Totem Towering Dragon (Three Heads are Better than One)

Black D'Sceptyr

Old card that I actually couldn't get out of my mind cause of how adorable it looked gets all grown up?: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Totem_Dragon

Very new on me, I'm sure you're all aware: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/353687-al-lumineityr-because-evolved-card-support-is-so-new-on-me/?hl=al%26%2339%3Blumi

But enjoy it anyway...

totem_towering_dragon_by_bdsceptyr-daj8b

[spoiler=Totem Towering Dragon: Errata]

EARTH/Dragon-Type Synchro Effect Monster/Level 10 2400 ATK/2600 DEF

Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more Normal Summoned non-Tuner monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle, except by battle against a Normal/Flip Summoned monster, or by the card effects of Special Summoned monsters. While you control this Synchro Summoned card, neither player can Tribute Summon monsters using exactly 2 Tributes, also they cannot Fusion or Xyz Summon monsters that require exactly 2 Materials.

...and may the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

BDS, signing off.

UPDATE: Made the protection more...maneuverable, and streamlined the Summoning restrictions. Note what it leaves out wholly now folks.

Well, this card effectively shuts off a lot of common Extra Deck monsters, as nearly every Deck usually goes 2-mat (unless this also applies to stuff like Number 86, which permit more than 2 if you want). I'm going to assume that this card just prohibits strict 2-mat summons (pretty much all common Xyz, and Fusion), and that you can use stuff like 86 and whatever else requires more (a side note that only three Synchros are strict 2-mat; Gishilnodon, Formula Synchron and Recipro Dragonfly, but no one really plays the latter).

As-is, I suppose it can slap Monarchs in the face some more if the new banlist didn't already kill them enough with cutting their key supports; not really sure what other Decks even Tribute Summon nowadays besides them (least in the current meta). But yeah, if the above holds true, it effectively becomes a floodgate except Synchro stuff. Doesn't really stop stuff like Kozmos though or things like HEROs or w/e can use 3+ mats (even Juunishishi can avoid it to some degree). As-is though, it's basically immune to common monsters except aforementioned Monarchs and locks a chunk of the ED from being summoned.

Not really sure what Decks can pull this card's conditions off, but suppose it can be used somewhere. But yeah, Synchros screw this over. 

It's last effect only stops Fusion or Xyz monsters, most if not all Synchro Monster materials say "1 or more non-tuners". As for the rest the card its materials kind of limit you by a good chunk; and honestly their are just better 10s to make, like Leo or hell even Trident Dragon. And it's Stats make it easy to run over with Blue Eyes monsters or Geminis.... It had some potential but it just kinda dies to Synchro Decks.

Archived