chance for Yogg to remove himself in some fashion isn't nearly as bad as I thought. I wonder if he'll still get played at tournaments. I'm sure at least some people will attempt it.

jLpBUMz.gif

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,686 posts

http://us.battle.net...rwind-9-30-2016

Hopefully you live in one of the countries Twitch Prime is available in. I ended up just making a new Amazon account for the Prime free trial in order to get mine.

EDIT: If you're not in the right country, follow this guide: https://www.reddit.c..._200_countries/

jLpBUMz.gif

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,686 posts

Definitely too rich for my blood, gotta save gold for the next expansion that's getting announced Nov 4th, but this is a pretty neat idea. Probably gonna be nonstop Shamans, though: http://us.battle.net...rawl-10-17-2016

EDIT: Yeah, definitely not doing it. You'd need to go about 6 wins to break even, and the rewards are too heavily weighted at the top end for my taste.

neKpOl9.jpg?1

jLpBUMz.gif

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,686 posts

Check this out if you want to earn up to 6 free packs: http://us.battle.net...ampion-10-20-16

jLpBUMz.gif

PDeegz

PDeegz

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,548 posts

I'm well up for Heroic Brawl, I fancy myself to do alright and being an ex-Ygo player I live for swiss formats.

As for the predictions, I think it's an awesome way of getting people to interact with the tournament scene. Thijs all the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users