Legendary Shogunate - Shi'En (Ritual and Spell) (Look at All This Honor)

Black D'Sceptyr

LOOK AT IT I SAY.

legendary_shogunate___shi_en_by_bdscepty

[spoiler=Legendary Shogunate - Shi'En: Errata]

LIGHT/Warrior-Type Ritual Effect Monster/Level 8/2500 ATK/3400 DEF

Lore: You can Ritual Summon this card with Shien's Will". Must be Ritual Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Ritual Summoned while you control no other monsters, you can gain control of 1 monster your opponent controls. This card can attack while it is in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation. While you control a "Samurai" monster, this card and all "Samurai" cards you control are unaffected by your opponent's activated Spell/Trap effects.

shien_s_will_by_bdsceptyr-daljam1.png

[spoiler=Shien's Will: Errata]

Ritual Spell Card

Lore: This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Legendary Shogunate - Shi'En". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field, and/or remove Bushido Counters from the field, so the total number of removed counters and/or the total Levels of the Tributed monsters equal exactly 8. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Legendary" or "Samurai" card from your field or Graveyard to your hand, also if you control a "Samurai" card, you can banish 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field.

But really, the Six Samurai is one of my best firned's deck's (no names, but he has an eye for card archetypes with great historical callback that ends up being great as hell-he also runs Kagero in Vanguard) and I thouight it got the shaft when all its recoverability got shoved into one card whose banning crippled them. (coughGatewayOfTheSixcough). So, this to help with the field prescense, and the Ritual Spell to try and work as a stand-in. 

P.S. Wanted to do this awhile, but was never really solid on how to make Shi'En fit into the Six Sams. Also, the pic issues. Also...yeah actually that's it.

Anyways, let the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

BDS, signing off.

Not too big on Six Samurai, but it's searchable by Pre-Preparation of Rites, so I don't see it bricking you too hard. However, the fact that it can only be Ritual Summoned is kind of annoying, the same restriction is on Chaos Max Dragon, and I really think it's entirely unnecessary, and is going to be pretty bad with Kaijus running around. I mean making your Six/Superheavy Samurai unaffected by Spell/Traps is pretty cool, but other than "Majespecters" most archetypes rely on their monsters for removal, so I don't think it's problematic enough to warrant that restriction. I notice you also incorporate some Superheavy Samurai in there too with the ability to attack while in Defense Position. Seems like you're also supporting the idea of running them together by having the Ritual Spell banish itself from the Graveyard, speaking of which, it's nice that it banishes a Spell/Trap, because of Pendulums/Metalfoes, I cannot tell you how many times banishing my opponent's "Kirin" from their Pendulum Zone has made me happy. Though funnily enough, there are a lot more "Legendary" cards unrelated to "Six Samurai" than ones that are, like "Legendary Dragon Heremos", which I find kind of hilarious, maybe you could find a way to combine them, lol.

As a self proclaimed 'Pro Six Sam' runner, whose 'Six Slam' deck beat the insanely powerful Kozmo deck 1/3 times, I say "Nice."

Allow me to elaborate:
While these cards are rather nice in tandem, they're effectively unsearchable, and require 2 cards to be in your hand at the same time, while also requiring tributes, or Bushido counters that total up to 8. Pendulum and overall spell/trap coverage is really nice, and that sweet 3400 DEF/ATK is also nice, considering the Deck's only other viable 'Battler' in the current meta is Catastor, which is crap against most Dark Types. What would make this card potentially great would be: slap on "If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy another face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control instead". I love the theme of these cards, you literally took all of the most unique Samurai/Shogun effects, and melded them into one. I am going to add these cards into my current build, and let you know if it helped or hurt the Archetype. Since ROTA got limited to 1, I have a free slot to work with, so this won't change all too much.

While these cards are rather nice in tandem, they're effectively unsearchable,

Pre-Preparation of Rites says hello. 

Pendulum and overall spell/trap coverage is really nice, and that sweet 3400 DEF/ATK is also nice, considering the Deck's only other viable 'Battler' in the current meta is Catastor, which is crap against most Dark Types. What would make this card potentially great would be: slap on "If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy another face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control instead". I love the theme of these cards, you literally took all of the most unique Samurai/Shogun effects, and melded them into one. I am going to add these cards into my current build, and let you know if it helped or hurt the Archetype. Since ROTA got limited to 1, I have a free slot to work with, so this won't change all too much.

Oooh, thanks, matey (on the whole introducing it into the format thing.) Also, superheavy Sams could work wonders with this card too-built it with that in mind, like the compatibility between the Syrus Roids and Speedroids.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived