Ring of Devotion (Yubel, Call Your Office)

Black D'Sceptyr

ring_of_devotion_by_bdsceptyr-daho403.pn

[spoiler=Ring of Devotion: Errata]

Normal Trap Card

Lore: Banish 1 DARK monster from your hand or Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 10 or lower DARK monster with 0 ATK and DEF, but the same Type as the banished monster from your hand or Graveyard, ignoring its Summoning conditions. Its original ATK and DEF each become equal to its Level x300, also its effects are negated. During either player's turn, if a monster on the field with a Level lower than the Level of a DARK monster you control activates its effect: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; destroy that monster, and if you do, destroy 1 DARK monster you control.

Because if you can't see the abuse with Yubel (and everything else that's compatico), cancel basic cable life.  

This is LITERALLY more a pointer lesson in what needs to occur for Yubel for it to not be a wholesale dead-draw. And for any who's taken up ANY sort of look at my Yugico profile-hell, this one-you'd know there are 3 certainties in the life of BDS-death, taxes, and Yubel being my favorite thing in Yugioh today-both in card and in character. SHE IS A GOD. And that VOICE could melt glaciers. I still have a Yubel deck to this day and I almost never play it because HELL IF I'M REPLACING THOSE CARDS I NABBED IN A BOOSTER. 

Anyways, now that I've sufficiently frightened you with my love affair with yandere-Duel-Spirits, may the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

BDS, signing off.

WITH THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOTVqDltxVE'

UPDATE: Changed the "When" to an "If" and made the Level 11 requirement Level 10. Other than that, fire away as normal.

Well I love Yubel, so I'm glad you're trying to make it better. I also tackled this by making a Neos Wiseman retrain.

The cost of needing to banish a Dark Attribute monster from your hand is pretty steep, especially since this is a Trap, and inherently slow, leaving it open to be MST'd or TT'd before it can resolve its effect. Anyway, if you do activate this thing it give you 3 to 3.6k beater, with no protection. Granted, you do want it to be blown up, and since you have the quick effect on the Ring to destroy it basically whenever you need, because unless you're playing against Rank 10 Trains, your opponent's going to be activating effects of monsters with levels less than 10 basically all the time. This does allow it to tag out of targeted effects, and use some sweet non-targeting destruction on whatever monster was foolish enough to activate its effect in front of the mighty Yubel. However I'm a bit concerned about the "when" clause in the Yubel monsters, and it makes me think it would miss timing if you chained its effect to something, which you need to destroy this card. Maybe you should make it negate the effect of the monster and destroy, and then destroy this trap card, as only destroying it means the last thing to resolve is the low level monster's effect, not Yubel being sent to the Graveyard, unless the Ring doesn't destroy it until after the chain resolves, man timing is complicated. Anyway, for what you're going for, it's pretty cool, but it makes me think that they'd probably just run 3 of this, 3 of Terrible Incarnate, and 1 of Ultimate Nightmare, to reduce bricking, and not having to bother with middle tiers.

So I see you made this with the intention of bringing out Yubel. Sure, you can bring Yubel out with Mystic Tomato and Call of the Haunted, but this card has access to Yubel's other forms, too. In fact, you'd be able to Summon Yubel' final form a lot sooner. Plus, it turns it into a beatstick, which is rather needless given how Yubel will inflict the Damage to your opponent, but it's a cute touch. And that last effect is great for setting up one of Yubel's forms.

Though, I agree that it should be changed from "When" to "If".

Otherwise, it's fine.

Well I love Yubel, so I'm glad you're trying to make it better. I also tackled this by making a Neos Wiseman retrain.

The cost of needing to banish a Dark Attribute monster from your hand is pretty steep, especially since this is a Trap, and inherently slow, leaving it open to be MST'd or TT'd before it can resolve its effect. Anyway, if you do activate this thing it give you 3 to 3.6k beater, with no protection. Granted, you do want it to be blown up, and since you have the quick effect on the Ring to destroy it basically whenever you need, because unless you're playing against Rank 10 Trains, your opponent's going to be activating effects of monsters with levels less than 10 basically all the time. This does allow it to tag out of targeted effects, and use some sweet non-targeting destruction on whatever monster was foolish enough to activate its effect in front of the mighty Yubel. However I'm a bit concerned about the "when" clause in the Yubel monsters, and it makes me think it would miss timing if you chained its effect to something, which you need to destroy this card. Maybe you should make it negate the effect of the monster and destroy, and then destroy this trap card, as only destroying it means the last thing to resolve is the low level monster's effect, not Yubel being sent to the Graveyard, unless the Ring doesn't destroy it until after the chain resolves, man timing is complicated. Anyway, for what you're going for, it's pretty cool, but it makes me think that they'd probably just run 3 of this, 3 of Terrible Incarnate, and 1 of Ultimate Nightmare, to reduce bricking, and not having to bother with middle tiers.

Thanks for the counsel. Y'know, originally, I had this card keyed out to not negate the effect of the monster it Summoned-but then I took one look upon the list of monsters this could bring out, realized that invincible ender Vennominaga was one of the cards, and nearly went into cardiac on the spot.

So I'll change up this card to not be so susceptible to destruction. Don't worry, I learned the lesson from the Ebon and Ivor Citadel debacle. Stay tuned.

Archived