Psychic Prowess (A Penny FROM Your Thoughts)

Black D'Sceptyr

psychic_prowess_by_bdsceptyr-dakudpq.png

[spoiler=Psychic Prowess: Errata]

Normal Spell Card

Lore: Add 1 Psychic-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, except a LIGHT or DARK monster, with the same Level as a monster on the field. During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; this turn, the first time you take battle damage from a battle involving a Psychic-Type monster you control, or pay LP to activate a Psychic-Type monster's effect in your possession, the face-up Psychic-Type monsters you control gain ATK equal to the amount of LP you lost. You can only use each effect of "Psychic Prowess" once per turn.

There. And if any one of you blokes start bellyaching about your fury over the lack of a tutor for the Ritual Beasts-THE RITUAL BEASTS, they already have SEVEN, COUNTING THAT DAMNED SARCOPHAGUS, AND THEY USE THE BLOODY BANISHED ZONE AS AN EXTRA HAND AS IS whatever. Just stop with all that.

Also, LIGHT and DARK restriction is because of a certain meta-topping Deck Who Shall Not Be Named. You know what you are. (And that is BUSTED.)

May the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

BDS, signing off.

Well, Psychics were in need of a searcher anyway, so this sort of helps. At this time, if we disregard Kozmos (yeah, we know about them being the purpose for the restrictions + they already got their search power), only ones left (that can compete nowadays) are PSY-Frame, Ritual Beasts and Metalphosis. Not too sure about how the former two can use this (guess it can help RBs grab the Tamers and set up), but the Metalphosis one is nice for grabbing replacement Scales/monsters when needed, especially when it's not limited to your own board. They do need the extra search power instead of resorting to blowing up Combination; sure, it's not as free and relies on the monsters on the field, but it's something.

Ah right, the other effect. I'm not really sure how effective it'll be in the long run (more/less seeing it against battle damage; outside of Kozmos, what other common Psychic monsters nowadays still pay LP, maybe outside Thought Ruler?), but least the gain is permanent so that's good.

---

If anything, it's another search card for Psychics in general (outside of Doctor Cranium, none exist for them except in Archetypal form).

• 2 weeks later...

A good searcher that (THANKFULLY) keeps Kozmo out of the ring of search ability, which I like. Oh, and it keeps PsyFrame from becoming anymore pester-y, which-- again-- I like. The fact that there has to be a monster on the field with the same Level as a Psychic-type in your Deck, though, irks me. After all, this card is not a good first turn card, which in general, is what searchers are supposed to be: first turn openers that let you net what you need early on. Besides that, though, a potentially any-level searcher for Psychics is amazing, and in Metalfoes, would be loved to no end.

The second effect, though, is a little mediocre. Considering all the LP Psychics end up losing due to either having piss-poor attack or having to pay LP to do things that other decks do for, essentially, free, I'd say adding on an effect to gain LP equal to the LP you lost should be in order. It'd be a nice way of balancing out that loss, whilst also keeping you potent, and ready to pay that 1500 LP in case things go awry.

All in all, necessary, and decent, though it could be a much better card than it is. 8/10

Archived