Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions

• 2 months later...

The movie is coming January 27th, and like Slayers Revolution this company Nas managed to get the original VA's back together for this new movie. They still got it after over a decade. It's all right here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-03/yu-gi-oh-the-dark-side-of-dimensions-film-3rd-trailer-previews-english-dub/.110587

[spoiler Ahem]

Usually, when I post links like this I expect people to go there, read the article then give me their thoughts on it.

So discuss.

[spoiler Ahem]

Usually, when I post links like this I expect people to go there, read the article then give me their thoughts on it.

I didn't need to click the link after watching the sneak peek clip on YT the other day a work.

I went into the clip and was like "I wonder how bad/good Grandpa's new voice will be."

I didn't need to click the link after watching the sneak peek clip on YT the other day a work.

I went into the clip and was like "I wonder how bad/good Grandpa's new voice will be."

You may have forgotten, or remembered, that Maddie Blaustein was dead so they had to get a new voice, and Wayne Grayson, the guy who voiced Joey, seemed the closest in tone. So it's not that noticable. It worked in Bonds Beyond Time, so why not do it again?

[spoiler children]

At first I thought the children were mind controlled but no, they are the spirits of dead children.

You may have forgotten, or remembered, that Maddie Blaustein was dead so they had to get a new voice, and Wayne Grayson seemed the closest in tone. So it's not that noticable. It worked in Bonds Beyond Time, so why not do it again?

I couldn't remember how Grandpa sounded in BBT, but I knew that Maddie was dead, so yeah.

• 5 months later...

[spoiler=Okay I've seen the movie and]

Did Kaiba just transcend time and space to the funking afterlife to duel Atem in a children's card game?

Holy sheet.

Or was it ancient Egypt? Did he time travel? I know it looked like Egypt, but it's possible that was Atem's personal afterlife, we did see his priests and family greet him as soon as he walked through the door at the end of Yugioh. And he smiled at Kaiba, this out-of-place weird future alien dude casually strolling into the throne room. So he obviously recognized him.

Crazy, man.

Aside from that, the duels were quick and intense. Visuals were insane, like I was blown away by the amount of effort they exerted here. Story was fine, it was just mainly good to see the crew again. And interesting tidbit added to Bakura's background with his dad, I felt like the film did a decent job of juggling all the different players in the cast. Joey may have gotten gipped a bit, but small complaint.

Most importantly, it felt like Yugioh. 8/10 for me.

Archived