Unfair Trade (Written)

GoldenTide

I don't think this needs a hard OPT. It's not a continuous, and it's a +0. It's like Destiny Draw in that it can be very powerful if you dump the right things, or can simply help you dig for answers.

As someone who runs a Level 1 petdeck, this would be a nice addition. Even though Exodia runs 4 Level 1 vanillas, I don't think they'd want to discard them at all.

Simple, to the point, nice.

As it's worded right now, however, discarding is part of the effect, and not a cost. Is that intentional?

I don't know if he accidentally worded it improperly as opposed to borrowing Trade-In's effect written in proper PSCT, or he did from an older style. Let's assume it's supposed to be a Level 1 equivalent of Trade-In. (If he did intend for it to be part of the effect, then I'll revise this)

----

I agree that this card doesn't need a hard OPT, since unlike Trade-In in stuff like Blue-Eyes / Level 8 spam, the Decks that can use this aren't as common. I guess Skull Servants can use this for added draw power, and get stuff into the Graveyard when needed. With Exodia, they're foolish if they discard the pieces, so them using this is a no; least without them running random Level 1s. 

Archived