Red-Eyes Darkness Flare Dragon (Instant OP, Just Add Durendal)

Black D'Sceptyr

Much like Caramellow before this: 

...I have had an issue on Archetype support of coming up with another rabbit from the hat long after the curtain drops. I feel no need to abate this-it lets you behold more BDSceptyr goodies-but it is a chore to have to try to go back to original stuff then -OMG I HAVEN'T MADE A WAY TO CHEAP SUMMON REBD SWORD YET LEMME FIX THAT.

So, in that newfound fervor, comes...an Artifact Xyz Card on steroids. With extra self-imposed Dragon Lock. And a was to cheaply Summonn REBD Sword. And itself (this one I labored over tho, didn't want Odd-Eyes Rebellion/Galaxy Stealth to be the new Tellarknight Tolemaeus or however you call that evil Infinity gateway drug.) 

Enjoy.

red_eyes_darkness_flare_dragon_by_bdscep

[spoiler=Red-Eyes Darkness Flare Dragon: Errata]

DARK/Dragon-Type Xyz Effect Monster/Rank 7/2700 ATK/2300 DEF

Lore: 2 Level 7 Normal Monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by shuffling 1 "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" from your Graveyard into the Deck, then using a Dragon-Type Fusion or Ritual Monster you control as the Xyz Material. When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can inflict 1200 damage to your opponent. Cannot be targeted by card effects while it has Xyz Materials. Once per turn, if a Normal Monster(s) in your possession is sent to your Graveyard: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster with 2400 ATK and/or 2000 DEF from your Main or Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You can only control 1 "Red-Eyes Darkness Flare Dragon".

May the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

BDS, signing off.

UPDATE I: Made It a Rank 7 ( to get it out of Seven Sins shanaynays), changed its Summoning conditions, and made that Dragon-Summoning clause a tad more conditional. Because I love this Archetype and want it to succeed. NOT BECAUSE it's supposed to be a union of Darkness Dragon and Black Flare Dragon and somehow managed to relate to neither of them.

Not a big fan of how easy this card is to summon, combined it with another Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon on your field and you got some annoying stuff on your plate. Anyway, as for the float effect, I actually kind of like it, but I would rather it be from the Graveyard than the Extra Deck or Hand, as Red-Eyes like to focus on the Graveyard, and this would fit that lore a lot better. The generic effect negate is fine, if this card is a bit harder to summon. I really don't think this should be possible in decks that can get two level 7's to the field. It might be better to make it like Beatrice, make it have a cost for doing so, like: "3 Level 10 monster / You can also Xyz Summon this card by shuffling "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" from your Graveyard into your Deck, then using 1 "Red-Eyes" Xyz monster you control. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.)"

First off, this gives more reason to actually use vanilla "Red-Eyes B. Dragon", but is still a pretty easy cost to satisfy in Red-Eyes decks. Second, connects it more to Red-Eyes. Third, goes further with the idea of Red-Eyes B. Dragon being about unlocking ones potential.

I know you tried to tie this card by limiting it so you can't summon non Dragon-Type monsters, but that also prevents Red-Eyes Archfiend of Lightning from being summoned, and since this card can float into a Archfiend Black Skull Dragon, that problem isn't fully addressed. Also, please, give this card some protection. Also, just my preference, feel free to ignore it, but since Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon couldn't be destroyed by card effects, giving this targeting protection while it has Xyz Material might be nice, just so it likely has to be destroyed by battle and can't be banished by ABC.

Anyway, the spell/trap/monster negation is nice, turning it into burn to hurt the opponent, but I'd make a clause so that you can't control multiple of these, as it's not too hard to spam out Rank 7's in Red-Eyes, and that'd be ridiculous, getting two of these out at the same time.

I'm not a big fan of the Xyz effect. While it can only be made using a Ritual or Fusion, meaning it can only get 1 free summon, it's still a painful in how many options that opens to use such as Armed Dragon LV10, First of Dragons, Starve Venom Dragon, Moonlight Rose Dragon to go into Crystal Wing pretty easily, and Lord of the Red, just to name a few. While it's not as generic as Tzolkin, I feel like it's honestly just a bit annoying for what it is. 

Archived