Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

Shradow

We are working on a modern version of cult classic Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap! A close collaboration between Lizardcube, DotEmu and legendary series creator Ryuichi Nishizawa, based on Westone Bit Entertainment's original masterpiece.

Cursed into a half-human, half-lizard monstrosity by the Meka-Dragon, a lonesome adventurer is facing the challenge of a lifetime! In search for a cure, our mutated anti-hero will explore the many traps of Monster Land... and defeat many stuff-throwing, curse-wielding dragons.

How many more transformations can one hopeful body survive as it turns into a Lizard, a Mouse, a Piranha, a Lion, and a Hawk... The six different forms of our shape-shifting hero make up the cast of this non-stop action-adventure platformer!

I never played the original (wasn't exactly up for playing video games in 1989), but I love me a good platformer and the game looks amazing, I love the aesthetic.

• 6 months later...

Didn't realize it was out so soon, the release date certainly sneaked up on me. PC version is coming in June. What I find really neat is that you can "input your old Sega Master System passcode to unlock all of your old saves and progression – just how you left them in 1989."

I still have to buy this but I want to feel better about where I am in Persona. I still have Horizon and Nier to finish after that too. And that's assuming I finish all that before Fire Emblem, which is not likely.

Archived