Yu-Gi-Oh! ReReborn [OOC/On Hiatus]

[spoiler=Takei Hisashi]Name: Takei Hisashi
[spoiler=Appearance]normalanimefav120yn-2.jpg

[spoiler=Personality]Takei is the textbook definition of an extrovert. He’s always eager to meet new people, and keeping to himself is a no-go. Yes, he is aware when to draw the line with some attempted friendships, i.e. if someone happened to be very antagonistic, but Takei is always willing to try again if there’s a chance of getting to know them, which sometimes causes him to try a bit too much.

As mentioned before, Takei does hold back sometimes, not only when he thinks people really just want to be left alone but also as he does care a lot about other people’s opinions of him. It’s a bit difficult trying to balance a desire for an ever growing circle of friends and also attempting to keep himself as a perfect friend towards all of these differing people, not just the people he is friends with but any potential people he might want to get to know in future, but he is coping.

Takei is extremely willing to prioritize with his friends, especially if he thinks someone needs him or just help in general. This, combined with his want to make good impressions constantly can cause him to behave weirdly at times, as he tries to balance both aspects to create as perfect a relationship as he can. Sometimes, however, he can be quite a bit too nice too people, making it some duels harder than they would be otherwise due to him miscalculating his opponent.

He’s generally a nice guy, preferring to talk things out rather than take an radical action, and, while being very down-to-earth, tries not to be too serious most of the time. Takei’s perfect world is one where he can balance everything, and so is something he is desperate to achieve. Due to a perfect world not existing, unfortunately, he often has moments where he has at a loss of what to say or do.

[spoiler=Biography]Takei Hisashi grew up as a single child in a relatively poor family. Not originally living in Seadown City, he lived out his childhood in a town not so far away from the famous tourist attraction, but still within the Calisdo kingdom. Fortunately, he had been in touch with Duel Monsters since an early age, but never really had enough money to buy more than a few cards at first.

His parents weren’t the nicest of people, but despite any flaws they had, they still loved him. Both of them worked long hours to support the family and had little time on their return to give to their son before they rested to prepare for the next big jaunt, and any time they did have was often ruined by their short tempers, which were shortened even further by the stress of their work and the length of time away.

From this, Takei sought a more friendly environment outside of his home, and found one at school. Despite not having much base knowledge in the art of making friends, he got lucky and formed a tight circle with quite a few other people his age. This persisted through primary school and even to the end of secondary school, with Takei being the main glue that kept them together through highs and lows. In fact, as they progressed through skill, new people here and there were indoctrinated into the group, again with Takei being the main one to bring them in.

And now, having moved into the main city, Seadown, for tertiary education, along with his group of friends, Takei’s interest in Duel Monster skyrocketed, having a part-time job to help pay for the purchase of an alright Duel Disk and quite a few cards of his own, enough to build a deck, in fact, and he began to play a lot more in his free time.

Now, with the Calisdo Tournament coinciding with the moving of quite a few of his friends from Seadown City, Takei decided now would be the perfect opportunity not only to have some excitement, but to meet some new people along the way.

Deck: Zord
Play Style: Defensive and conservative. Takei is not one to take risks, and likes to go easy on friends if he thinks he is better than them.

Here's a new one :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

BEFORE I post the next post in the IC, I need everybody to answer this question for me:

As we may or may not be doing tag duels sometime soon, does anyone want to collab with anyone else in particular? Also, is everyone alright with collabing at all?

(PS: Junko and Kagami will be together unless you specifically want otherwise :P)

So basically, state if you want to work with anyone in particular, or I'll just team you up with who I think you'll work well with.

BEFORE I post the next post in the IC, I need everybody to answer this question for me:

As we may or may not be doing tag duels sometime soon, does anyone want to collab with anyone else in particular? Also, is everyone alright with collabing at all?

(PS: Junko and Kagami will be together unless you specifically want otherwise :P)

So basically, state if you want to work with anyone in particular, or I'll just team you up with who I think you'll work well with.

I trust you brosef. Do what you think will work out. Also, would you be cool with me creating another Character? Hypothetically.

I trust you brosef. Do what you think will work out. Also, would you be cool with me creating another Character? Hypothetically.

Sweet.

And yeah, you can make a new character. I just don't want too many different people making characters, but people who are already part of the RP are fine to make more.

I don't really care who I get teamed up with so you can do whatever, but Michael is not really a team player.

Hey King, just a quick tip. Controlling another person's character without their say-so, like you did in your most recent post, is something that's disallowed in basically every RP ever. So unless Soulfire gave their permission that you could make a post where Houki said or did certain things, I'd go back and edit your post so that there's an actual conversation occurring.

So, what I've got so far is:

Steven Dalavan and Hayato Hebi

Kagami Saito and Junko Nakazawa

Sota Ito and Akira Sensa

Elijah Diamond and Ryo Takeshita

Hiro Yamashiro and Heidt "The Hype Man"

Takei Hisashi and Kyoko Azikairu

Esther Al-Mubarak and Big Ben

Houki Ashikaga and Michael Anderson

Sam Naismith and Jackie Fortissimo

If anyone objects to this, feel free to say so. If no-one has a problem with it, I'll make my post in... Let's say 8 hours.

[spoiler=The Twins]Christopher "Kit" and Katherine "Kat" Coleman

Genders: Male and Female, respectively

Ages: Both 14

[spoiler=Appearances][spoiler=Kit]kitColeman_zps7dqscrvn.jpg?t=1480719090

Height: 5’ 2”

Weight: 116 lbs

[spoiler=Kat]katColeman_zpsmkd8lchq.png?t=1480718956

Height: 5’ 0”

Weight: 101 lbs

[spoiler=”Personalities”]Kit is a playful, very talkative, and rambunctious teenager, almost to the brink of annoyance. Words, especially around others, constantly flow out of his mouth. Kit can also be pretty overconfident in himself, he boasts that he can do anything well, and isn't afraid of anything. With that being said, Kit is a very optimistic person. He always tries to see the good in every situation, even if he's shot down by reality.

Kit and Kat, being twins, were born on the same day; 31 seconds apart, with Kit being the older sibling. Kit is constantly teasing Kat about their age difference, boasting the sometimes that he's the more mature one of the two, just because he's older. That's only occasionally true; Kit can shut up and be serious (believe it or not) if he truly wants to.

Kat, unlike her brother, is a reserved, shy, polite, and socially awkward girl. It's hard for her to strike up a conversation, so she usually lets Kit do all of the talking for her, since he talks so much anyway. She becomes both embarrassed and upset pretty easily, tying into her not talking to many people besides Kit. Kat has a vivid imagination, and daydreams quite often. She can also be quite sarcastic, especially to her brother.

[spoiler=”History”]Ever since their parents gave them up for adoption when they were both six years old, Kit and Kat have constantly been bouncing around different foster homes across the country. The routine was always the same. A husband and wife wanted to meet and potentially adopt the Colemans, they'd travel to a new city, the married couple decided that they didn't want the two siblings, and then they were shoved right back into the adoption system. They never stayed in the same place for more than a year. To them, the only two constants in their lives were each other, and Duel Monsters. Kit and Kat took their Duel Disks and Decks everywhere they went, for those were their only personal belongings.

Just recently (two weeks, to be exact), Kit and Kat have both arrived in Seadown City, it being the closest foster home from their previous location. With hopes to make a name for themselves, they set out to the Calisdo King Tourney…

[spoiler=”Decks (To Be Created)”]Kit: Crystal. A versatile Pendulum Archetype, mostly composed of Dragon-type monsters, focused on swift Extra Deck/Ritual summons. The ED/Ritual monsters rely on counters for their effects, and can then be banished for the assistance of other "Crystal" cards.

Kat: Little Fairies and Little Sprites: An Fairy-type Xyz Archetype built upon draw power. Using their level manipulation abilities, they can quickly and easily bust out Rank 4 Summons. They're best used as a support Archetype, however.

Extra: Kat is left-handed, and Kit is right-handed.

Both of them are addicted to chocolate. Hence the nicknames "Kit and Kat" given to them by their friends based on the popular chocolate bar.

Kat has extreme nyctophobia: She's very terrified of the dark, and it takes her quite a while to calm down.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ALRIGHTY

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

Red-Siren-Animated.gif

WE'RE GOING ON HIATUS!

I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but I just need it at the moment. And by declaring that we're officially on hiatus, I don't have to panic about not posting and saying we aren't dead. The main problem is that it's hard for me as a host to keep up with all the separate things each person is doing.

I assume that we'll be back up in 2-3 week's time.

Sorry about this, but it's the best way for me to recover, then get going again.

Archived