[Finished]Elizabeth's Card Contest Requests

Elizabeth

My final pick:

[spoiler=Request 5:]

Cyber Gremlin of Mass Production

Level 6 / EARTH / Machine / ATK 2200 / DEF 2000 / Synchro / Tuner

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 Level 2 or lower non-Tuner monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the Synchro Summon of a Synchro Monster using this card as Synchro Material.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Request #5]14681600_188187104958956_562093850459989

Monster effect: When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower non-tuner monster from your Graveyard. All LIGHT monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects, except "Priest of Light, Sylvia." A Synchro Monster that was summoned using this card as a Synchro Material gains 800 ATK

(I know i misspelled priest but i did not feel like changing it)

Here is my card.

yDE8OWG.png

Elizabeth

Now then, it's time to announce the winner of the 4th proposed quest! I hope you take my critique fairly as well as the decision I make.

[spoiler=Request 4 Results]

For Gosunkugi's entry, I felt that there was a good amount of inspiration when it came to making this card and making many applications. But when it comes to practicality, the niche for this card appears to be very limited. Attack boost is a good element to give to such an offensive-focused clan, but it doesn't ensure enough control presence to protect your other members from anything else but battle. The floating effect is neat however, but could use some tuning in balance. Overall, I admire the flavor and effort placed into making this applicable, but adjusting some strengths and grammar could improve this even more.

Mizore's Entry piques my interest with the concept of this bright warrior. However, I was concerned of the lack of anything else discerning this card's ability but only to be impenetrable in battle for such a formidable monster with a big attacking body. It didn't really appeal any sense to me in terms of viability, but in terms of flavor I could grasp the indomitable warrior feel. The graveyard effect is also pretty moderate for a vanguard to your life. A valid attempt nonetheless, but not enough what I was looking for in a boss warrior.

For Ruin's entry, I was mostly fascinated with the unique summoning condition and graveyard effects, but upon closer inspection there doesn't seem to be much usefulness when it came to analyzing the conditions further and the payoff it provides. Requiring 2 monsters to be simultaneously destroyed is not bad, but requiring it to be during your opponent's Battle Phase seems unachievable and not quite worth the investment. I understand the balance aspect to the card, but making the best use of this abilities requires the use of obscure magic and traps such as the well known "Mirror Force", which is simply situational. Overall, there could have been some tweaking in empowering the monster effect as well as balancing the graveyard effect.

For EndUser, it hasn't surprised me how much elaborate and well conceived such a piece is. There are well enough attributes and stats, with a simple summoning condition and floating effect that compliments each other well. Surely EARTH banishment could be manipulated at your disposal, as well as using its main ability to ward off certain revival spells. It is only my main concern how lethal that ability is when it has no cost or limit. Card strength may also be a limiting factor as well. Still, this is card that was worth my attention and has good potential for future applications.

So judging on these cards, I believe EndUser is the winner out of this quest. Though it isn't common, but I shall give Gosunkugi one rep as a runner up for my second favorite for attempting to support the illusive Amazoness archetype. Thank you all for participating in this quest~

I don't intend to critique your judgment, Elizabeth, but I want to understand or clarify some things:

"It is only my main concern how lethal that ability is when it has no cost or limit. "

By limitation, do you mean that simply targeting a card in the Graveyard may not be good enough for a more balanced result?

The last sentence prevents this effect (and all the others) from occuring more than once, but I guess you already noticed that.

"Card strength may also be a limiting factor as well."

I feared that the effects the monster has are not bad (especially the one with the S/T negation). Therefore, I wanted to be cautious with how powerful it was (ATK-wise), investing more to it as a defender than an offender.

yDE8OWG.png

Elizabeth

I apologize for the delay in judging. I was busy with some...other hobbies I have been doing outside of the Velvet Room. Regardless, here is the judging for the 5th Quest:

[spoiler=Request 5 Results]

EndUser's card was very consistent in terms of design when compared to his other entries. There were a lot of good attributes to this card as well as having a decent effect, but I was hoping for more outside of simple immunity granted to higher level Synchros. In fact, according to my research it would make cards such as "Crystal Wing" or "Void Ogre" seem more powerful, no?

Ruin's entry reminded me of the Lightsworn clan, and there were a lot of good aspects to reflect it. With the use of Lumina, she can summon Minerva and make this. And there are definitely more extensions to go after this. My only concerning issues is the effect to Special Summon a Level 4 or lower with no effects negated, so such a broad application can go for abuse. I recommend balancing for summoning monsters around 2, as well as possibly having their effect(s) negated. Nevertheless, a valid entry that I have enjoyed.

Jelly's card was pretty creatively designed, and instead has used the draw aspect as part of its summon trigger. Though could be more worded more better to make it sound less elaborate, the effect to return other Synchro monsters in your Graveyard to the Extra was a very nice effect I would have never thought to do. 

It's pretty peculiar that all of you have used Level 6s for the monster. Could it be that 6 is the more, applicable and trendier number? Regardless, I believe that the one who deserves the win this time is Ruin. Congratulations~ If you are interested in a hint to my identity in addition to this prize for the Halloween Event, please notify me by PM.

I would like to participate, and submit my own attempt at your 8th trial:

Fantasy Heaven
[Continuous Trap]

Special Summon this card in Face-up Defense Position as an Effect Monster (Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK0/DEF0). (This card is also still a Trap card.) As long as this card remains Face-up on the field, all other Face-up Spellcaster Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by your Opponent's card effects. If a Spellcaster-Type monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or by an Opponent's card effect while this card is  in your Graveyard, you can shuffle this card into your deck instead. You can only use this effect of "Fantasy Heaven" Once per turn.

I hope that Properly fulfills your criteria.

I'm going for the 8th trial! Let's do this! (Note: OCG might be off, since I'm certain a mechanic like this hasn't been done before)

[spoiler=8th Request: Drago Overclock]

Drago_Overclock.png

Continuous Trap Card

Activate this card by targeting 1 face-up Machine or Thunder-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or by card effect, destroy this card instead. If this face-up card is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard: Set this card face-down in your Spell/Trap Zone, but it cannot be activated this turn, also banish it when it leaves the field. Once per turn: You can Unequip this card and Special Summon it as an Effect Monster (Thunder-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/Union/ATK 0/ DEF 0) with the following effect. You can only equip this card to a monster once per turn:
"Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Machine or Thunder-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target."

On another note, here's my entry also for the 9th Request:

[spoiler=9th Request: Excelsius, Tamer of the Searing Mist]

Excelsius_Tamer_of_the_Searing_Mist.png

WATER, Dragon-Type, Xyz, Effect, Rank 6, ATK 0, DEF 0

3 or more Level 6 Monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card, using 2 or more Dragon-Type monsters of any level you control. When using 3 or more Xyz Materials, this card's Summoning cannot be negated. This card gains 1000 ATK & DEF for each Xyz Material attached to it. If this card declares an attack on a monster whose original ATK is less than or equal to this card's current ATK: You can detach all Xyz Materials from this card; switch control of the battling monsters. If this card is destroyed by battle or by card effect while it has no Xyz Materials: Target 1 Level 6 or lower Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only use each effect of "Excelsius, Tamer of the Searing Mist" once per turn.

This is my request:

[spoiler=Request 9]

Heavy Dragon Terrortop

Rank 5 / WIND / Dragon / 2400 / 2400 / Effect

3 Level 5 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 4 WIND Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Return all Spell/Trap Cards on the field to their owner's hand (you cannot activate Pendulum Cards for the rest of the turn if you returned a Pendulum Spell Card(s) from the field to your hand by this effect). You can only use this effect of "Heavy Dragon Terrortop" once per turn. Once only, If this Xyz Summoned card battles, while it has no Xyz Materials: You can discard 1 card; inflict 1200 points of damage to your opponent, also the opponent's battling monster loses 300 ATK and DEF.

yDE8OWG.png

Elizabeth

I apologize for the wait; it seems I was more busy with my other duties that I ignored this for quite a while. Regardless, here is the respective judging~

[spoiler=Request 8 Results]

For both Major and Lung, there was a good show of card ability, as well as creativeness and poise when it came to making these cards. Though both are alternate takes on the request, I feel as if the requirements for this request narrowed the possibility for flexibility for other effects to happen. Nevertheless, both of you did very well when it came to making the effects viable for the respective types (Spellcaster and Machine support), as well as giving some balanced buffs. It was very tough to judge the winner here, but after giving some thought, I believe Major is the winner here. I believe that Lung's card, while very good making it able to protect other Spellcasters from destruction and battle might be good, but has the potential to be a lethal disruptor that can make decks such as control decks have too much power by saving them from battle or by effects such as Raigeki. For Major, I believe limiting it down to just the one Machine is sufficient enough. Not only that, it is able to align with Thunder monsters and has a bonus Union effect. Thus Major's card was my end pick. Congratulations~

[spoiler=Request 9 Results]

For Major, while I definitely see some good creativity and implications, the main issue I am concerned with your entry is balancing. Particularly, being able to summon this card with any Dragon monsters you control disregarding the level. The fact that being able to gain a thousand for each is simply leads to easy overwhelming power, especially when the summon cannot be negated if the summon has 3 materials or more, which is not a hard feat in particular decks. The effect to detach all its materials appears to be pretty pointless considering it will be strong most of the time and the reason it might already be present is because you want to counter another strong entity. Yet it does setup for the final effect, despite being limited to activate each of those effects once per turn. So I do say that there could be some balancing and wording issues that could be checked here.

For Jellis, I'm afraid that without the knowledge of your other..."Dreadnought" cards, I'm afraid I don't have enough knowledge to know the balancing of this card. There is some mild creativity factor here, but I would have expected more fluidity in not just the lore and art but effect-wise as well. But other than that factor, I cannot really judge further with this as a standalone card. Please understand.

For EndUser, I really liked the neat summoning condition I never thought of. Though the card does indeed suffer from the need to balance as well. Simply returning your spells and traps to hand, even if they are not Pendulum Scales can lead to the abuse of your own effects you return and reuse, as well as easily clearing the field. I believe in most decks, summoning a baseline Rank 4 WIND is not hard to do, so simply being able to access it can rid some opposing spell and trap sets with ease. Nevertheless, with a simple balance, and probably an enhancement to the final effect in terms of possibly inflicting more damage or having more attack being lost, I really appreciate this entry.

While I can see the idea Major is going with her entry, I want to decide that EndUser is the one who has crafted a more applicable, balanced, and creative entry here. Thank you all for your participation~

The last request should be appearing soon...

ooh. this seems like fun. count me in.

warning: big images. so; cards:

[spoiler Material I made]oQTTiri.png

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from the Graveyard) by banishing a monster you control when it is destroyed by battle instead of sending that monster to the graveyard. You can only summon this monster this way once per Duel. During the End Phase of the turn this card was Special Summoned, return it to the hand. Once per turn, if a monster you control would be destroyed by battle: You can be discard this card; that monster cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.

[spoiler Fusion Monster]kwQgm1c.png

Lore: Spirit of the Slane + Asura Priest + Blade Knight
Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing cards you control with the above original names, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (You do not use "Polymerization".)  During your Standby Phase banish another Spirit monster you control, or return this card to the Extra Deck. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a Special Summoned monster: Banish that monster.

Let's see if I can prove myself.

(my submission for Request 10)

[spoiler=Ancient Fiend of Great Resonance]
Level 9 / FIRE / Fiend / 2800 / 2500 / Fusion / Effect

"Red Resonator" + 2 FIRE non Fiend-type monsters with differerent types from each other
You can only Special Summon this card by banishing the above cards you control (you do not use "Polymerization"). During each End Phase: Shuffle 1 of your face-up banished cards into your Deck or destroy this card. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect that would Special Summon a monster, or that would destroy a card on the field: Negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card. All monster your opponent controls lose 100 ATK and DEF for each face-up banished card. If this card leaves the field: Return 1 of your banished cards to your Graveyard.

Archived