[Written] Eternal Sunlight Unicorn

OverlordRafflesia

Hey guys! This is my first post here on YCM. This one is made for my good friend TheEternalUnicorn/Rank-UpUnicorn. I got the idea from his Beast decks, a lot of which use cards like Assault Dog and Chain Dog. This card is to made to help the Rank 4 variant of the deck, although it could help the Synchro variants too. Its an upgrade of sorts for Sunlight Unicorn. (his profile pic)

Eternal Sunlight Unicorn

Level 4

LIGHT Beast Effect

ATK 1800 DEF 1000

Once per turn, you can look at card(s) from the top of your Deck, equal to the number of Beast-Type monsters you control; reveal and add 1 Equip Spell card or Beast-Type monster from those card(s) to your hand, then shuffle the rest into the Deck. If this card is sent to the Graveyard; you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Beast-Type monster from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of “Eternal Sunlight Unicorn” once per turn.

So yeah guys. Let me know your thoughts.

I'm not too sure how often Beast decks use Equips nowadays, but getting a free search for a Beast of choice is nice; though one concern is that its effect is a soft OPT and does not stop you from using another copy (if you can do so). OG Sunlight is fine, since it only gets one excavation per turn and you'll have to chance it. For this card, you have a greater chance of finding what you want; mostly Beast-Type monsters.

Then again, the float effect is also pretty nice (least this one has a hard OPT so you can't repeatedly revive itself).

In all though, it does look like something that would be worth running in Beast decks. I would probably advise putting a hard OPT on both effects, given the first one's capacity to search a lot more than OG ever did.

(Not like Ruka/Luna would be able to use this much if she ever got a cameo later on...)

Hey Sakura sorry for the late reply,

Yeah thanks for the advice, I will probably change both effects to be a hard OPT, otherwise it could be abusable.

The equip spell option is only there to reference the original Sunlight Unicorn, but even so, I'm most likely going to keep it.

I'm going to make more beast-related cards, as they're one of my favourite types in the game ^_^

Archived