[Leaderboard] - Rainbow Quasar vs CuriousHeartless (Voting)

Abdelrahman

Rules:

▪ All Leaderboard rules apply

▪ Best of 3 votes, or most votes by deadline wins.

▪ All voters must elaborate on their votes.

▪ Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they refuse the vote.

▪ You are permitted to vote C if you do not feel that either card deserves to win by virtue of design.

▪ Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.

▪ Non-Written cards will be converted into written format to ensure anonymity.

▪ Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.

▪ In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

▪ The deadline for entries is 2 days after accepting a challenger.

▪ The contest ends 3 days after the cards are uploaded.

▪ In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:

▪ The winner gets a rep from the loser.

▪ All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirements:

▪ Make a card for any existing Archetype.

Entries:

[spoiler=Card A]Juunishishi Lateli

EARTH / Level 4

Beast-Warrior/Effect

If a "Juunishishi" monster you control is destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then if that monster was destroyed by battle, end the Battle Phase. You can only activate this effect of "Juunishishi Lateli" once per turn. An Xyz Monster whose original Type is Beast-Warrior with this card as Xyz Material gains this effect.

● If this card would be destroyed by an opponent's card (by battle or card effect): You can detach 1 "Juunishishi Lateli" from this card; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Juunishishi" Xyz Monster by using this card as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to this card also become Xyz Material on that monster.)

1000/1000

[spoiler=Card B]Speedroid Kenoko

WIND / Level 4

Machine/Effect

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. During the End Phase, if this card was destroyed by battle or card effect this turn: You can Special Summon 1 Level 3 "Speedroid" monster from your Deck. You can only use the effect of "Speedroid Kenoko" once per turn.

2000/1500

While I try to figure out what animal card A is supposed to be (from the final three), let's look at what it does. It's basically a free SS if another Zodiac Beast (because translations like to refer to Juunishishi as such, I'll be using this term for the purpose of this review) is destroyed, and basically a Battle Fader of sorts if said monster dies, which is nice if you run out of mats and/or have low stat members out. It's also a technical Xyz Change that lets you go into any Zodiac Beast Xyz you want, so one could go into Drancia from the others and pop something with it. From test runs, I haven't necessarily had the Xyz members at low stats most of the time, but at the very least, it can help them become less vulnerable when they do.

Card B is another Level 4 option for Speedroids (or whatever Deck that uses them as a side engine) to use, if Puzzle doesn't work. The piercing isn't too special, but at the very least, it can float into Terrortop or Taketomborg if it dies (mostly former if you have copies left), which is nice. You can still SS the other stuff too (Ohajikid, Denden Daikou, Tri-Eyed Dice), but I mentioned Terrortop for search purposes. Stat-wise, it's fine. I'll admit it's also a generic 4 for Decks that can make it, but you just get a 2k piercer.

---

Card A: Free summon upon the destruction of another Zodiac Beast / ends Battle Phase if it was battle destruction; permits user to Xyz Change during the opponent's turn by detaching it.

Card B: Pierces and lets you float into Terrortop / Taketomborg (or the other 3s) during the End Phase.

---

Both of these cards are good for their respective Decks, but A does give ZBs another way to keep your field up and switch out monsters when you need to; that, and protecting your LP from getting run over if your Xyz bosses don't have mats to fuel them / they end up dying.

Voting for A in this case (it's something they can use), however, as I mentioned above, B is a nice generic 4, but its EP effect is basically there to add more searches off Terrortop and the like (from how I see this card).

Archived