[MtG] Plane's Nomad Returns (Written)

cr47t

Plane's Nomad Returns

Sorcery
Mana cost: 4

--EFFECT BELOW--

You can only cast ~ if you control no cards except Basic lands. Search your library for a Planeswalker card and reveal it. Exile a number of lands you control equal to that card's converted mana cost and put that card onto the battlefield under your control. Its activated abilities cannot be activated this turn and creatures you contol can't attack this turn. Then shuffle your library.

--------

[spoiler=old text (thanks to CuriousHeartless for the fix)]

If you control no other cards except basic lands; choose 1 planeswalker in your library; reveal it, then exile a number of lands you both own and control equal to that revealed planeswalker's converted mana cost; then, place that planeswalker on the battlefield under your control. It can't use it's effects this turn.

You can't attack the turn you cast Plane's Nomad Returns.

CnC appreciated.

Very strange wording like you just used Yu-Gi-Oh! wording.

"You can only cast ~ if you control no cards except Basic lands. Search your library for a Planeswalker card and reveal it. Exile a number of lands you control equal to that card's converted mana cost and put that card onto the battlefield under your control. Its activated abilities cannot be activated this turn and creatures you contol can't attack this turn. Then shuffle your library."

Yeah this is pretty pathetic. I think it is supposed to be using the fact it is colorless to make up for it but that really doesn't. Needing to control only basic lands, having to exile lands, being unable to attack or actually use that Planeswaker...there are way too many restrictions for a tutor. This might get EDH use but that is pretty much the Magic equivalent of "I'm sure you have a wonderful personality."

Very strange wording like you just used Yu-Gi-Oh! wording.

"You can only cast ~ if you control no cards except Basic lands. Search your library for a Planeswalker card and reveal it. Exile a number of lands you control equal to that card's converted mana cost and put that card onto the battlefield under your control. Its activated abilities cannot be activated this turn and creatures you contol can't attack this turn. Then shuffle your library."

Yeah this is pretty pathetic. I think it is supposed to be using the fact it is colorless to make up for it but that really doesn't. Needing to control only basic lands, having to exile lands, being unable to attack or actually use that Planeswaker...there are way too many restrictions for a tutor. This might get EDH use but that is pretty much the Magic equivalent of "I'm sure you have a wonderful personality."

I'm not that familiar with MTG card wording (or MTG in general but I know the rules and stuff), I'm sorry. I replaced it with yours. Anyway, thanks for the critique.

• 2 weeks later...

so mana cost 4 as in 4 generic mana or.... ? cause if you mean 4 generic mana, this would be an instant staple. Anyway, that cost seems pretty balanced. The effect is neat too.

Yeah, I meant 4 generic mana.

idk what to really say about this; except that i want this to be real please.

Yo, thanks.

Yeah, this card is pretty terrible. You can't play it if you have any board state, you need to give up the only thing you already have to use it, and it gives you an overall subpar card on board that can't do anything the turn you play it anyway. Compare call of the gatewatch. No silly restriction, doesn't tear apart your board, doesn't needlessly slow you down. And even that isn't terribly good.

Archived