Hearthstone

Shradow

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well we missing a lot of info apparently:

1) http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20372477/secrets-of-the-jade-lotus-11-21-2016

Jade Golems for Jade Lotus faction...kinda like Cthun (permanent buff wise) but you can played it over and over again.

2 - recap) https://www.facebook.com/138632246347251/photos/?tab=album&album_id=555645174645954

I have edited the thread to remove the "Heroes of Warcraft" subtitle, as it has also been removed from the game. I imagine this is because Blizzard wants to officially step away a bit from the Warcraft universe to have a bit more freedom of creativity with cards and themes, like how recent expansions/adventures have had a lot of original content.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20475356

They're actually gonna do it, I'm gonna miss my Azure Drake, Rag, and Sylvanas. At least I'll get a lot of dust since my Sylvanas is gold. And I'll go ahead and craft golden Azure Drakes since I'll be getting the dust back for those and so I'll essentially be getting free golden cards. Don't have the dust to do gold Rag, though.

Maiev Shadowsong is cool, too. Glad she'll be easy to get.

By a weird coincidence I just so happen to have 2 gold Ice Lance, 2 gold Conceal and 1 gold PO and 1 gold Drake so I have a fair bit of dust heading my way. Awesome changes overall, PO, Conceal and Rag in particular are terrible for the game, plus I love that there'll be 3 full expansions this year.

edit: I should mention this too

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/5u1ues/upcoming_balance_and_ranked_play_changes/

neat nerfs

3x expansions is beyond funking hype, glad they've realized that adventures have only been making the game stagnant. 

Rip wallets though, hope they do something to make it less overwhelming. They did mention that we'd have some adventure-like content accompanying the set releases, probably a perfect opportunity to give out free packs. 

I just don't see the average person buying the 120 or so packs needed to get a good majority of the cards three times per year. 

3x expansions is beyond f***ing hype, glad they've realized that adventures have only been making the game stagnant. 

Rip wallets though, hope they do something to make it less overwhelming. They did mention that we'd have some adventure-like content accompanying the set releases, probably a perfect opportunity to give out free packs. 

I just don't see the average person buying the 120 or so packs needed to get a good majority of the cards three times per year. 

Bad ones do. Explorers was a great adventure and added some great stuff to the game. You cant compare garbage like Karazhan to it. This will squeeze out more f2p users, and make the game more expensive though.

There was a post on reddit recently about this but I think making epics cheaper (or just making fewer of them) would be good. It's bad enough spending 1600 a pop on legendaries without having to spend 800 for a set of epics too. That said, I've spent enough on this game to never have to really worry about cards ever again, so I'm hyped as funk that they're just releasing more content.

So there's been a leak about something that's to be announced later today.

CZL3glU.png

It's hard to see but it's a 5 mana 8/8 with Taunt and a Battlecry that sets your health to 40. Now, this is obviously super OP, but it's part of a new game mechanic called Quest. The card itself is not attainable normally, you get it and can then play it once you complete a quest in the middle of a game (think of V-07-TR-0N, and consider needing all the mechs on the board as his "quest"). What the quest is I'm not sure, but with an effect like that it's obviously gotta be relatively difficult. I wonder what other cards will have this mechanic and what their quests will be.

Now I think that's a super funking cool game mechanic right there.

So to those who don't know, shortly after the Un'Goro announcement, there was a reddit thread petitioning for Brode to sing a song since this cinematic didn't have one. And well...

It's actually really good, it has nice flow and I like the lyrics. A bit slow, though, I prefer 1.25x speed while others swear by 1.5x speed. Either way, it's so cool that he actually did this.

• 3 weeks later...

So earlier there was a Hearthstone stream that revealed some Journey to Un'Goro cards which you can watch here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/129436723

You can also simply see a spreadsheet from the subreddit that will always be updated with cards as they are revealed:  https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/5wiqc7/the_undiscovered_prerelease_reveal_chart_all/

• 2 weeks later...

So, now that Un'Goro is out (unless you're EU, rip EU), what have you guys been doing? I've been running nothing but Murloc Shaman, and if I hadn't done the majority of the games in casual just to be safe while I was testing out the deck, I'd be a much higher rank because right now I'm 27-8 with it. It's so fun and the new additions are so great for the archtype.

91zfrmq.png

After not getting much of anything I wanted (Warrior Quest is cool but not exactly something I was looking forward to), I started laddering with a rather budget friendly Egg Druid deck and it's surprisingly really good.

[spoiler=Deck List]

ErdM6ee.png

The Mire Keeper is a placeholder since I currently don't have another Eggnapper but this deck is really fun to play. I haven't kept an exact w/l ratio but I've been able to ladder with it so that's something.

Archived