Hearthstone

Shradow

So the packs for quest event starts in NA soon, anyone happen to have the 80g play a friend quest? If that is done both players get a pack, though it can not actually be gotten during this event and you have to have already had it in your quest log.

Also, so far from the Asia and EU servers already having the event, it seems like you get a random pack followed by a WW pack followed by another random pack if you complete multiple quests in one day.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you need someone to do 80g quests with? Depending on what server you're on I'm sure someone here could help.

Also I love how Nightmare Amalgamation has all the different body parts corresponding to the different tribes, except for pirate which is just it wearing a pirate hat and eyepatch. I kinda want to craft two golden ones once the expansion hits...

I have no idea how I feel about Gofrey. Like he will often clear the board since this is a double Defile and that is already really strong, but it just doesn't feel exciting.

The Wasp looks pretty ok. 1 attack on a charge minion can pick off a lot of things, but it is still underwhelming.

Hunt seems pretty strong.

Really like the dog. A fair bit like unleash, and you trade face attacks for easier time trading.

So the second day of the quest pack event has started in Asia and evidence is pointing to WW packs just being on an interval, it's not any sort of reset based on day. In that case it doesn't matter how you ration your quests, there's no way to game the system into getting more WW packs. Seems like it's Random > WW > Random > Random > WW so far based on what people are saying. Could be that WW packs are at the 2nd, 5th, 9th, and 14th quests, which would line up with the 2 week event.

For what it's worth, Prep -> WANTED! is a pretty sick combo that sets up for more combo potential (Prep -> WANTED! -> Coin -> Edwin on turn 3 is an example) or simple adds a coin while removing something for 1 mana, assuming your opponent has a minion with 3 health or less. I think WANTED! will see play, at least at first during experimentation. It's a cool card, although I would of liked to see it do 4 damage instead of 3

Clockwork Automaton is neat. One combo that you can do is Automaton + Prince 3 + Rag Hero Power (via Warrior Quest) to get a 32 damage hero power, which is an OTK if you manage to clear the board. Will have to see if that'll actually be a deck though - not having Stonehill and Tar Creeper really sucks for Taunt Warrior.

EDIT: we also have this wormy boi

1d7464aa-007a-4d14-899f-9974f53b94ee.png

New Warrior Legendary:

JmKL3ij.jpg?1

Darius Crowley

Rush. Whenever this attacks and kills a minion, gain +2/+2.

Not terrible but kinda boring and probably could've been made a bit less conservative in its cost or stats. Could make for some neat combos, though, we'll have to see.

EDIT: Got some pretty good quests today.

2KU3VC6.png?1

New Hunter Legendary and neutral card:

1jcGzlcCcMb8TxaacK52n-UhSRowRJk42lanQwu1jypYBg9.png?1

Ravencaller is meh but Emeriss just looks so cool. I don't know if it'll see play at all but I like the look of it. Maybe with Scaleworm and Nightmare Amalgamation and maybe other stuff, Blizz is starting a Dragon Hunter archtype lol.

Also Godfrey's animation looks sick: https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/979315745443246081

Dragon Hunter baybee! Honestly Dragon Hunter can be fun, although with the dragon stuff that's rotating out (Curator being a big piece of that deck) I don't think a full-on Dragon Hunter deck will be viable (not like it was before, but still).

Regardless of that archetype, I love Emeriss although I doubt it'll be good. It's hard to ignore how big it can make things, although it feels a bit late considering all the hand buff stuff is rotating out. tbh this is what Don Hancho should of been imo

New Paladin and Rogue cards:

8ItJDrR.pngsLZvMnJ.png

Sound the Bells! seems kinda eh, though there are obvious synergies with a few cards like the Quest, Voraxx, and Lynessa. I quite like Cheap Shot, though. I wonder if it'll cause Sherazin to make a comeback, and of course it's good with Auctioneer. It's just the spell equivalent of Hunting Mastiff, basically.

yeah Bell is Divine Strength for 1 more mana and Echo. Not too keen on that one, although it's an obvious fit for Quest Paladin. Don't think it's good enough to make that a high tier deck, but it does help you complete the quest quickly.

Cheap Shot is neat for a control Rogue and maaaaaaaaybe Miracle, but I don't think it'll make the cut in most deck. 

New Warrior Legendary:

xL2NVWL.png

I like this one. Obviously terrible in any class that's not Warrior, but this looks fun at the very least. This on turn 7 followed by 4 casts of Warpath on turn 8 perhaps? Maybe summon it alongside Animated Berserker + Armorsmith from Master Oakheart? I love the flavor, too, the fact it's just a legendary building is great.

it's interesting to say the least. Giving it Taunt with like Argus or something could be neat, but in general this has some good synergy with Warrior stuff. You can do some stupid stuff with Warpath, assuming this survives on the board for a turn which it might. Seems like something you'd want to cheat out with Recruit though rather than casting for 7 mana, as it is kind of a 7 mana do nothing card. It's a neat card for sure though.

EDIT: Two new cards

fae086c6-9796-4e31-a763-f465e2e61e68.png13219ad4-5eac-4f55-9348-acb26be317f5.png

I think Cursed Castaway is better than people are giving it credit for, and I Lady in White is overrated although not bad. 

Archived