Hearthstone

Shradow

I got pretty lucky and got the Shaman, Priest, and Warrior quests which were the ones I wanted the most alongside the Paladin quest which I can just craft if I want to because of all the Hall of Fame dust. But so far I've still only used Murlocs, they're so fun. I'm thinking I'm going to replace the Lightning Storms with Maelstrom Portals, and I need to fit in those 3 mana 2/4 taunt that heal for 3 guys, I've noticed a weakness of my deck is that (mostly against Hunters and Pirate Warriors) is that I can get bursted down too quickly sometimes since I don't have any taunts. I'll probably replace 1 Megasaur, and maybe 1 Grimscale Oracle for them.

Also, I'm really learning to love Coldlight Seer.

http://i.imgur.com/6OkeQkB.png

It's great getting more of them off of Primalfin Lookout or Megafin, and unless you're against a Warrior with Brawl or a Warlock with Twisting Nether/Doom, if you get enough health on your Murlocs your opponent just can't deal with them.

The new cards are just so good, though, they really make the deck possible aside from just the huge refill from Megafin. Rockpool Hunter is just really solid and can help save important Murlocs with the extra health, the Totem helps with the Quest while becoming a high priority target, and the Discover from Lookout helps you not run out of steam while also having huge utility in being able to find stuff like Warleader, Grimscale Oracle, Bluegill, etc. And it's hilarious how often I can clear an entire enemy board by Adapting a full board of ~1/1 Murlocs to be Poisonous with Megasaur.

Also, getting Hydrologist off of Megafin can be pretty great, too. This happened in literally my very first game of Un'Goro, and it happened again a few games later: http://i.imgur.com/Cqzxmqm.png

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murlocs looks pretty fun, I remember wanted to get my hands on the Shaman Quest when it was released. I might craft it at some point, but I don't have any warleaders or Finja so it'll probably be a while before I do.

I think -1 Oracle and -1 Megasaur for 2 of the healing elemental is a good idea for Pirates and Hunters yeah. I'd even go as far as say -2 Oracle instead though, but I'm not 100% sure how good Oracle is in the Deck. I could see Tidal Surge getting replaced for both Storm and Maelstorm, dunno how effective that card has been for you though. Deck looks really fun though! 

I put them in for the more aggressive matchups where it's good for taking out stuff like Pirate Warrior's Frothing Berserker or Hunter's Scavenging Hyena, beyond just general use of course, they've actually been dead draws way less than the Hexes because I don't need to save them for the hugest targets or anything.

Something that seemed funny about Maelstorm is that there's the real possibility of spawning a Murloc with it for the quest.

Holy sheet I'm dumb, how did this not occur to me. That makes too much sense, that's why it's in all the decklists.

And also, it's great against Pirate Warriors and 1-drop Hunters.

So I've been trying to get back into the game with the release of the new set. So I'm curious about disenchanting a bunch of cards I think are pretty crappy. They are Force of Nature, Bitterhide Hydra, Validated Doomsayer, and Tortollan Primalist. I also have golden cards of either medicore things or things I already have two of and am curious if I should dust them as well. Those are Mana Wyrm, Usher of Souls, Mana Wraith, and Emperor Cobra.

Bittertide Hydra is actually really solid in the right decks. It's like Fel Reaver but you don't lose your deck. You best wish your opponent doesn't play Volcano, though. The rest are dust fodder, though, yeah.

And I just dust all non-Legendary gold cards normally, as long as I have two non-golden versions.

How much Hall of Fame dust did you get?

Bittertide Hydra is actually really solid in the right decks. It's like Fel Reaver but you don't lose your deck. You best wish your opponent doesn't play Volcano, though. The rest are dust fodder, though, yeah.

And I just dust all non-Legendary gold cards normally, as long as I have two non-golden versions.

How much Hall of Fame dust did you get?

Not much, just had two Azure Drakes. Sadly I recently decided to buy the welcome package since I realized I could use iTunes money and got 3 more of the commons so blag.

Only have 1135 for dust. I didn't play a ton when I first started and then stopped after the Karazhan stuff came out.

It's interesting how strong the Rogue Quest is, despite pretty much everyone thinking it'd be one of the worst. Turns out they can consistently get the Quest done by turns 4-5, then start churning out 5/5s. Unless you can rush them down or build up a strong board presence by the time they finish the Quest, it kinda sucks to fight against, but I feel like it's more that Charge is being abused than an issue with their Quest. But it's hilarious that Stonetusk Boar is now in the meta.

okay obviously not the best deck....but its actually quite fun to pilot:

C1CVNg5l.jpg

The Synergy here is that the Fire Elemental can provide a handful of critter with not so shabby Stat for its mana cost > which can make hand buff card to be frequently active > and can be drop for decent beater in addition for triggering an elemental play next turn

any suggestion on anything i should add?

Stonehill Defender is pretty great for Paladin because of the increased chance to Discover class cards, and 3/4 Paladin Taunts are good Legendaries, maybe switch them in for the Sunfury Protectors since those seem like an odd inclusion anyways. Also, if you're hand buffing, Shieldbearer is much better than Goldshire Footman, if you're including early drops like that. In general I think you have too many spells for a hand buff deck, I'd at least switch the Hammer of Wraths for Truesilver Champions and cut the A Light in the Darknesses for a couple more minions. Maybe Doppelgangsters or Aldor Peacekeepers? You also don't have any turn 4 minions, maybe cut the Thalnos for a Tol'vir Stoneshaper? And I'm guessing you don't have Wickerflame, Tirion, or Lightlord because otherwise I assume you'd be running them.

EDIT: I just put together a mock decklist real quick as an example of how I might build the deck, assuming I wanted to keep the Elemental synergy.

VQlGi0y.png

I don't have Ragnaros Lightlord either, but if I did I'd probably cut a Doppelgangster for him. Luckily he's an Elemental and a class card, so Servant of Kalimos can Discover him pretty well.

Yeah, I love Stonehill Defender. He's preeeetty good.

I9BFB00.png?1

I used the last of my dust to craft a second Doomsayer, Sunkeeper Tarim, Elise the Trailblazer, and Ragnaros, Lightlord. Been having lots of fun with Paladin now that he's out of the MSoG gutter.

RiZgqfg.png

• 2 months later...

Huge changes that are starting with the next expansion: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20852959/

tl;dr
1) When you open a Legendary it is guaranteed to not be a duplicate of one you already have. This also means you can craft Legendaries without fear of opening the same one later. This applies to golden versions, as well, so you cannot pull a golden legendary if you own it's non-golden version already, and vice versa. If you own every legendary in a certain expansion, future legendary pulls within that expansion will be random.
2) You are guaranteed a Legendary within the first 10 packs of each new expansion.
3) In any individual pack, you will not get more copies of a card than is possible to use in a deck. So you will no longer get 3+ copies of any given common, rare, or epic in a single pack.

I really wish the first changed had happened a little sooner. I own TWO legendary cards from classic and I somehow opened a double of one them.

Still, these are great changes and will make cracking pack for the next set a lot more fun.

Speaking of packs, does anyone know the odds of opening any given thing?

I must be super unlucky. Since Un'Goro dropped I've opened packs at a pretty constant rate of about 5 (4 Un'Goro and 1 Classic) per week (though I did open a couple extra class recently). I've only opened 1 Un'Goro legendary and 2 Classic set legendaries in the total time I've been playing Hearthstone. I hope this means I'll be getting an Un'Goro legendary soon.

I've got 4600 gold right now and I'm still saving towards the next expansion so I haven't opened packs lately, and now I'm gonna start saving any packs I get from stuff like Tavern Brawl or the occasional Arena run until the next expansion drops.

• 2 weeks later...

so its basically to replace adventure we got missions now. i kinda like this since i on the minority that actually enjoy adventure stories. from the way its describe its basically a sure (and free!) path of gaining certain (well albeit mediocre or sightly good) card for the possible deck style that could emerge

Deathknight Rexxar seems meme-level-fun

so far the roster of Lifesteal is not that impresive though

shallow Gravedigger...idk? 3 3/1 kinda weak. and the the deatthralle seems not that strong...i hope im wrong though, and this card is  the Stonehill defender of the expansion

definitely baffled on Keleseth uses      obviously a buff card. and since it buff your hand and deck cards seems good . but i couldn't think of any deck that want its 2 drop completely replaced by this 

Adventures from a player and collector point of view were amazing. For $25 you got the full set which often had a number of powerful and important cards. Missions sound cool (sounds like we'll get some legendaries through it), but adventures are hard to beat in terms of availability.

I like how two of the mechanics in the set are just taking things already in the game and expanding on it. The Deathknight stuff is a lot like Lord Jaraxxus and we've already seen Lifesteal on some cards in the game.

Archived