Neon Thresher (The Sword is Mightier than the Horde)

Black D'Sceptyr

neon_thresher_by_bdsceptyr-dajc05z.png

[spoiler=Neon Thresher: Errata]

WIND/Psychic-Type Synchro Pendulum Effect Monster/ Level 6/2500 ATK/1200 DEF

Scales: 9/9

Pendulum Lore: While all the face-up monsters you control are the same Type or Attribute, monsters your opponent controls lose 300 ATK for each of your Pendulum Monsters that is banished or in the Pendulum Zones. If a monster's ATK becomes 0 by this effect, it cannot activate its effects.

Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, if you have 2 or fewer cards in your hand: Draw 1 card for each Psychic-Type monster used as a Material for this card's Synchro Summon (max. 2). Once per turn, during either players' turn, while all the face-up monsters you control are the same Type or Attribute: You can target 1 monster in the Pendulum Zones and 1 other monster on the field with the same original Attribute or Type of the first target; banish both of those targets. When this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed (by battle or card effect): Place it in your Pendulum Zone.

Hard to believe, but even I sometimes amaze myself with how little I do on a daily basis, despite my several-cards-a-day regiment I try to keep up here. I mean, I made these twin Pendulums a while ago....

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/354850-neon-spotter-one-to-spot-one-to-chase-all-to-abuse/?hl=neon

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/353299-neon-chaser-symphonics-and-gustos-and-speedroids-oh-my/?hl=neon

...but nothing for them to build INTO. So as I was busy consulting my notes...suddenly I remembered I had not eaten...like, ALL DAY. And I'd been getting up to do so for several times today, but actively forgot to. 

Question here is, s'that normal? I mean, I wasn't starving or nothing, just...I mean I'm in my 20s, bloody sake did I forget something that much that fast? Probably the shuffleboard I play. Yeah that's it.

Anyways, while I was laughing over that, I started thinking about how a starved monster would react, and came up with...THIS. (well, the Pend effect anyway, the Synchro effect just borrowed from the Neon Sisters before her. 

Enjoy my labored work, and may the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance. 

BDS, signing off...to the Garden Buffet. Don't expect me for..oh, I'd say a week or three. (jk) 

Pendulum Effect: A cool enough scratch effect that will likely net you at least 600, and since Psychics like to banish their sheet a lot, I guess if you're making an archetype of Psychic Pendulums, it could be pretty cool (Unless those already exist, I can be kind of out of the loop when it comes to archetypes). That second part just feels a bit tacked on though. I think the 300 scratch is enough, because your opponent is either going to use high enough level monsters to get around it, or they're going to be using low level monsters that have set up effects. The idea of punishing people who use low level monsters seems like a bad idea overall. I mean Ophion is pretty despised for just picking on high level monsters.

Monster Effect: That draw effect is nice, though I feel it could be taken advantage of by setting your spells/traps. I like that it has a quick-effect to banish your Pendulums though so you can actually place it in the Pendulum Zone when it's destroyed if you like.

While not exactly boss monster material, this definitely feels like a good mid-tier card to help advance your plays. The only thing that's a bit worrisome to me is that it could be possible to perform Delta Accel Synchros with the advent of more low level Synchro Pendulum monsters, however this card is level 6, so unless they start going to level 5's, it shouldn't be a problem.

Pendulum Effect: A cool enough scratch effect that will likely net you at least 600, and since Psychics like to banish their s*** a lot, I guess if you're making an archetype of Psychic Pendulums, it could be pretty cool (Unless those already exist, I can be kind of out of the loop when it comes to archetypes). That second part just feels a bit tacked on though. I think the 300 scratch is enough, because your opponent is either going to use high enough level monsters to get around it, or they're going to be using low level monsters that have set up effects. The idea of punishing people who use low level monsters seems like a bad idea overall. I mean Ophion is pretty despised for just picking on high level monsters.

If you have any suggestions for how to put a better effect on this card, I'm all ears. But the original lore of the other two Neon Monsters (also linked here!) lent themselves to massive utility when used for banishing before a Synchro Summon, so if anything, this Pendulum Effect rewards them for their banishing efforts.

If you have any suggestions for how to put a better effect on this card, I'm all ears. But the original lore of the other two Neon Monsters (also linked here!) lent themselves to massive utility when used for banishing before a Synchro Summon, so if anything, this Pendulum Effect rewards them for their banishing efforts.

Maybe a once per turn monster effect negation by returning 1 banished Psychic Pendulum monster to your Graveyard?

Archived