Hollowing (MOOOOORTAL COMBAAAAAT!)

Black D'Sceptyr

hollowing_by_bdsceptyr-daiexr1.png

[spoiler=Hallowing: Errata]

Continuous Trap Card

Lore: At the end of the Battle Phase, if a monster(s) battled and is still face-up on the field; Send all of those monsters to the Graveyard. All effects that would prevent a monster(s) on the field from being destroyed by battle or by card effects cannot be applied.

I COULD talk at length of how this card is helpful on dodging destruction effects. I could tell you about how a Trap Card that wipes a monster board clean, near-to-no exceptions could qualify as the cover picture of the proto-floodgate. But I think I'll just hand you the Majespecters and Kozmo races and let the inevitable dies-to-nothing-but-Kaiju powercreep say all I need to on why this is here.

Anyways, may the reviews and revelry arrive in as much abundance as this afore-pictured typical day in (insert-commonly lightning struck place on Earth here.)

BDS, signing off.

I'm not sure what real life card has a similar effect to this (might have seen one earlier), but I can't remember (oh right, Ancient Forest, except it destroys). But yeah, this would be nice for getting around stuff like the Kozmo ships and whatever else that can't die by Mirror Force, etc. If this were last format, you could also use this against Monarchs / March's protection for Tribute Summoned stuff (technically you still can, but they took a few hits this list). Lately, Konami seems to like making monsters that have destruction immunity; card's a nice way to get around them, which is nice. (Suppose you can also kill off stuff like Magnus, Ultimate Falcon and other heavy bosses too; least monsters with blanket immunity to everything but battle). 

That in mind though, this really only works if you can survive the attacks; otherwise, they can still attack and just win afterwards (considering how fast bosses tend to be summoned nowadays and/or swarm boards). Same applies to you though; either you win quickly or your monsters are gone.

As a whole, card is nice for what it does, and that's basically dealing with the common destruction immunity that certain Decks nowadays have.

It is like a better Ancient Forest. With protection against destruction and Grave-triggering existing, it is a neat way to get past that (except maybe against Burning Abyss, but that's about it). And it renders protection against destruction null and void, too. A nice touch. And if your opponent manages to play over it or you simply get bored of it, you could use Magical Planter on it. Plus, it would discourage your opponent's attack plays; at least on the first turn when they choose to attack.

Archived