"Glitch" Set, Meta-Breakers (16/?)

GaaraoftheSand

STORY:

The idea for this came from the fact that there was an "undefined" card in the list for my Card Maker that loads nothing. I decided to make an "undefined" card that seems to nearly break the rules of the game, and that's the idea behind this set. These cards are a "Glitch in the Matrix" of Duel Monsters, something you only see by breaking the game a little. Cards that shouldn't be possible, but through loop-holes in the "code" of the game are.

[spoiler=Monsters]

kGDN909.jpg

rGBmdDz.jpg

IkadF80.jpg

[spoiler=Spells]

8cBzWeq.jpg

jTbMhDx.jpg

bLMpc8m.jpg

HVfG3iB.jpg

MBzo4Iy.jpg

3yJkwip.jpg

[spoiler=Traps]

hEEwHyZ.jpg

snFCw0v.jpg

R2H1B3l.jpg

cYaWaUi.jpg

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

WznzwjN.jpg

OlZCpru.jpg

9hsnrqt.jpg

RULINGS

When I originally posted Undefined as a Single Card, many people questioned the legitimacy of Level 0 Monsters, saying that a Monster cannot be Level 0.

The closest I could find to a rule stating that Level 1 is the lowest Level allowed is on the wikia, stating "In the OCG/TCG, monsters' original Levels can range from 1 to 12" but considering on the very same page it gives Numerous examples of situations where cards can/are Level 0, I am willing to bet this was added a while ago and was only to let readers know that Stars on any card would always be between 1-12, and even that isn't the case anymore.

Even if we assume their listed rule of "In the OCG/TCG, monsters' original Levels can range from 1 to 12" is 100% true and comes straight from the creators of YuGiOh, it still doesn't change anything because

1. It says monster's ORIGINAL LEVEL, meaning before it's changed by a card's effect

2. It says "In the OCG/TCG" however, this isn't the OCG or TCG, this is a site where we make our own rules, and the Card Maker even allows for you to create Level 0 cards

Even without these custom cards, a Level 0 Monster shouldn't be possible, but it is. By using cards like "Level Tuning"  that decrease a Monster's Level, you can get a Level 0 temporarily if you hit the sweet spot of decreasing it just enough. Alternatively, you can use cards like "Copy Plant" that target other Monster's Levels and Copy them, then target an XYZ, which has no Level, turning it into a Level 0. It's gimmicky, it's weird, and in any given situation it's useless, except with these cards.

People may wonder what Access Violation's effect of "destroyed VIA Game Mechanics" means exactly, and a simple explanation is this.

Back when there could only be 1 Field Spell at a time, if a 2nd Field Spell was played, the 1st was destroyed VIA Game Mechanics. This destruction could not be negated, and isn't really even considered "destruction" at all. Similar to how being forced to Discard because of the Hand Limit will not activate Discard effects, destruction VIA Game Mechanics will not activate "When this card is destroyed" effects.

A "Level 0" monster CANNOT happen under any circumstances in Yu-Gi-Oh [TCG/OCG], even if you use Level Tuning on a Level 1 monster, and Xyz monsters are not treated as Level 0.

Also, why the hell are you posting cards with mechanics/concepts that don't even exist in Yu-Gi-Oh (yet) in Advanced Card Design?

Please read the rules.

RULINGS

When I originally posted Undefined as a Single Card, many people questioned the legitimacy of Level 0 Monsters, saying that a Monster cannot be Level 0.

The closest I could find to a rule stating that Level 1 is the lowest Level allowed is on the wikia, stating "In the OCG/TCG, monsters' original Levels can range from 1 to 12" but considering on the very same page it gives Numerous examples of situations where cards can/are Level 0, I am willing to bet this was added a while ago and was only to let readers know that Stars on any card would always be between 1-12, and even that isn't the case anymore.

Even if we assume their listed rule of "In the OCG/TCG, monsters' original Levels can range from 1 to 12" is 100% true and comes straight from the creators of YuGiOh, it still doesn't change anything because
1. It says monster's ORIGINAL LEVEL, meaning before it's changed by a card's effect
2. It says "In the OCG/TCG" however, this isn't the OCG or TCG, this is a site where we make our own rules, and the Card Maker even allows for you to create Level 0 cards

Even without these custom cards, a Level 0 Monster shouldn't be possible, but it is. By using cards like "Level Tuning"  that decrease a Monster's Level, you can get a Level 0 temporarily if you hit the sweet spot of decreasing it just enough. Alternatively, you can use cards like "Copy Plant" that target other Monster's Levels and Copy them, then target an XYZ, which has no Level, turning it into a Level 0. It's gimmicky, it's weird, and in any given situation it's useless, except with these cards.

People may wonder what Access Violation's effect of "destroyed VIA Game Mechanics" means exactly, and a simple explanation is this.
Back when there could only be 1 Field Spell at a time, if a 2nd Field Spell was played, the 1st was destroyed VIA Game Mechanics. This destruction could not be negated, and isn't really even considered "destruction" at all. Similar to how being forced to Discard because of the Hand Limit will not activate Discard effects, destruction VIA Game Mechanics will not activate "When this card is destroyed" effects.

with all due respect.

in my opinion, sometimes line between Advance and Casual/Experiment can be so thin depending on how creative a creator can become.

BUT there a big, obvious Wall that separate those 2 category, 2 in fact. which what i personally call Possible Logical Progression and Meta-Defining. im gonna going (again it seems) with first one

Possible Logical Progression: one effect can be as crazy as its sound and sometimes provide new interaction but in general is still possible to conduct under the current ruling that also compose with proper existing card texts, without violate it. in this case its obviously your Level 0 related effect, as its doesn't exist. even if you create card that does so it will be source of new ruling problem.

i meant in advance multiples there a guy that make its fusion archetype to be able to be special summon again while face-up on field, crazy sounding? yes. possible? well it basically borrow the existing gemini so also yes. same goes to a guy that make Xyz that use material in hand or another guy that make gimmick that force-fed his entire field advantage to "help" your opponent. but at the end of the day those gimmicky never possibly violate any ruling that established by Konami because it base on something that ALREADY FUNCTIONING in the game

things that  ALREADY FUNCTIONING is (take from the same page of wikia you use and properly stated):

1. cards like Ultimaya and F0 is not a default Level 0, its an only esthetic representation that back with logical clause within its text (which eventually state it will be always a Level 12 no matter happens)

2. Xyz and monster summoned from Magical hats don't have levels from the start. this absence cannot be treated as level 0 since its not level at all

A "Level 0" monster CANNOT happen under any circumstances in Yu-Gi-Oh [TCG/OCG], even if you use Level Tuning on a Level 1 monster, and Xyz monsters are not treated as Level 0.

Also, why the hell are you posting cards with mechanics/concepts that don't even exist in Yu-Gi-Oh (yet) in Advanced Card Design?

Please read the rules.

I already explained that a Level 0 is 100% possible, and you provide no proof otherwise besides "Cuz I sed"

"mechanics/concepts that don't even exist in Yu-Gi-Oh"

What are you talking about? The closest to a Mechanic that doesn't exist is the fact that they interact with Level 0 cards

with all due respect.

in my opinion, sometimes line between Advance and Casual/Experiment can be so thin depending on how creative a creator can become.

BUT there a big, obvious Wall that separate those 2 category, 2 in fact. which what i personally call Possible Logical Progression and Meta-Defining. im gonna going (again it seems) with first one

Possible Logical Progression: one effect can be as crazy as its sound and sometimes provide new interaction but in general is still possible to conduct under the current ruling that also compose with proper existing card texts, without violate it. in this case its obviously your Level 0 related effect, as its doesn't exist. even if you create card that does so it will be source of new ruling problem.

i meant in advance multiples there a guy that make its fusion archetype to be able to be special summon again while face-up on field, crazy sounding? yes. possible? well it basically borrow the existing gemini so also yes. same goes to a guy that make Xyz that use material in hand or another guy that make gimmick that force-fed his entire field advantage to "help" your opponent. but at the end of the day those gimmicky never possibly violate any ruling that established by Konami because it base on something that ALREADY FUNCTIONING in the game

things that  ALREADY FUNCTIONING is (take from the same page of wikia you use and properly stated):

1. cards like Ultimaya and F0 is not a default Level 0, its an only esthetic representation that back with logical clause within its text (which eventually state it will be always a Level 12 no matter happens)

2. Xyz and monster summoned from Magical hats don't have levels from the start. this absence cannot be treated as level 0 since its not level at all

Once again, the wiki states "In the OCG/TCG, monsters' original Levels can range from 1 to 12." This is the closest you will get to any rule regarding Level 0's anywhere, and once again, all it says is that a Monster's ORIGINAL Level can range from 1 to 12. No where does it say that you cannot CHANGE a Monster's Level to 0.

"it base on something that ALREADY FUNCTIONING in the game" This is based on something already in the game, it's based on changing a Monster's Level to a specific number.

"1. cards like Ultimaya and F0 is not a default Level 0, its an only esthetic representation that back with logical clause within its text (which eventually state it will be always a Level 12 no matter happens)" I never said they were? And also, that's wrong. If it's effect box didn't say so, it WOULD be Level 0, even if it's only Level 0 for Aesthetic purposes. The fact that they would make a card with 0 Level stars, and list on the card it's actual Level proves that Level 0 is possible.

"Xyz and monster summoned from Magical hats don't have levels from the start. this absence cannot be treated as level 0 since its not level at all" Exactly. There is no level, but cards still have effects such as "Target 1 Monster. All card's Level become that card's Level."

Since the card does not say "Target a Monster with a Level" targeting an XYZ is 100% possible, since it meets the single requirement of being a Monster. But then, what happens to the other card? It's a logical fallacy, the only thing that makes sense is to give them "No" Level, Level 0. Which is the entire point of this set.

Well yes, Level 0 (and by extension, Rank 0) does exist on those two cards, but also recall that all of those cards have conditions that always treat them as a certain Level / Rank. As far as real life applications go, you can't make a card Level 0; hence why this got moved to Experimental. (I'll assume Black did this one, because I know I moved the one with the Xyz alone).

I love how people are attacking, claiming that Level 0 doesn't exist in Yu-Gi-Oh and that his cards are not allowed to bring up effects not present in the current edition of YGO. He literally says at the beginning of this post "These cards are a "Glitch in the Matrix" of Duel Monsters, something you only see by breaking the game a little. Cards that shouldn't be possible, but through loop-holes in the "code" of the game are." Yeah, Level 0 may not be technically accurate, but these cards were made with glitching and game breaks in mind. I personally think this idea is wicked cool. I would totally play a glitch/Level 0 deck if it ever saw light. Great job, GaaraoftheSand!

I feel obliged to review this.

Why is Null a Spirit monster? I mean, maybe it fits in the lore (intended idea) of the archetype, but I really don't see anything other than that. The last effect is far too generic, though, basically making every discarding/banish card +1. Allure? Return this. Twin Twisters? Return this. I honestly don't know how well it would do in terms of splashing, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to abuse this.

Unstable needs a (rounded up) or (rounded down) in its first effect. Speaking of both level decreasing effects, I'm almost 100% sure that it's impossible to get a Level 0 monster that way. Don't get me wrong, I still like the idea of Level 0 monsters, but if you're going to find a way to get to Level 0, you're going to have to try and circumvent the rules against that Konami has already put into place.

Now, for my argument against your statements:

[spoiler=Large response]The closest I could find to a rule stating that Level 1 is the lowest Level allowed is on the wikia, stating "In the OCG/TCG, monsters' original Levels can range from 1 to 12" but considering on the very same page it gives Numerous examples of situations where cards can/are Level 0, I am willing to bet this was added a while ago and was only to let readers know that Stars on any card would always be between 1-12, and even that isn't the case anymore.

Above that statement on the page is mentioned how those Synchro cards with a "Level" of 0 have Level Conditions instead of a written Level. This restriction constantly applies regardless of where the monster is, whether its effects are negated, or whatever (see Cyber Harpie Lady). There are many people still asking this question, and quite a few people who are GREATLY familiar with the workings of YGO are answering them that a monster's level cannot go below 0. They probably know more than I do and than you do in these matters, judging from your card text. The page is updated regularly, so if there was a change, if it was actually possible, someone would adjust it. In fact, if you think so, why don't you adjust it yourself? See how long it takes before someone changes it back.

Even if we assume their listed rule of "In the OCG/TCG, monsters' original Levels can range from 1 to 12" is 100% true and comes straight from the creators of YuGiOh

Assumed because it does. Not the wikia page, but the ruling itself.

it still doesn't change anything because
1. It says monster's ORIGINAL LEVEL, meaning before it's changed by a card's effect.

From that same wikia page: "In the OCG and TCG, monsters cannot have a Level lower than 1, but card effects can freely raise a monster's Level to arbitrarily large values in excess of 12." You seem to be ignoring parts of the page that don't support it.

2. It says "In the OCG/TCG" however, this isn't the OCG or TCG, this is a site where we make our own rules, and the Card Maker even allows for you to create Level 0 cards.

Yes, you can make Level 0 cards. That's why there is an experimental section, I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS. What I do have a problem with is changing the rules of the game to fit your custom archetype. We do "make our own rules" but we do not CHANGE the rules, because this is a Yu-Gi-Oh site, with discussions about the meta and so on in terms of an archetype. if you adjust the game, you're basically making your own, and I am not willing to deal with that.

Even without these custom cards, a Level 0 Monster shouldn't be possible, but it is.

Just because a Level 0 monster hasn't been done, doesn't meant it is impossible. THERE ARE NO LEVEL 0 MONSTERS IN YGO. The reason F0 doesn't have a Rank is because Rank is tied to material, and F0 is Summoned differently (in any case it would be Rank 0 not Level 0). The same is true with the Synchros, except in this case the Level is tied to the material. You are free to experiment with something new, just don't adjust the rest of the game to fit it. Adjust you idea to fit the game.

By using cards like "Level Tuning" that decrease a Monster's Level, you can get a Level 0 temporarily if you hit the sweet spot of decreasing it just enough. 

Not possible. See any bunch of questions on the subject.

Alternatively, you can use cards like "Copy Plant" that target other Monster's Levels and Copy them, then target an XYZ, which has no Level, turning it into a Level 0. It's gimmicky, it's weird, and in any given situation it's useless, except with these cards.

*sigh* Look, I'll try one more time. Xyz Monsters do not have Levels. This is not the same as saying they have 0 ATK. When you Special Summon a Spell/Trap card, you have to GIVE IT an ATK and DEF of 0, not just Special Summon it. It's not assumed that just because it has no ATK and DEF that it has 0 ATK and DEF. YGO Simulators are built with rules from the game. Have you ever tried to do that in them? it doesn't work. Try it in YGOPro or DevPro, or heck, even an official Konami game. YOU CAN'T DO IT. In fact, test most of these things out in an official Konami game like Tag Force or something. YOU CAN'T DO IT.

Also, I can't believe you arguing with people who are much more experienced in the game than you are. I can understand arguing with me, because I just got it from them, but they've been involved with rulings for ages.

Anyway, moving on.

Rule maker is a Vanity's Fiend with less ATK that can also be a Thunder King Rai-Oh. Not worth it, if I wanted to have either effect, I would run either of the previous two. Very rarely would a deck be not hurt by both no searching and no SSing, and the decks which aren't are too bad to even be considered a threat. Even if your deck can do with one and without the other, that's still a 50% deck that you're hurting yourself badly.

So, Upload is a weaker Sarcophagus. Not much else to say there.

Buffer is a free negate for a Spell/Trap card, and for on Summon monster effects and the like. When they return to the field, their effects don't go off again, and in the case of Spell/Trap cards, unless they are Continuous or a Field Spell, they go straight to the Graveyard. Also, is it three turns (including mine) or 3 of my opponent's turns? No matter what, far too strong and generic. The first effect being weak does nothing to counteract this.

So, peek allows you to view your opponent's hand at any time, at the cost that they can Normal Summon anything in their hand? Nice. Levels reset once they enter the field unless otherwise specified, so they can still Synchro/Xyz Summon. This card isn't really that bad at all. Nice work her- Actually I just realized they can't Pendulum Summon. So, this is the anti-Pendulum card. No thanks, side this card in any deck why don't ya.

New Code is an interesting card, that I still kind of like. Why do you play it in your opponent's Field Zone? So that you can replace their Field Spell Card without destroying it? Not a fan of that, but I do love the idea of the effect.

ReCoded makes sense. Xyz Monsters finally get a Level, but this does bring up a question I completely forgot I wanted to ask earlier. What happens if you Synchro Summon with a Level 0 monster? As in, can you Synchro Summon a Level 5 monster with a Level 2, 3 and 0 monster?

With Download, I think the first effect should have a discard of 1. Otherwise, nice idea, I guess. Not much else to say really, as Exchange was the closest thing we had to this.

Nothing to say on Rollback. Far too extreme and generic for me to even consider doing something with. I feel that that should be dumped, in all honesty.

Can you explain what the last part of "/kill" means? "even in the grave" Anyway, the last effect is a little harsh, I think. You don't need that lose a duel thing, as it would probably scare off any reason to run it in a deck. As for "this does not count as targeting" you just have to say "negate the effects of a face-up monster on the field, and destroy it." as that doesn't target.

As for destruction via Game Mechanics, there are some flaws in your argument. Discarding from your hand at the end phase of your turn DOES activate discard effects (See Fabled Cerburrel). It just won't activate cards which say "when this card is discarded by a card effect" . Similarly, your destruction by game mechanics WILL NOT activate "when this card is destroyed (by battle or) by a card effect:" but it will activate "when this card is destroyed:" . Also, in the original days, if you had a Field Spell, and your opponent activate one, yours would be destroyed, but that rule was revoked two years ago. The only rule that still remains is that when a Field Spell is placed in your Zone while you already have one, your old one will be sent to the Graveyard, not destroyed. On that note, Access Violation is an alright card. Perhaps a HOPT clause on it?

Void, ignoring some of the mistakes you've done earlier, is a cool card. This is what I want with Level 0 monsters. Not outright breaking game mechanics, but adjusting with them. Nice work.

"every time a card on the field is level 0" What on earth does this mean? The card does a nice prohibition, if a bit strong, considering it not only kills the meta BUT ANYTHING YOUR OPPONENT PLAYS, and all you need is two Level 0 monsters to Summon it, rendering it splashable EVEN IN THE META. On another note, at least it doesn't touch your opponent's Extra Deck, and I must say, great take on Synchro Summoning with Level 0 monsters. I really want to make my own take on Level 0 now.

Already talked about the Xyz.

Looks, I love the idea. I love the concept. I really think you can go somewhere with this, but only if you just listen to input and become willing to change your ideas to fit the current game. Best of luck in the future!

(Also, I'm probably going to try my hand at it. With credit, ofc.)

Very late response here.

I already explained that a Level 0 is 100% possible, and you provide no proof otherwise besides "Cuz I sed"

[spoiler=Proof]http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Level

If you can read, you will see that the wikia also stated that monsters cannot have a Level lower than 1 in TCG/OCG.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rank

The wikia also stated that An Xyz Monster's Rank is not its Level; Xyz Monsters do not have a Level. Consequently, Xyz Monsters cannot be used for Synchro, Ritual, or Xyz Summons (unless specifically permitted); and any effects that would refer to the Level of a monster, such as those of "Gravity Bind", "Level Limit - Area B" and "Burden of the Mighty", cannot be applied to an Xyz Monster. Since Xyz Monsters do not have Levels, cards such as "Star Changer", "Scanner" and "Give and Take" cannot be used on them at all. Cards that modify Levels such as "Harmonic Waves", "Feedback Warrior", "Synchro Boost" and "Demotion" also cannot be used on Xyz Monsters.

What are you talking about? The closest to a Mechanic that doesn't exist is the fact that they interact with Level 0 cards

Which is why this thread got moved to Experimental Card Design.

I feel obliged to review this.

Why is Null a Spirit monster? I mean, maybe it fits in the lore (intended idea) of the archetype, but I really don't see anything other than that. The last effect is far too generic, though, basically making every discarding/banish card +1. Allure? Return this. Twin Twisters? Return this. I honestly don't know how well it would do in terms of splashing, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to abuse this.

Unstable needs a (rounded up) or (rounded down) in its first effect. Speaking of both level decreasing effects, I'm almost 100% sure that it's impossible to get a Level 0 monster that way. Don't get me wrong, I still like the idea of Level 0 monsters, but if you're going to find a way to get to Level 0, you're going to have to try and circumvent the rules against that Konami has already put into place.

Now, for my argument against your statements:

[spoiler=Large response]The closest I could find to a rule stating that Level 1 is the lowest Level allowed is on the wikia, stating "In the OCG/TCG, monsters' original Levels can range from 1 to 12" but considering on the very same page it gives Numerous examples of situations where cards can/are Level 0, I am willing to bet this was added a while ago and was only to let readers know that Stars on any card would always be between 1-12, and even that isn't the case anymore.

Above that statement on the page is mentioned how those Synchro cards with a "Level" of 0 have Level Conditions instead of a written Level. This restriction constantly applies regardless of where the monster is, whether its effects are negated, or whatever (see Cyber Harpie Lady). There are many people still asking this question, and quite a few people who are GREATLY familiar with the workings of YGO are answering them that a monster's level cannot go below 0. They probably know more than I do and than you do in these matters, judging from your card text. The page is updated regularly, so if there was a change, if it was actually possible, someone would adjust it. In fact, if you think so, why don't you adjust it yourself? See how long it takes before someone changes it back.

Even if we assume their listed rule of "In the OCG/TCG, monsters' original Levels can range from 1 to 12" is 100% true and comes straight from the creators of YuGiOh

Assumed because it does. Not the wikia page, but the ruling itself.

it still doesn't change anything because

1. It says monster's ORIGINAL LEVEL, meaning before it's changed by a card's effect.

From that same wikia page: "In the OCG and TCG, monsters cannot have a Level lower than 1, but card effects can freely raise a monster's Level to arbitrarily large values in excess of 12." You seem to be ignoring parts of the page that don't support it.

2. It says "In the OCG/TCG" however, this isn't the OCG or TCG, this is a site where we make our own rules, and the Card Maker even allows for you to create Level 0 cards.

Yes, you can make Level 0 cards. That's why there is an experimental section, I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS. What I do have a problem with is changing the rules of the game to fit your custom archetype. We do "make our own rules" but we do not CHANGE the rules, because this is a Yu-Gi-Oh site, with discussions about the meta and so on in terms of an archetype. if you adjust the game, you're basically making your own, and I am not willing to deal with that.

Even without these custom cards, a Level 0 Monster shouldn't be possible, but it is.

Just because a Level 0 monster hasn't been done, doesn't meant it is impossible. THERE ARE NO LEVEL 0 MONSTERS IN YGO. The reason F0 doesn't have a Rank is because Rank is tied to material, and F0 is Summoned differently (in any case it would be Rank 0 not Level 0). The same is true with the Synchros, except in this case the Level is tied to the material. You are free to experiment with something new, just don't adjust the rest of the game to fit it. Adjust you idea to fit the game.

By using cards like "Level Tuning" that decrease a Monster's Level, you can get a Level 0 temporarily if you hit the sweet spot of decreasing it just enough. 

Not possible. See any bunch of questions on the subject.

Alternatively, you can use cards like "Copy Plant" that target other Monster's Levels and Copy them, then target an XYZ, which has no Level, turning it into a Level 0. It's gimmicky, it's weird, and in any given situation it's useless, except with these cards.

*sigh* Look, I'll try one more time. Xyz Monsters do not have Levels. This is not the same as saying they have 0 ATK. When you Special Summon a Spell/Trap card, you have to GIVE IT an ATK and DEF of 0, not just Special Summon it. It's not assumed that just because it has no ATK and DEF that it has 0 ATK and DEF. YGO Simulators are built with rules from the game. Have you ever tried to do that in them? it doesn't work. Try it in YGOPro or DevPro, or heck, even an official Konami game. YOU CAN'T DO IT. In fact, test most of these things out in an official Konami game like Tag Force or something. YOU CAN'T DO IT.

Also, I can't believe you arguing with people who are much more experienced in the game than you are. I can understand arguing with me, because I just got it from them, but they've been involved with rulings for ages.

Anyway, moving on.

Rule maker is a Vanity's Fiend with less ATK that can also be a Thunder King Rai-Oh. Not worth it, if I wanted to have either effect, I would run either of the previous two. Very rarely would a deck be not hurt by both no searching and no SSing, and the decks which aren't are too bad to even be considered a threat. Even if your deck can do with one and without the other, that's still a 50% deck that you're hurting yourself badly.

So, Upload is a weaker Sarcophagus. Not much else to say there.

Buffer is a free negate for a Spell/Trap card, and for on Summon monster effects and the like. When they return to the field, their effects don't go off again, and in the case of Spell/Trap cards, unless they are Continuous or a Field Spell, they go straight to the Graveyard. Also, is it three turns (including mine) or 3 of my opponent's turns? No matter what, far too strong and generic. The first effect being weak does nothing to counteract this.

So, peek allows you to view your opponent's hand at any time, at the cost that they can Normal Summon anything in their hand? Nice. Levels reset once they enter the field unless otherwise specified, so they can still Synchro/Xyz Summon. This card isn't really that bad at all. Nice work her- Actually I just realized they can't Pendulum Summon. So, this is the anti-Pendulum card. No thanks, side this card in any deck why don't ya.

New Code is an interesting card, that I still kind of like. Why do you play it in your opponent's Field Zone? So that you can replace their Field Spell Card without destroying it? Not a fan of that, but I do love the idea of the effect.

ReCoded makes sense. Xyz Monsters finally get a Level, but this does bring up a question I completely forgot I wanted to ask earlier. What happens if you Synchro Summon with a Level 0 monster? As in, can you Synchro Summon a Level 5 monster with a Level 2, 3 and 0 monster?

With Download, I think the first effect should have a discard of 1. Otherwise, nice idea, I guess. Not much else to say really, as Exchange was the closest thing we had to this.

Nothing to say on Rollback. Far too extreme and generic for me to even consider doing something with. I feel that that should be dumped, in all honesty.

Can you explain what the last part of "/kill" means? "even in the grave" Anyway, the last effect is a little harsh, I think. You don't need that lose a duel thing, as it would probably scare off any reason to run it in a deck. As for "this does not count as targeting" you just have to say "negate the effects of a face-up monster on the field, and destroy it." as that doesn't target.

As for destruction via Game Mechanics, there are some flaws in your argument. Discarding from your hand at the end phase of your turn DOES activate discard effects (See Fabled Cerburrel). It just won't activate cards which say "when this card is discarded by a card effect" . Similarly, your destruction by game mechanics WILL NOT activate "when this card is destroyed (by battle or) by a card effect:" but it will activate "when this card is destroyed:" . Also, in the original days, if you had a Field Spell, and your opponent activate one, yours would be destroyed, but that rule was revoked two years ago. The only rule that still remains is that when a Field Spell is placed in your Zone while you already have one, your old one will be sent to the Graveyard, not destroyed. On that note, Access Violation is an alright card. Perhaps a HOPT clause on it?

Void, ignoring some of the mistakes you've done earlier, is a cool card. This is what I want with Level 0 monsters. Not outright breaking game mechanics, but adjusting with them. Nice work.

"every time a card on the field is level 0" What on earth does this mean? The card does a nice prohibition, if a bit strong, considering it not only kills the meta BUT ANYTHING YOUR OPPONENT PLAYS, and all you need is two Level 0 monsters to Summon it, rendering it splashable EVEN IN THE META. On another note, at least it doesn't touch your opponent's Extra Deck, and I must say, great take on Synchro Summoning with Level 0 monsters. I really want to make my own take on Level 0 now.

Already talked about the Xyz.

Looks, I love the idea. I love the concept. I really think you can go somewhere with this, but only if you just listen to input and become willing to change your ideas to fit the current game. Best of luck in the future!

(Also, I'm probably going to try my hand at it. With credit, ofc.)

The point of making Null a Spirit monster, storywise, was that it's supposed to be a temporary Error that quickly fixes itself. Gameplay-wise, it prevent Null from being Special Summoned to quickly get out the Level 0 Extra Deck Monsters, as well a preventing Null from being usable as a re-useable shield from a monster's attack (Summon, killed, to hand, summon, killed, and so on)

Null is sort of a "High risk high reward" card. It's single use would be summoning Level 0 Extra Deck monsters easily, but once you draw Null, it's basically a permanent -1 Hand Limit.

You're right about Unstable, but the comp I'm currently on doesn't work well with this site for some reason, so I can' make any edits currently.

I also can't expand Spoiler lists on this comp for some reason

There's nothing wrong with it being a worse version of other cards, not every Custom Card needs to be an upgraded version of any similar cards.

I should re-word Buffer to make it clear that any spells/traps activated will be re-activated once they come back, but I'll need to be on my other comp for that.

I didn't even think of Pendulums, but why would they need to Pendulum Summon, when they can freely summon any of the monsters anyway? All it would do against Pendulum decks is decrease the number of summons per turn.

New Code is playable in your opponent's Field zone so that you can have up to 2 of the new "Rules" in effect at the same time.

Yeah, you can basically tack on a Level 0 to a Sychro Summon, but since it has no Level to add, it has little effect.

Again, good points for Download/Rollback but can't change anything currently.

For /kill, the "Even in the grave" is based on a Sea-Serpent card my friend would always use that had pretty much that exact sentence in it's effect. It means effects like "If this card is in the graveyard, (blah blah)" can't be activated.

"every time a card on the field is level 0" means that if a Level 0 card is summoned, or if a card becomes Level 0 through some kind of effect, The Meta gets a counter. It can destroy anything your Opponent plays, at the cost of 1000 ATK, making itself much easier to destroy by battle.

You say it's Splashable, but the only way it's viable in any form is if your deck is built around creating Level 0's. You can't summon it, or use it's effect without a good amount of Level 0's

I assume you talked about the XYZ in your spoiler that I can't open

Archived