Battlin' Boxers' Brass Ring (Slip it Round Your Finger Now Boy Cause...)

Black D'Sceptyr

(something something NO CHANCE, NO CHANCE IN HELL!!) 

(also, YES I KNOW, BOXING, WRESTLING, TWO DIFFERENT THINGS, OKAY?!) 

So because I'll never have that song out of my head-for good reasons though its one of my favorites, fits so well with its owner's motif.) I give you this place. Doesn't solve ALL of Battling Boxer's problems...but it should help their offense a bit. (Specially Glassjaw.)

battlin__boxers__brass_ring_by_bdsceptyr

[spoiler=Battlin' Boxers' Brass Ring: Errata]

Field Spell Card

Lore: When this card is activated: You can add 1 Counter Trap Card with an effect that would be activated during the Battle Phase from your Deck to your hand. "Battlin' Boxer" monsters you control gain ATK equal to the difference between their original ATK and original DEF during your turn only, but they cannot gain more than 1000 ATK this way. Xyz Monsters you control that have a "Battlin' Boxer" monster as an Xyz Material cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during your End Phase, pay 1000 LP or destroy this card.

Anyways, until next time on Tuesday Night YCM, may the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance. 

BDS, signing off.

I feel like the searching is a bit too strong, I mean getting a Solemn whenever and wherever you need is a bit annoying, even if the archetype running it isn't that great. Also, making Glass Jaw a normal summonable 4K beatstick is not a good idea, even if it does have that destruction effect. Also, tha Xyz Summon effect is ridiculously strong, I mean you can basically make 1 card Rank 4 Xyz plays, and cards like Norden are banned for that reason, at least limit it to Battlin' Boxer Xyz monsters. Honestly, I feel like something that might be better suited for this archetype would be some targeting protection, so they aren't Castel'd or banished too easily. Battlin' Boxer are consistent enough, and their power output is decent, it's just they don't have the ability to tag out of targeted effects, so anything that isn't destruction related is going to cause them some issues.

I feel like the searching is a bit too strong, I mean getting a Solemn whenever and wherever you need is a bit annoying, even if the archetype running it isn't that great. Also, making Glass Jaw a normal summonable 4K beatstick is not a good idea, even if it does have that destruction effect. Also, tha Xyz Summon effect is ridiculously strong, I mean you can basically make 1 card Rank 4 Xyz plays, and cards like Norden are banned for that reason, at least limit it to Battlin' Boxer Xyz monsters. Honestly, I feel like something that might be better suited for this archetype would be some targeting protection, so they aren't Castel'd or banished too easily. Battlin' Boxer are consistent enough, and their power output is decent, it's just they don't have the ability to tag out of targeted effects, so anything that isn't destruction related is going to cause them some issues.

Alright, I'll take this under serious consideration. Originally I was more enthused on making this because of the pic. And the Counter Trap addition was to keep to the Battlin' Boxer's motif in the anime, which focused also around a bevy of battle-activated Counter Traps-might curve it to those terms.

Archived