Gifted [Retake] [PG-16]

Tokyo Duel

Alright, so first off-- kudos to anyone who remembers my original take on Gifted. I started an RP many moons ago based on it, and it was incredibly successful from what I heard. I dipped before it really got started. Gifted itself is a project I continuously attempt but give up for whatever reason. Loss of interest, time, et cetera. I really want to finish it though because I believe it has potential. And I also feel my ability as a writer has improved since my original version as well. I don't know if I should post this here right now, especially because my beloved draft feature no longer appears to be around (although auto-saving is a thing???), but I won't have time to get started. This will be updated sometime tomorrow. Probably before I leave for work, and I will have at least the introductory bit written up.

-Tokyo Duel.

[spoiler=A Perfect Society Starts by Putting to Use it's Garbage]"C'mon, hurry up dumbf***! They're coming!"

Life itself is nothing miraculous. It is neither 'good', nor 'bad'. It's the people you surround yourself with who can shape that for you. You as a collective individual wield no power in shaping the events that circumvent your life. It's hilarious that, for all we as human beings take for granted, we fail to realize we alone cannot change anything. I don't care what anyone says. One person can't get anything done. They can aspire others to help them, but one person can't change the world. It's an effort that can only be done through the hard work of others. Through everyone. In my case, I've made my life bad. I've surrounded myself with 'bad' people (by society's standards, at least). It's a group consisting of your dime-a-dozen punks you can find on any street in any city in any country. You know the type. The only difference between these pieces of s*** and the others is that they've somehow deluded themselves into thinking that they can make a difference with just a group of adolescents. In other words, this oh-so-lovely band of social rejects is an anarchist group trying to rebel against Parliament. You know. The United Kingdom's parliment? Just forget about the "United" part.

Here's the thing. The year is 2038. The world is tearing apart at it's seams. Even first world countries are beginning to tear apart at the seams. The world is a social and economical wasteland, where even the top 1% of the world have been hit. Not much, but is that even really that surprising anymore? Crime rates have reached astronomical levels. Theft, murder, et cetera. It's simply another way to get by in life. You gotta' survive. Now, why did life reach this point? How did it get to this point? Hell if I know. I never cared. I never listened. I did what I wanted, when I wanted, because my parents were pushovers. I kind of wish they weren't, looking back at it. Maybe I'd have never had to deal with this if they weren't. Maybe they'd never have to deal with me like this. I think the corruption that exists around all corners of the globe simply imploded, leaving everyone in just a colossal state of disarray. England is the only country right now that isn't a horrific place in comparison. But that's attributed to the dipshit I'll "lovingly" refer to as Augustine Willhelm-- I'll get to that asshat later. Right now, there are sirens heading towards this little merry band of lowlifes, and I'm oh so fortunate to be accompanying them right now as a fairly competent member.

"Yeah, I know, I know, Ryan!" I shouted, looking back ahead. Several of us carried pretty heavy bags consisting of valuables stolen from an estate. The plan was to steal some goods, get out, and sell them for a decent meal later tonight. Knowing the right people who don't ask and just buy is just a good thing to have, and the 'Youth of the Crown', our group, for one reason or another just so happens to know plenty of people who fit that bill. For a group of adolescents, that's actually a worrisome fact, in hind sight...

Ryan Williams is more or less the leader of this specific "mission", as well as the organizer and one of the main brains of the Youth of the Crown as well. He's an older guy, roughly in his mid twenties. He's never been one to care for appearance, and that shaggy brown hair of his, as messy as it is is proof of that. His clothes are all tattered, and on his left leg there's a giant whole from his thigh all the way down to his knee. Why he keeps those, nobody ever knows, but I guess these times don't exactly allow for pickiness. In addition to Ryan and myself, there's Ollie Matthews, Gregory Smith, and Christian Northelm, ages seventeen, nineteen, and sixteen respectively.  Christian and I are about the same age, but Gregory (or, Greg as he prefers to be called) and I get along better than most of the others on this team. Ryan's pretty much a dick. But orders are orders, after all.

Archived