Nintendo Switch

Flame Dragon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think something that Nintendo really needs to do starting with the Switch is make having a NNID less annoying. For one, not being able to transfer data between consoles, even manually, is just plain dumb. And I don't see why we can't use our profiles on more than one console already with the WiiU. Unlike Sony or Microsoft, Nintendo already provides multiplayer services for free so it's not like I even think them also providing cloud save options is necessary, though it'd be quite nice.

I think something that Nintendo really needs to do starting with the Switch is make having a NNID less annoying. For one, not being able to transfer data between consoles, even manually, is just plain dumb. And I don't see why we can't use our profiles on more than one console already with the WiiU. Unlike Sony or Microsoft Nintendo already provides multiplayer services for free so it's not like I even think them also providing cloud save options is necessary, though it'd be quite nice.

All they have to do is say "Virtual Console Subscription Service" and they'll get $60 a year from me.

So yeah, PS Now. PS+ just has the cloud saves, deals/free games, multiplayer, all that stuff. PS Now is a separate subscription service that allows you to stream PS3 games to your PS4 or PC, in the same way Netflix works with shows/movies, and I assume a "Virtual Console Subscription Service" would allow you to stream VC games to the Switch, hypothetically.

Also, TIL PS Now added Ni No Kuni back at the end of August. I might have to get a 1 month subscription or something just so I can finally play it, in time for the sequel.

But I'm getting off track. Yeah, a VC service like that for the Switch would be really neat. Though I'm not sure if they'd ever change it from just buying the VC games like we have been, I guess if you played enough VC games it'd be more worth it to have a subscription service.

• 2 weeks later...

The question is, do I sleep or not?

Between the presentation, the Japanese coverage streams, and the Treehouse streams tomorrow, I may not.

I'm at least going to be up in the morning for the last of those three, and need to be at GameStop at 10 to preorder.

Release date is March 3rd, $300 price.

So they'll have a paid online service like the other major consoles do (though it'll be free until fall 2017), but they're also removing region locking.

Battery life is 2.5-6.5 hours depending on the game when in handheld mode. Has a touch screen. Up to 8 systems can be connected for local wireless play.

Joycon controllers have amiibo functionality in the right and a share button (think PS4) in the left, as well as motion controls. The right Joycon has a motion IR camera for unique controls. They have color variants and an extra grip accessory that has a wrist strap if you want safety.

1 2 Switch seems like the system's Wii Sports sort of mechanics showing off game using the Joycon, has different games that don't use a screen, like a simple pistol duel to see who can draw their Joycon faster. Comes out March 3rd.

Arms is a boxing fighting game where the characters have extendable arms, using the Joycon's motion controls such as punching when you do and curving the extendable punches when you twist your arm. It looks super fun and wacky. There will be online play. Comes out in spring.

Splatoon 2! New weapons, maps, new clothing and hairstyles. A new weapon is a pair of dual pistols that allows for dodge rolling. Can be played with any of the system's control schemes, super jumping to a teammate is now done via buttons instead of a touch screen. Comes out in summer.

The new 3D Mario game is Super Mario Odyssey! Mario's hat is now alive or something, can be thrown like a boomrange and used for platforming, Bowser's kidnapped Peach again and there's going to be a royal wedding and he's got a sweet white pimp suit. There's abunch of crazy new worlds but one of them looks like a normal real life city and has normal looking people in it. He's got this big hat-shaped ship or something that looks like is what lets him move between worlds. Coming this holiday season.

Xenoblade 2! Looks super funking pretty and the art style is a bit more cartoonish, at least when it comes to the character designs.

Fire Emblem Warriors! New Musou game! Chrom is definitely in it.

Dragon Quest X and XI which we already knew about, but also Dragon Quest Heroes I and II are coming to Switch.

New Shin Megami Tensei game.

New RPG from Squre Enix called Project Ocotpath Traveler, has a 3D world but with 2D sprite characters.

SEGA guy said they're working on something.

Todd Howard confirmed Skyrim.

New No More Heroes! Travis Touchdown is comig back to Nintendo! Also rip translator, dude sounded super uncomfortable and quiet at this part.

EA Sports Fifa is coming to Switch.

Showed abunch of games in this big compilation, stuff I recognized was Disgaea 5, Minecraft, that new Sonic game teased before, Just Dance, NEW F-ZERO?!?!?!

The package you buy includes the console itself and the dock and necessary cords, left and right Joycons with the Joycon grip and strap accessories. You can get one version that has the two normal Joycons, or one red and blue Joycon. Pro Controller is separate.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild launches... MARCH 3RD! LAUNCH TITLE bastards!!!!!

EDIT: Full video for anyone who missed the presentation.

I noticed Disgaea 5 and what I think was I am Setsuna part of the compilation at the end, which is great cause both games seem pretty awesome from the LPs I've watched. 

I'm really excited for this system. Obviously, the thing I'm most excited for it the new Shin Megami Tensei game. Fire Emblem Warriors looks interesting, but not enough to really get super hyped, but I will keep an eye out for it. Also Project Octopath seems really cool, and the art aesthetic is just my kinda thing.

Archived