Debate Section Needs To Be More Strict

You know, originally, I had laid out a few guidelines. For post quality purposes, to increase content in the section, keep discussion open, etc.

But the minute I had them laid out, you all had a quarrel with rules in the debates section. So I let my foot off the gas.

This time, I won't be so damn lenient. I'll take everything here into consideration. You can expect to hear again from me on a few days. Even if I have to keep posting on mobile.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most of the people who make such posts (blank aside from links) also post very detailed explanations just as often, if not more often, and that's why it's often let slide, because it's understood that upon request, every single one of them would be glad to elaborate greatly.

This honestly.

You know, originally, I had laid out a few guidelines. For post quality purposes, to increase content in the section, keep discussion open, etc.

But the minute I had them laid out, you all had a quarrel with rules in the debates section. So I let my foot off the gas.

This time, I won't be so damn lenient. I'll take everything here into consideration. You can expect to hear again from me on a few days. Even if I have to keep posting on mobile.

Throwing on more rules isn't suddenly gonna make people wanna engage in debates. It'll just give the mod buerocracy another excuse to butt in where they're not needed

What might help is y'all not locking threads >_>

It wouldn't have involved a lock if Ya'll could've acted like adults. Not that I expect that out of 3/4 of YCM's user base.

And I didn't say I was gonna add rules. I said I was taking everything here--EVERYTHING--into consideration. Whether or not that includes a definite addition of additional regulation in debates is unconfirmed.

Chances are the type of content that is found "complainable" would have been acceptable in General. Makes me wonder why they split it to debates. I think it would've been best if General stayed the way it was before.

Unless of course people want to maintain it to the "quality" standard of TCG or the advanced cards section.

Currently, I have not decided to implement additional rules in debates. There's already a pretty plain understanding as far as not spamming goes (which I don't see much of in debates anyway). I'll be continuing to monitor the section daily, but don't expect any rule changes as of now.

• 2 weeks later...

An update on restrictions, guidelines, and rules in debates.  I have decided to implement some changes.  They won't come immediately, but I will be spending the next few days or so with a minimum of two changes to the debates section.  Expect to hear from me Monday, October 10, 2016, at the latest.

Archived