I have to publish a book by the end of Sophomore Year

Snatch Steal

Yep. 

So I was working on Collideoscope when I decided that I didn't want to publish it for a long time and would rather focus on a different piece.

The thing I found myself having the most trouble with was making the book large or small enough. I wanted it to be somewhere between 60-90 pages (maybe with a 75-page sweet spot), because that seemed like it would be writeable in eight months.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where to start. I've got several ideas, some rusty and some sparkling new, but none of them fully fleshed out. I thought I'd leave them here in case anyone is nice enough to help me ( • w •)

[spoiler=Born]

Inspired by an episode of Adventure Time.

Zenon, awakened without second thought, quickly attempts to acquaint to same-old in an average world that is nothing like his own. Only minutes ago had he been born, thirteen years old, and sent off to school with Milan, Erasyl, Dragutin, and many other students with their own devices and vendettas. With each day that passes, however, Zenon finds himself slipping into night terrors, featuring something–someone–urging him to wake up. This whole world, it seems, has been manufactured around him; only he sustains it, and if he were to leave, it would evaporate with him.

[spoiler=The Last Triumvirate]

I think I came up with this one yesterday?

Set in Ancient Rome, Septus, a young man set on becoming a public speaker, encounters a Greek immigrant farmhand Epiphanes, who brings Septus cultural, sexual, and class confusion. One of my intentions with this book is to properly portray Classical Roman life as closely as possible, as I feel that only those who study Classics can really get a feel for actual life in the day of a Roman.

[spoiler=Context]

I'm sorry that my only reference is Wikipedia, but I'm not paying 35 bucks for a book, nor do I have any dubious attitudes towards Wikipedia's credibility.

In Ancient Rome, patriarchy ran rampant, and thus men taking a dominant role were permitted to engage with other men, because they were not compromising their masculinity; on the contrary, a man who took a submissive role risked losing Roman privileges, so slaves frequently served the passive parts.[1]

And by the way, did you know there was no pasta in ancient Rome?

[spoiler=Hoax Cubed]

This is a REALLY old one, from like 2014.

A kid named Caphnix and his sister Kelyix live with their adoptive guardian Riley O'Connor. The former two both hope to be inventors for Skunk Incorporated, an organization that single-handedly transformed science across the world. However, as the city prepares for the grand opening of a new headquarters, terrorists set off explosives inside, and the siblings are scouted by Alderic LaChance to combat the Knights of Anubis, an organization set on eliminating scientific advancement.

Lost of French-weebing.

[spoiler=Space Voyage!]

Lol how could I forget this one

Inspired by a Jimmy Buffet song.

Desdemona, better known as Mona, has gathered a crew: Tom, a strapping young college dropout who needs to get away from his parents; Scott, a ravishingly handsome mechanic; and Tiffany, the cunning damsel never-in-distress. Together, they will find the secrets that lie beyond the stars, and discover that eating only fresh-baked cookies courtesy of the captain never gets old.

Many Othello hat-tips, too.

Uh yeah, they're slightly stupid, but that's what I'm working with right now. One option for me is to do all four* in one, which could probably work for the 75 pages.

Ty ( / • __ •)/

Hoax Cubed seemed to grab my attention the most. But that might just be because I'm not really one for political or psychological stories. 

Hoax Cubed is the most political one. In fact it's probably the most political thing I've ever made in my life.

...Like, the Knights of Anubis are symbolically theocratic Islamic extremists.

I added another concept that's a good deal more lighthearted than any of the others.

Hoax Cubed is the most political one. In fact it's probably the most political thing I've ever made in my life.

...Like, the Knights of Anubis are symbolically theocratic Islamic extremists.

I added another concept that's a good deal more lighthearted than any of the others.

What I meant was I don't really like political or psychological on the surface. This one, to me, seems more of an action/ adventure thing than a political based on the description. 

Also space voyage seems like it'd be fun, but the lack of a plot (in the description) seems like it might get stale.

What I meant was I don't really like political or psychological on the surface. This one, to me, seems more of an action/ adventure thing than a political based on the description. 

Also space voyage seems like it'd be fun, but the lack of a plot (in the description) seems like it might get stale.

Oh yeah, there really isn't a plot. Good thing humans exist!!!!

Also The Last Triumvirate isn't supposed to be political, I was just giving it political background so that people weren't confused. It's intended to be more love-triangly and "what's happening to my body???"-y. 

I didn't mention the other guy because I haven't gotten there but oh well. In summary, less politics, more soap opera.

Space Voyage seems delightful enough. And might be the easiest to write a 75-ish page book for.

Hoax Cubed and Last Triumvate weren't too bad but with the latter you'll really need to research daily roman life, and I get a iunno feeling about HC compared to Space Voyage.

I feel it.

Considering my original plan was a 12-year-old on acid who meets hinduistic/satanistic figures on a journey riddled with biblical symbolism and leukotomic themes, simplicity is probably nice.

Not sure how I'd set Space Voyage apart from regular old "Sci fi space adventures!!!!!!" Outside of feminism (which is only apparent because of the female lead). It's even a bit stereotypical because one of Mona's best character traits is being good in the kitchen.

To quote, "Her heart was in the kitchen / But her soul is in the stars"

Not sure how I'd set Space Voyage apart from regular old "Sci fi space adventures!!!!!!" Outside of feminism (which is only apparent because of the female lead). It's even a bit stereotypical because one of Mona's best character traits is being good in the kitchen.

To quote, "Her heart was in the kitchen / But her soul is in the stars"

You're not trying to write an original masterpiece, you're trying to write something that's 75-ish pages and is enjoyable.

I dig that quote. Go for that. It may be the regular old thing with a female protagonist but if the narration is charming enough it can work.

You're not trying to write an original masterpiece, you're trying to write something that's 75-ish pages and is enjoyable.

I dig that quote. Go for that. It may be the regular old thing with a female protagonist but if the narration is charming enough it can work.

Well, thanks.

I hope I can get by with my weird sense of humor.

Oh yeah, and I'll need to figure out what Othello is all about.

Archived