how do i post my arctype here

greywalker

Question

4 answers to this question

i need help posting my cards here cause i wanna people to tell me if the deck i made is balanced before i have a pro make them for me my friends said they only duel me if my deck was balanced so here i am

I'd like to address four critical points here. The fourth will be your question, but first let's talk about the rest first.

First off, it's a huge waste of money to pay for a service that prints out custom cards. You're better off going to the local library, sizing them correctly (there should be a guide for this somewhere on the site, or on Google otherwise) then printing them out. It's far cheaper and hell of a lot faster. Second, why are you and you alone using custom cards in the first place? That just seems kinda snowflake-y, for lack of a better term that I can think of. You're telling me that with all the decks that exist in this game, there are none that suit your playstyle? Not that it's my place to judge. Thirdly, good luck getting criticism on your cards here. CC is pretty desolate when it comes to card reviews last I checked, but I digress. Let's actually answer that question of yours.

I'd also like to apologize a lil' bit for the above paragraph just before we get into things. I just got back from a lot of Sm4sh and I'm salty as funk right now, but I did feel the need to warn you not to waste your money and to reconsider your need for customs. But, again, I digress.

Once you've created a card in the handy-dandy cardmaker (before you ask, we DON'T have pendulums on there) you should be able to click on it and get a code just beneath the card. Something like a short imgur url wrapped in tags. That being said, I haven't used the cardmaker in a long time, and I heard there was some error a while back with that. If said error is still a problem, you'll have to download the cards onto your computer and re-upload them to a site like Imgur. In the latter's case, you'll need to use the following code for each card.

[img=(image location here)]

Something very important to note about the above code is when I say "image location" I mean an actual image url that ends in .jpg, .png, .gif, or some other file extension. I'll use a Pokemon splice of mine to demonstrate what I'm trying to say. If I use the direct image location that ends in .png, I'll get this.

[spoiler=This]sOZ7yma.png

On the other hand, doing it from the page where that image happens to be located (you might get what I mean if you have to do the Imgur process at all; let me know if not) gives me this instead.

[spoiler=This instead]Okay so I tried keeping the broken thumbnail here to show that you wouldn't get sheet, but I actually got an error saying I can't use that file extension here. So...yeah.

So tl/dr, if clicking the card doesn't create a working code on the cardmaker page, download the images and re-upload them to Imgur, then make sure you're copying image locations and writing codes right.

zelda-owl-gif.gif

Thx I am hella lazy and not gonna do any of that probably and I have over a 1000 cards and plenty of decks I just always wanted to make my own deck since I was kid and printing pics from the library won't make good looking cards you need a laze printer and glossy paper

That's still a waste of money. You can't go to official tournaments with these, and nobody outside your circle of friends would condone you using custom cards out of nowhere. With the money you're thinking of spending on a special paper and a laser printer, you could just as easily go out and buy something to munch on for a while, or take the cute girl (or guy) down the street out for a movie and/or have dinner at a nice restaurant, with or without them. Point being, for something this casual, spending more than what you must is not very smart.

Archived