Photo

[MtG] Plane's Nomad Returns (Written)

MtG

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

cr47t

cr47t

heyyy

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
    Last Visit

Plane's Nomad Returns

Sorcery
Mana cost: 4

--EFFECT BELOW--

You can only cast ~ if you control no cards except Basic lands. Search your library for a Planeswalker card and reveal it. Exile a number of lands you control equal to that card's converted mana cost and put that card onto the battlefield under your control. Its activated abilities cannot be activated this turn and creatures you contol can't attack this turn. Then shuffle your library.

--------

old text (thanks to CuriousHeartless for the fix)

CnC appreciated.

V6D7tFL.png

sig

Quotes

Memories from DN

ahhh the good old days

Old roblox forever <3

CuriousHeartless

CuriousHeartless

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
    Last Visit May 12 2019 08:40 PM
Very strange wording like you just used Yu-Gi-Oh! wording.

"You can only cast ~ if you control no cards except Basic lands. Search your library for a Planeswalker card and reveal it. Exile a number of lands you control equal to that card's converted mana cost and put that card onto the battlefield under your control. Its activated abilities cannot be activated this turn and creatures you contol can't attack this turn. Then shuffle your library."

Yeah this is pretty pathetic. I think it is supposed to be using the fact it is colorless to make up for it but that really doesn't. Needing to control only basic lands, having to exile lands, being unable to attack or actually use that Planeswaker...there are way too many restrictions for a tutor. This might get EDH use but that is pretty much the Magic equivalent of "I'm sure you have a wonderful personality."

cr47t

cr47t

heyyy

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
    Last Visit

Very strange wording like you just used Yu-Gi-Oh! wording.

"You can only cast ~ if you control no cards except Basic lands. Search your library for a Planeswalker card and reveal it. Exile a number of lands you control equal to that card's converted mana cost and put that card onto the battlefield under your control. Its activated abilities cannot be activated this turn and creatures you contol can't attack this turn. Then shuffle your library."

Yeah this is pretty pathetic. I think it is supposed to be using the fact it is colorless to make up for it but that really doesn't. Needing to control only basic lands, having to exile lands, being unable to attack or actually use that Planeswaker...there are way too many restrictions for a tutor. This might get EDH use but that is pretty much the Magic equivalent of "I'm sure you have a wonderful personality."

I'm not that familiar with MTG card wording (or MTG in general but I know the rules and stuff), I'm sorry. I replaced it with yours. Anyway, thanks for the critique.

V6D7tFL.png

sig

Quotes

Memories from DN

ahhh the good old days

Old roblox forever <3

cr47t

cr47t

heyyy

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
    Last Visit
Bump.

V6D7tFL.png

sig

Quotes

Memories from DN

ahhh the good old days

Old roblox forever <3

Forest Fire

Forest Fire

Some men just want to watch the world burn at their feet

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
    Last Visit Jan 30 2018 12:15 PM

so mana cost 4 as in 4 generic mana or.... ? cause if you mean 4 generic mana, this would be an instant staple. Anyway, that cost seems pretty balanced. The effect is neat too.

idk what to really say about this; except that i want this to be real please.

Sakura's Christmas present and Award.

<3

That one time a magic deck dealt 113 damage in one turn

Other image

The Emperor is given to those who are key in being influential to their surroundings as a male figure. They are also associated with affinities of dominance and control, yet have other qualities about them that are needed to be in control, despite their disposition.

cr47t

cr47t

heyyy

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
    Last Visit

so mana cost 4 as in 4 generic mana or.... ? cause if you mean 4 generic mana, this would be an instant staple. Anyway, that cost seems pretty balanced. The effect is neat too.

Yeah, I meant 4 generic mana.

idk what to really say about this; except that i want this to be real please.

Yo, thanks.

V6D7tFL.png

sig

Quotes

Memories from DN

ahhh the good old days

Old roblox forever <3

Forest Fire

Forest Fire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Yeah, I meant 4 generic mana.

Yo, thanks.

cool.

also main reason i'd play this is so i could drop the 4 ability jace in anything. cause i'm that kind of person.

<3

Other image

The Emperor is given to those who are key in being influential to their surroundings as a male figure. They are also associated with affinities of dominance and control, yet have other qualities about them that are needed to be in control, despite their disposition.

CuriousHeartless

CuriousHeartless

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
Dude Jace Mindsculptor only has three loyalty and can't plus the turn you play him with this I'm not sure it would really be all that useful.

(GigaDrillBreaker)

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Omniscient

• Ace Investigator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,370 posts
    Last Visit Mar 06 2019 09:00 AM
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon
Yeah, this card is pretty terrible. You can't play it if you have any board state, you need to give up the only thing you already have to use it, and it gives you an overall subpar card on board that can't do anything the turn you play it anyway. Compare call of the gatewatch. No silly restriction, doesn't tear apart your board, doesn't needlessly slow you down. And even that isn't terribly good.

Forest Fire

Forest Fire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Dude Jace Mindsculptor only has three loyalty and can't plus the turn you play him with this I'm not sure it would really be all that useful.

wrong jace. forgot 2 had 4 abilities. i meant the 0: Your opponent loses 1/6 of their deck Jace.

:)

<3

Other image

CuriousHeartless

CuriousHeartless

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
Memory Adept only has three abilities. 4 loyalty dies make him a but more sturdy than Mind Sculptor but you still don't get much chance to use it before your opponent kills it. Not even like you can have a board to protect it because having board presence stops you from casting this card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users