Digimon Universe Appli Monsters

Is anyone still watching this?

I kinda just binged it to catch up, and I gotta say the filler-esque episodes really took their toll on me. But I watched them regardless for anything they tried to throw in the middle or end. On ep.16 atm and just when I thought this series 90% filler garbage and 10% anything relevant, they gave me Timemon... Dio would be proud...

[spoiler=Pseudo-Spoiler]

571ae95f5afd6f103f6f06ed1c4892d303ac2272

Timemon relished in showing off to them, and he was pretty delightful because of it. Although, frankly if I had the Appli Drive, I'd spend my time testing out different Appli Links to discover new Appli Fusions.

[spoiler=7 CODES!]

Mienumon has really funked up now, considering she basically gift wrapped not one, but two 7 Codes Appmon for the group. I am genuinely curious to see what her Appli Fusion with Sakusimon is though.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree about the seven codes, but if anything they're speeding up collecting them which I appreciate.

Also aren't we missing some episodes (subbed)? Last I saw was about Resshamon, the train appmon, which came out on the 4th...? Also this episodes reminded me a lot of the Granlocomon Movie, almost felt like a homage. 

Also aren't we missing some episodes (subbed)? Last I saw was about Resshamon, the train appmon, which came out on the 4th...? Also this episodes reminded me a lot of the Granlocomon Movie, almost felt like a homage. 

It's not the first time that we've had an upload drought for episodes of this series. Didn't notice that the episode after Resshamon's wasn't uploaded last week.

(Though I've noticed that this has happened for other shows, not necessarily anime as well)

Ep.19 and 20 is out. But 21 isn't yet.  It is now.

[spoiler=Thoughts]I understand Timemon's reasoning, but Dreamon seemed kinda random. Kinda came out of nowhere. Either way Entermon is pretty cool, but Globemon seems pretty broken. It's hard to imagine that they still have 1 more form after this; how do you 1up Globemon??

Reagarding 21, I'm beginning to question the integrity of these Leviathan Servants. For what purpose does stopping Eri from performing a concert have to do with causing "harm" to humanity? Also I was wondering what they'd do with Coachmon, interesting approach. I also had a feeling that Mienumon would swipe the last code Appmon. He was putting it in too slow.

Also since Mienumon probably has little chance against 3 Ultimates even with Sukasimon, perfect time if any for Yuujin to pull a Green Ranger and reveal himself as the antagonist Applidriver.

Also, I just saw the outro for the first time and I've never seen so much Rule 34 ammo from Digimon ever. Also I guess Gohan's Tracksuit must be pretty popular in japan.

[spoiler=Thoughts on 19-21]

Not gonna lie, I got an Adventure 01 vibe from these episodes. It was around this point when Agumon went to Ultimate, though that is merely a coincidence.

I also agree that Dreamon came out of nowhere.

The other instance in which I got Adventure 01 vibes was with Coachmon in 21. By that I mean Coachmon was one of Mienumon's henchmen and was the guy who helped Eri get to Ultimate, much like Myotismon having Kari's crest (which she needed to get Gatomon to Ultimate) and she eventually obtained it after Wizardmon died.

Haru was indeed too slow with inserting the last seven codes. Now that Mienumon has it, it'll be some time before they get it back.

[spoiler=Episode 21]

Maybe it's just me, but have you guys noticed how Haru drops the ball at almost every possible instance? I mean, I know it was a stellar moment and all, but maybe, just maybe Haru, you could have inserted the last Seven Codes chip with greater urgency than a 90 year old trying to get to the damn point. Being completely careless has currently lost him not one (Cameramon), not two (Sakusimin), but three funking Appmon chips to Mienumon now. You'd think he'd freaking wise up at this point considering Coachmon was revealed to be a Leviathan henchman, AND that a Appmon inexplicably got infected right near them. The area was looking too damn Leviathan for him to move at 0.00000001 miles per hour when it came to assembling Dantemon.

[spoiler=Episode 21]

Maybe it's just me, but have you guys noticed how Haru drops the ball at almost every possible instance? I mean, I know it was a stellar moment and all, but maybe, just maybe Haru, you could have inserted the last Seven Codes chip with greater urgency than a 90 year old trying to get to the damn point. Being completely careless has currently lost him not one (Cameramon), not two (Sakusimin), but three funking Appmon chips to Mienumon now. You'd think he'd freaking wise up at this point considering Coachmon was revealed to be a Leviathan henchman, AND that a Appmon inexplicably got infected right near them. The area was looking too damn Leviathan for him to move at 0.00000001 miles per hour when it came to assembling Dantemon.

[spoiler=Response]

I actually forgot he lost Cameramon and Sakusimon to Mienumon as well. Then again, there was the fact that we had an upload drought for this series.

Haru "dropping the ball" with Dantemon doesn't really bother me, I expected it.

[spoiler=22]Like the backstory on Rei and Hackmon. Having someone actually reject the Applidrive's question is something I wanted to see. I find it funny how they were talking about Hackmon being a demon or the devil and then turns into Revivemon which looks like final boss of an RPG. The evolution at the end seemed unnecessary without an enemy to fight, hopefully it all comes all full circle next episode with meeting up with Mienumon and Virusmon.

[spoiler=23]

Haru now gets minus points for begging and trying to reason with a villain. Like... what was suppose to change between the moment she stole the chip and when she ran off with it to the surface web???

Revivemon in action was much less impactful w/o it being his debut episode imo. Would've felt just fine if they removed Revivemon's evo scene from last ep and put it here. There was obviously room; Shotmon was a completely and utterly useless battle here. But Harumon gets redemption points for using the abilities of his other Appmon through this episode.

Taiki still does it all better...

[spoiler=24]Was there anything not to love here?

Though it bugs me that they didn't name Cometmon "Meteormon" as it was literally about to crash/crashing into everything and I assume destroy most of what would be the Surface Web. Plus it's not as catchy. There's already a Meteormon, but there's also already a Hackmon, so I assume other mons can get Appmon variants.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[spoiler=Episode 33]So, as of ep 33 the story has truly begun again, and honestly I'm glad. I was really getting sick of Offmon as a focus, I really was. The little sheet somehow managed to make him running away the main plot 3 times now, two of which were episodes in a row.

Still, after looking up this Ultimate 4, this plan is going to blow up in Leviathan's face so magnificently. I can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 33]So, as of ep 33 the story has truly begun again, and honestly I'm glad. I was really getting sick of Offmon as a focus, I really was. The little s*** somehow managed to make him running away the main plot 3 times now, two of which were episodes in a row.

Still, after looking up this Ultimate 4, this plan is going to blow up in Leviathan's face so magnificently. I can't wait.

Yeah me too. I knew there were going to be some Yuujin/Offmon centered eps because they're the new guys, but the Runaway episode and FemPerorimon episode offered nothing. And the New Digivice making him stronger, as well as the skipping Super Level, really irked me.

OFF Topic (puns~): Was I the only one disturbed when Eri called Dokkamon a cheater for getting a kiss?

At first I didn't know what you meant by that last bit, but I get it now. But part of me feels like there should a training-ish arc before they even fight. Maybe give everyone a DUO?

[spoiler=Episodes 35/36]

Not gonna lie watching these episodes felt like watching the UK general election... only with idols instead of MPs. I'm not surprised 35 had some sort of vote rigging, and I thought it was neat to learn more of Eri's backstory and doing all of this for her mum. When I was watching 36 I was like "I think Eri's gonna get 10th place" and her getting 10th meant they can still do stuff with her character.

Though I do wonder what happened with Yuujin/Offmon as they were absent in 36. Though I'm starting to think that Yuujin's mum works for L corp for some strange reason.

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episodes 37/38]
Blimey, the Ultimate 4 are no pushovers, easily defeating the main characters ultimates without much difficulty. We learn that Biomon rearranged the data of Rei's brother, and enjoyed it. I will say this though, after looking up the Ultimate 4, I can see why each of the specific matchups happened.
As for 38, I do think it was interesting that the rest of the cast got Appli drive duos.

Archived