Hearthstone

Shradow

Maybe one day Discolock will actually be good so I can use Clutchmother.

And it's better if the commons/rares are better than the epics/legendaries, it's cheaper that way. Un'Goro had too many very good epics for my tastes. Shelling out 1600 dust for a single Legendary doesn't feel as bad as having to put in 800 for two epics, imo.

Agree the lower number of good legendaries and epics is good. I actually MUCH prefer crafting Epics to Legendaries. For the price of 1 legendary you get 4 epics.

I feel Un'Goro had a nice range across all rarities. 6/23 legendaries (5/23 now), 10/27 epics, 13/36 rares, and 15/49 commons. That is ignoring a bunch of cards that have fringe use too. Un'Goro was a really good set. Curious how Knights will fair when all is said and done.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it's better if the commons/rares are better than the epics/legendaries, it's cheaper that way. Un'Goro had too many very good epics for my tastes. Shelling out 1600 dust for a single Legendary doesn't feel as bad as having to put in 800 for two epics, imo.

I agree completely with this. Shelling out the dust for something like Lyra feels way better than, say, Primordial Drake. So glad to see a lot of good common / rares this set

EDIT: That said, I also agree that Un'Goro has been one of the best sets as of late. Hopefully KotFT can match or surpass it

So some people are saying the guaranteed legendary within the first 10 packs of a set is working even if you've already opened that set before, including wild sets. I bought a handful more MSoG and WotOG packs and got Shaku and WoTOG Mukla, respectively. So it seems to be working for me, at least, and while I'm down to 6675 gold I'd say it's worth it. Though I've seen people report it worked for some sets but not all, or even not work for them completely, so your mileage may vary. Must have to do with what Blizzard did to fix the pity timer bug.

I'm seeing multiple friends opening up Legendaries as well, so they must've heard the news, too.

Apparently golden Legendaries are on separate timers for this thing, too, so if you open a golden Legendary you may want to try opening more packs for that set, and you should get a normal Legendary shortly after.

So wait, if I get 10 Un'Goro packs I should get a legendary? That is actually really sweet and kind of makes the prospect of getting 10 more packs really appealing since I know I can't get 3 of the bad options too. Issue is I only have 400 odd gold so can't really get a ton unless I spend real money. Though $10 plus some gold for a legendary is good imo.

So wait, if I get 10 Un'Goro packs I should get a legendary? That is actually really sweet and kind of makes the prospect of getting 10 more packs really appealing since I know I can't get 3 of the bad options too. Issue is I only have 400 odd gold so can't really get a ton unless I spend real money. Though $10 plus some gold for a legendary is good imo.

It's only the first 10 packs per expansion

Lets roll the dice. I have $11 on iTunes and since I do everything through my phone lets see if I get something. If not I'm out $10 and 300 gold, but w/e.

Got a legendary in my 3rd pack. King Mosh. Didn't spend the 300 gold either since I wanted to see if I could get it in the 7 packs. Now I could have gotten super lucky, but I'm going to say it is indeed bugged.

Other goodies. Gold Tarlord, Gold Bloodbloom, Gold Corrupting Mist, Dinosize, and Stampede.

Dust went from 3910 to 4225 and thats without burning the Bloodbloom, Dinosize, or Stampede. Holding off on dusting cards incase they end up being good come Knights.

This is the best funking pun. Also could be a nice addition into Murloc Shaman, it's a really fun Quest but it's not quite there yet so I like this addition.

636372498709728843.png

It may cost 1 more than Glacial Shard, but having that 1 extra health can mean a lot, and I think the Murloc tag may be more significant than the Elemental tag.

That name is beautiful. Also this should have been one of the first cards spoiled. It is set up for a bunch of what Shaman is doing in the set and without seeing something like this those cards lose context and look worse.

a6c4beec-7b29-462b-ac5b-2f8fb7a02cfe.png

AKA

harmlessoffering.jpgdonate.jpg

Also

a46f631a-f017-4498-ad57-1a9e53d86904.png

I know this enables deathrattles, but this seems pretty bad given that Warlock already has strong removal.

Treachery + Doomsayer seems pretty good.

Unwilling Sacrifice seems fine as cheap removal, since Warlock very often has 1/1s to sack for effects. Some Hunters run Deadly Shot despite being generally an aggressive/midrange class, so I could see this being run in some Warlock decks.

That's super funking cool. There's been so many just straight up cool and unique effects, I'm glad Blizzard isn't playing it safe with this expansion or anything.

EDIT: To be clear, it's been stated that at the end of your turn, the Shadow Reflection goes away if you haven't played it. So you won't be stuck filling your hand with them or anything, and you can only copy and play both if it's 5 mana or less.

Gotta love Jens' editing, and what a value card. This is basically a suped up Kazakus potion, what a powerful effect. It doesn't take long for EZ Big Druids to reach 10 mana, and this is also hilarious in Wild with stuff like Astral Communion.

Gotta love Jens' editing, and what a value card. This is basically a suped up Kazakus potion, what a powerful effect. It doesn't take long for EZ Big Druids to reach 10 mana, and this is also hilarious in Wild with stuff like Astral Communion.

I'd say this is a little weaker compared to Kazakus potions. Of the 4 modes only the draw effect is more powerful. Also, losing the AoE modes is really bad since this won't catch you up very well if you're behind. Cards that specialize in these various modes do these effects better. That being said, it is still powerful.

Well, that's one way to deal with Jade Idol. I think a nerf to Jade Idol would of been a lot cleaner, but whatever. RIP Explore Un'Goro

Murloc draw power is actually pretty neat, since it helps when you run out of steam in that deck. Dunno if its enough to make Muloc Shaman great again, but it is a cute card in that deck.

Also, I got 2k dust for logging in (and other people are reporting the same happening to them). Anyone know anything about that?

You mean 2k dust, not gold, right?

Yes I meant dust lmao, my bad.

It is likely for the people that lost out because of the pity timer bug. I just got on and didn't get anything.

Yeah. It was for people who opened packed during the pity timer and would of gotten their legendary (even got an E-Mail about it a good while later).

rBSkc1w.png?1

I love the art, it looks very clean, but I don't think the card is very good, I'd rather have Deathlord. Paying essentially 6 mana for 10 stats isn't that good, and having 1 mana on turn 4 is terrible. The idea of trying to play this against Priest just makes me sad, too, with SW:Pain, Cabal Shadow Priest, and getting OTKd by Potion of Madness into double Divine Spirit + Inner Fire combos. It'd be fantastic to evolve into it, though.

Archived