Photo

Sceptyr's Support: SPYRAL Supremacy (12/12)

* * * * * 1 votes SPYRAL monster spell trap reveal destruction boss Summon mission

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Black D'Sceptyr

Black D'Sceptyr

The Aspect-Advent Author

• Postseason Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
    Last Visit Today, 09:50 AM
  • Discord:https://discord.gg/DzHf9s3
Mission Statement time.

Let's begin the statement then, starting with the story of the cat-burglar-slash-double agent of SPYRAL, the Scarlet Sneak.

spyral_scarlet_sneak_by_bdsceptyr-dajxx0

SPYRAL Scarlet Sneak: Errata

The short version of her story anyways. Long version involves a host of broken hearts, failed chances at legitness, a certain eye for thievery, and a stroke of luck to happen upon a merciful Master Plan when an attempt to nick her wallet went awry.

Now, I think you know of the Rogue Rebel, do you not?

If not, scroll and don't stop.

anti_spyral_rogue_rival_by_bdsceptyr-dai

Anti-SPYRAL Rogue Rival

Tl:dr version of Rogue Rival's tale: SPYRAL Super Agent's brother kinda had a falling out with him. So severe that he hopped in the pocket of the Anti-SPYRAL-an organization that saw the power SPYRAL wielded as a threat to the stability of the world, and so set out to crush it. With their own brand of technology. And no, this is not in any way in reference to any anime whatsoever and anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.

Okay, now that that little recap is done, let's turn to a more serious tack-namely, the rest of the Anti-SPYRAL alliance. 

First is their premier member, the traitorous, devious, all-around mischievous, Turn Coat Tommy!

turn_coat_tommy_by_bdsceptyr-dak3tha.png

Turn Coat Tommy: Errata

Once the mechanic of SPYRAL, Quik Fix's rapid passing through the ranks set him off, and after a botched assignment nearly got the Super Agent in serious trouble, he took most of Quik Fix's more exotic gadgets and switched to the Anti-SPYRAL alliance. With the tech of SPYRAL running along his body, and venomous blood running through his veins, it's often questionable where the malevolent machine ends and the bitter backstabber begins.

To find out who his new running mate is, simply look up. (Not on this page, mind you. You look down.)

anti_spyral_mission_ender_by_bdsceptyr-d

Anti-SPYRAL MISSION Ender: Errata

Its not easy being sleazy, especially in the arms dealing business-one being cut into by the intrepid entries of SPYRAL. One such man decided to make being sleazy easy again, saddled with the best tech of his ravaged PMC, to do to SPYRAL's missions what they had done to his livelihood. As a bodyguard of the Anti-SPYRALs, the newfound purpose of the "MISSION Ender" is simply that: to protect the Anti-SPYRALs and serve their estranged tormentors in SPYRAL a heavy dose of lead, pain and inevitable termination. In short, his dream is SPYRAL's nightmare. 

To get an idea of just what the Anti-SPYRALs do...well, why bother telling, when one can show:

anti_spyral_mission___bankruption_by_bds

Anti-SPYRAL MISSION - Bankruption: Errata

Because, with respect to our faraway friends in DS9, an Anti-SPYRAL without profit is no Anti-SPYRAL at all. In addition to forwarding the end of SPYRAL, the A.S.A. wishes to do it in style - and will polish the knives of their dastardly deeds on any bank, computer system, or vehicle unlucky enough to be in their way or catch their eye. Who's gonna stop 'em? SPYRAL? The group that didn't exist? And soon, never would? 

And on that subject of Anti-SPYRAL weaponry...

anti_spyral_gear___corruption_clip_by_bd

Anti-SPYRAL GEAR - Corruption Clip: Errata

For when plugging in and playing stops being for console games and starts being for the brains of entire secret organizations. You know, the natural escalation of life.

Continuing on...here's a familiar tale to any who've known love...

anti_spyral_counter_suit_by_bdsceptyr-da

Anti-SPYRAL Counter Suit: Errata

Boy meets girl. Girl becomes obsessed with getting the boy. Boy joins SPYRAL and becomes its banner operative. Girl gets jealous. Girl sees Boy being served by (Charming Resort) Staff. Girl goes crazy-pants. Girl joins anti-espionage criminal sect to get the boy again-this time in a hearse. The End. For now. (Obviously she hasn't succeeded.) (Yet.)

To continue the Anti-SPYRAL lineup, one now must turn to its elite. First up is their home base, known simply (to those that deserve to) as the...

anti_spyral_network_by_bdsceptyr-dakru0j

Anti-SPYRAL Network: Errata

And really, Network is the best way to describe this place, because with all the [INFORMATION CLASSIFIED] located there, the Network easily maintains a stranglehold over the [INFORMATION CLASSIFIED]. Even the SPYRAL Resort is barely keeping ahead of the Anti-SPYRAL Network-especially in the fields of [REDACTED].

The second elitist within the Anti-SPYRAL network, however, is a more familiar-and similarily estranged-face:

anti_spyral_rebel_rouser_by_bdsceptyr-da

Anti-SPYRAL Rebel Rouser: Errata

This mysterious co-leader of the Anti-SPYRALs fashioned herself, after her promotion, into the spitting image of the SPYRAL's Master Plan-only the Rebel Rouser saw fit to try and improve on the original. Where the Master Plan directs, the Rebel Rouser dictates. Where the Plan works on strategy and execution, Double R relied on allure and intimidation. One could be mistaken for associating the Rebel Rouse with the word 'strongarm' in how she got her iron fist around the criminal element to marshal against SPYRAL, considering her light figure. One would then soon be introduced to the wrong exit of a fast-moving jet for that mistake. And if they were lucky, they'd be deceased beforehand.

Apology accepted, indeed. Your move, Vader.

But I digress. For now, we turn to the (co)head honcho of the Anti-SPYRAL Association.

anti_spyral_boss_rush_by_bdsceptyr-dakrl

Anti-SPYRAL Boss Rush: Errata

Rush was himself a small-time general of grunts, under the pressure of SPYRAL. But he, unlike his less unfortunate partners in crime, adapted to the crisis at hand. Forming a triumvirate with both the Rogue Rival and the Rebel Rouser, he built up an entire enterprise from the scraps of the various cabals that SPYRAL had sunk, and fostered the Anti-SPYRALs to combat the spy organization. Now Boss Rush stands on top for the vagabond's throne, and seeks nothing less than the total destruction of SPYRAL-the organization he felt would ruin the world in its attempt to monitor it.

Continuing on with the set, we come to the newest bit of experimental tech from the offices of Quik Fix.

spyral_gear___quik_silver_by_bdsceptyr-d

SPYRAL GEAR - Quik Silver: Errata

A handy little tool for those hard to reach enemies  MISSION Enders entire locales trapping Super Agent places.

And finally, but finally, the original card that started it all, the reposted aerial getaway option, the E.S. Cape Chute!

last_resort___e_s__cape_chute_by_bdscept

Last Resort - E.S. Cape Chute

Anyways, may the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

BDS, signing off. 

Edited by Black D'Sceptyr, 28 October 2016 - 09:00 AM.

BDS's new TCG/OCG Card Grading Metric
BD'S' 10 Credos of Cardmaking
The Eternal Debate: Can another Duel Spirit turned Boss-in-Three go together with Yubel in harmony?

I mean, s'not like I'm wholly obsessed with the greatest antagonist in Yugioh history some random Duel Spirit or something...

Posted Image

Brought to you by The BlaDeS of Change Workshop, now also available on DeviantArt.

And remember kids...

In this world, overcome the odds one card at a time. EVERYONE STARTS AS SCRAP. S'up to you whether you forge it into the change you want to see or not.

DerpCrane

DerpCrane

Fresh Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
    Last Visit Dec 15 2018 08:21 PM

Question; In Anti-Spyral Network's effect, where you banish it & another field spell in the graveyard, did you consider special summoning the monster or did you not want it to be broken in that way?

Black D'Sceptyr

Black D'Sceptyr

The Aspect-Advent Author

• Topic Starter
  • Postseason Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Question; In Anti-Spyral Network's effect, where you banish it & another field spell in the graveyard, did you consider special summoning the monster or did you not want it to be broken in that way?

Basically, yeah. Being able to push out mutliple Boss Rushes and/or Rebel Rousers is not exactly some 1 want to be easily accessible to a Graveyard trigger-'specially with Foolish Burial of Belongings being a thing.

The Eternal Debate: Can another Duel Spirit turned Boss-in-Three go together with Yubel in harmony?

I mean, s'not like I'm wholly obsessed with the greatest antagonist in Yugioh history some random Duel Spirit or something...

Posted Image

Brought to you by The BlaDeS of Change Workshop, now also available on DeviantArt.

And remember kids...

In this world, overcome the odds one card at a time. EVERYONE STARTS AS SCRAP. S'up to you whether you forge it into the change you want to see or not.

Black D'Sceptyr

Black D'Sceptyr

The Aspect-Advent Author

• Topic Starter
  • Postseason Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Time Warp again, with a modded effect for the Scarlet Sneak to better fit the other SPYRAL Gear into.

Posted Image

And remember kids...

leafbladie

leafbladie

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
    Last Visit Mar 30 2017 12:45 AM

Sorry I’m late on reviewing these, got extremely busy with classes.

Not really a big fan of reviewing archetypal support for archetypes that are going to be getting more support in the future, as the playstyle of them usually hasn’t been set in stone yet. I’ll try to review these to the best of my ability though.

Review

Black D'Sceptyr

Black D'Sceptyr

The Aspect-Advent Author

• Topic Starter
  • Postseason Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Time Warp with 3 new cards: A remodded Quik Silver SPYRAL Gear, the reworked E.S. Cape Chute, and the new Anti-SPYRAL Gear, Corruption Clip!!

Posted Image

And remember kids...

leafbladie

leafbladie

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
    Last Visit Mar 30 2017 12:45 AM

Anti-SPYRAL Gear - Corruption Clip: I mean, I honestly think this might as well be a single use Trap, since it's going to be single use in most cases anyway, and as is, it's a slower Creature Swap that can sometimes get an interesting card from your opponent's Graveyard. It being Continuous just leaves it open to being stopped by MST.

E.S. Cape Chute: More powerful than your average Counter Trap since it doesn't have a cost, but again, as SPYRALs aren't the strongest monsters out there, seems perfectly fine, and it does have the potential to brick you since it has a HOPT clause.

I see that you changed Quik Silver, I can't remember the old effect so I can't really comment on the changes you made, sorry.

Black D'Sceptyr

Black D'Sceptyr

The Aspect-Advent Author

• Topic Starter
  • Postseason Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Time Warp again.

Posted Image

And remember kids...

Black D'Sceptyr

Black D'Sceptyr

The Aspect-Advent Author

• Topic Starter
  • Postseason Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Time Warp again.

Posted Image

And remember kids...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users