~ The YCM Halloween Masquerade 2016 ~

Asriel

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am advising such, yes. It is not required, but I want it to be something that happens, to see if it work better/worse/same/etc.

Not YGOPro. We need it to be non-automated.

alright, that makes sense. if i recall correctly, quite a few of the people last year were identified by the interactions between their main and ghost accounts.

For Monster Duels, it mentions giving out hints. Does that mean that when a monster is defeated, he has to give a hint to his identity?

No, the hints are part of a... mystery element, which is purposely being held back.

You will be assigned a hint on the day of the event/night before.

... I didn't put it in the rules, but I'm not sure if mods have been allowed to hunt before. Considering you can cheat really easily.

You can do it for fun, of course, just not rewards.

Oh yeah, this is all i sport.  I don't plan on revealing anything <3

how about if a monster wins a certain amount of duels in a row, they get a bonus boost? not sure how it would be implemented, probably with a lifepoint increase, or a slight aura boost, with a second hint or some such other reward to the first player who breaks their win streak? 

Yeah, monsters don't get a reward for winning. Your reward is, as Giga said, getting to be the actors on this stage.

Also, going to change the Monster Duelist rules slightly. For now, the important one is this:

Any monster can be a Monster Duelist, no limit. Unlike last year, this version does not have rewards for beating monsters, outside of clues, so it makes sense to free it up. All decks and auras must be cleared with me, though, and I may very well just assign you an Aura, instead of letting you make one. In the interest of fairness.

Yeah, monsters don't get a reward for winning. Your reward is, as Giga said, getting to be the actors on this stage.

Also, going to change the Monster Duelist rules slightly. For now, the important one is this:

Any monster can be a Monster Duelist, no limit. Unlike last year, this version does not have rewards for beating monsters, outside of clues, so it makes sense to free it up. All decks and auras must be cleared with me, though, and I may very well just assign you an Aura, instead of letting you make one. In the interest of fairness.

When dueling against a monster, you are not allowed to use custom decks, right?

So, OCG cards until Raging Tempest will be allowed, but under the current TCG banlist; it will pretty much be its own format. That ought to get interesting. I wonder which decks can reach the top under these conditions and be the best to bring against monsters.

Will the bonuses a.k.a. auras of monsters be revealed once the event starts? Or will they be kept as a surprise until a player duels the monster?

I ask because knowing about the bonuses can help for preparing a deck to fight each monster.

So, OCG cards until Raging Tempest will be allowed, but under the current TCG banlist; it will pretty much be its own format. That ought to get interesting. I wonder which decks can reach the top under these conditions and be the best to bring against monsters.

Will the bonuses a.k.a. auras of monsters be revealed once the event starts? Or will they be kept as a surprise until a player duels the monster?

I ask because knowing about the bonuses can help for preparing a deck to fight each monster.

Surprise until the game begins. When you report a duel to me, you can choose to report the Aura, to make sure no cheating has occurred, though I should hope it doesn't.

Archived