Yu-gi-oh: Twisted Fates (started/accepting) (PG-13)

0PxPz0

I accidentaly posted an EDIT to my character as it's own thing in this thread and i don't know how to reverse it, so i guess this is Simon take 2?

Name: Simon

Tarot Card: Wheel of Fortune

Appearance: http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/6efb0e3c29e855dc1602269cc0d6e59e/http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp172/Annie_Mul_Lover/Stece/Shadow%20Characters/AnimeBoy15_zps6828ffe9.jpg

Backstory: When Simon was a child, he would always be pushed around, treated as a lesser by the other children, but one day, he couldn't take it anymore and he just Snaped. Now he's a outlaw on the run, going after those who treated him wrong or those that simply look down on him and others. Because of this many see him as a kind of vigilante. He sees himself as neither a crook or a hero, in the "Karmic Punnisher's" mind, he's just playing the game called life. To be honest, Simon wasn't even there when the announcement happened, he found the tablet completely by ACCIDENT, and now he's thrusted into this not really caring about either choice, he's just following what's planed out for him. No one knows how this will turn out until the wheel stops spinning.

Personality: There are two sides to Simon's personality, treat him as an equal and he will treat you as such, in this mindset he is calm and laid back, he can be oblivious at times and wanders into things he doesn't understand, but hey, you win some, you lose some, right? However, Treat him as a lesser and he recounts THAT day, he becomes mentally unstable, smiling with bloodshot eyes, tears falling down his face as he tears apart the poor fool.

Deck: Simon's deck includes luck based cards with fun games (and some that are more demented), and weak level monsters with hidden abilities that could easily trash the competition if used the right way.

Misc:

1. "You win some..."- https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=aqpZ84SYkIs

2. Fun and Games- https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=IbdDr3sK96I

3. kArMa!- https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=6ZwY8_nMpvI

the wheel is all that is good and bad, constantly forming an endless cycle of actions outside human control, accepted but i suggest you play up his indifference to his participation and his go with the flow attitude when the RP starts

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one, but i have to wait to make it on the right device, i can't make anything with this phone, it's okay if i do only one card right? Basically, what's the minimum?

no minimum no maximum, you don't have to actually make the card on a card maker as long as you know what you want it to do and what it's going to be, you can just list it in a format like this

Name

(if monster)

attribute

level

type

effect (if any)

ATK

DEF

(if spell/trap)

type

effect

Alright.

Card Name: Dice Decision.

Type: Continuous Spell

Effect: When this card is activated, instead of moving on to the opponent's turn once your turn is done, whose turn it is shall be is determined by the roll of a die 6 until this card is destroyed. If it lands on a 2, 4, or 6, you go next, however, if it lands on a 1, 3, or 5, your opponent goes next.

Name: Dazon (Day-zon)

Tarot Card: Strength

[spoiler=Appearance]https://tobiasmastgrave.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/swordsman.jpg

Divine Gate King

http://img03.deviantart.net/35d6/i/2012/157/4/4/a_horned_swordsman_by_jitariman-d52i2c4.jpg

[spoiler=Backstory]His duel spirits are treated as equals, he fights only to protect, as he was given his Spirits after he left the Divine Gate. His father is King Alemenio, the King of the gate. As he is prince, heir to the throne, he has only the best duel spirits in his control. He has only heard rumours of a man named Zaddicus, with ultimate power. Dayzon is now waiting to find this man, in search of allegiance.

[spoiler=Personality]Though calm and cool, he's not always gonna be that way. He has a secret power to tap into his duel spirits power, enabling him to become the Divine Gate King. Sadly, this great form does condone violence, and doesn't mind killing in order to protect himself. In this form he focuses on bringing out his opponnent's dark side, in order to achieve his victory. He is a formidable warrior, he always fights for the greater good, no matter the opposition's strength, his nobility gives him the strength of 800 Men. He doesn't care of law, and always fights for his own reasons. He thinks zaddicus will be a worthy ally for him

[spoiler=Deck]The Gate Pendulum Synchro Deck, a veery powerful one and has very few weaknesses

LINK: http://imgur.com/a/IE7lr

[spoiler=Misc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzG3JxGaMrY

Alright.

Card Name: Dice Decision.

Type: Continuous Spell

Effect: When this card is activated, instead of moving on to the opponent's turn once your turn is done, whose turn it is shall be is determined by the roll of a die 6 until this card is destroyed. If it lands on a 2, 4, or 6, you go next, however, if it lands on a 1, 3, or 5, your opponent goes next.

i'm just going to reword it a bit but it's an interesting mechanic

"at the end of each players endphase roll a six sided die, if the result is a 2, 4, or six the next players turn is skipped.

[spoiler=Backstory]His duel spirits are treated as equals, he fights only to protect, as he was given his Spirits after he left the Divine Gate. His father is King Alemenio, the King of the gate. As he is prince, heir to the throne, he has only the best duel spirits in his control

[spoiler=Personality]Though calm and cool, he's not always gonna be that way. He has a secret power to tap into his duel spirits power, enabling him to become the Divine Gate King. Sadly, this great form does condone violence, and doesn't mind killing in order to protect himself

[spoiler=Deck]The Gate Pendulum Synchro Deck, a veery powerful one and has very few weaknesses

LINK: http://imgur.com/a/IE7lr

[spoiler=Misc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzG3JxGaMrY

it's unclear who's side he's on and what his motivation his, i see no traits to associate him with the chariot (or any other arcana) as it represents ambition to achieve ones goals, add more to his personality and backstory please

Changed his personality to show his sides and why he uses "Strength

better but his backstory still seems lacking, i don't see a clear motivation for him to either oppose or join Zadicus considering he has his own kingdom and you haven't stated which he is doing

He's opposing Zadicus, as he is good and, according to your character, yours is evil, so yeah, he's opposing him.

Can you expand on why he's good and why Zadicus is evil?

Characters need a clear motivation and history (the exception to this is Zadicus because he's less of a 'character' to be played and more of a means through which the GM, 0PxPz0, will interact with the players... I assume) and outside of vague terms your character has little of either.

The best way for you to do this might be to clarify his morality. You say he fights for good, but what is good in the eyes of Dazon? Is it the same good that Simon believes in?

If your character has a clear morality on one side or another you need to state what they see as being good and evil.

Furthermore why does he have this view? Did his father teach him his morals? Did he witness a great injustice and now can't stand to see it happen again?

So far we know WHAT your character is but not WHO he is.

On a side note I've added Kassyl's deck to his bio, it's currently unbalanced and will likely be added to in the future but it should hold out for the first few duels and I feel like his cards are fairly thematically appropriate for him. If there are any problems then feel free to let me know.

Can you expand on why he's good and why Zadicus is evil?

Characters need a clear motivation and history (the exception to this is Zadicus because he's less of a 'character' to be played and more of a means through which the GM, 0PxPz0, will interact with the players... I assume) and outside of vague terms your character has little of either.

The best way for you to do this might be to clarify his morality. You say he fights for good, but what is good in the eyes of Dazon? Is it the same good that Simon believes in?

If your character has a clear morality on one side or another you need to state what they see as being good and evil.

Furthermore why does he have this view? Did his father teach him his morals? Did he witness a great injustice and now can't stand to see it happen again?

So far we know WHAT your character is but not WHO he is.

On a side note I've added Kassyl's deck to his bio, it's currently unbalanced and will likely be added to in the future but it should hold out for the first few duels and I feel like his cards are fairly thematically appropriate for him. If there are any problems then feel free to let me know.

i feel like consulting the D&D board of  morality might help clear up the issue we're having with Dazon so let's place Zadicus on there, unfortunately for plot related reasons i can't currently explain his placement but i can inform you that he is under Lawful Evil, it is similar to chaotic or even nutral good except for it's reverse in morals, like any character on the good scale a Lwful Evil character upholds morality, the difference is a Lawful Evil characters morality is usually the reverse of a Good characters, currently it looks like FNAFGAMEZ is trying to make Dazon Lawful Good, someone who upholds the order and seeks justice in it's literal interpretation of the law, making no exceptions in any case and obeying all rules to a point where it may hinder them in their quest for justice

as far as your cards they seem fine although i'm interested in how you plan to use The Magicians downsides to your advantage 

Currently it looks like FNAFGAMEZ is trying to make Dazon Lawful Good, someone who upholds the order and seeks justice in it's literal interpretation of the law, making no exceptions in any case and obeying all rules to a point where it may hinder them in their quest for justice

You'd be absolutely Correct, thats really it, so hopefully i'm in!

also what do you think of my Deck?

You'd be absolutely Correct, thats really it, so hopefully i'm in!

unfortunately i can't accept him until you can explain that in his bio as well as why that's his belief, if you'd like you can pm me and i can help you go over it and come up with a more clear/detailed story but as he currently is Dazon has no motivation to do anything and like TheVanguard said that's one of the most important things about a character

edit: as a side note considering Zadicus is the current ruler if Dazon was Lawful Good he would be on his side

Thinking out loud here, what if Dazon was Chaotic Good? He'll do anything to uphold what his version of morality is, breaking other rules and laws because they are not his own all, while being fully convinced that he is the righteous path.

I'm not quite sure what I'll use the magician's negative side for yet. If you could make a few dot-points describing the major arcana and their upright/reverse meanings that would be absolutely wonderful.

Thinking out loud here, what if Dazon was Chaotic Good? He'll do anything to uphold what his version of morality is, breaking other rules and laws because they are not his own all, while being fully convinced that he is the righteous path.

I'm not quite sure what I'll use the magician's negative side for yet. If you could make a few dot-points describing the major arcana and their upright/reverse meanings that would be absolutely wonderful.

when i said the downside i meant the "cost" of the spell card, sorry for the confusion, that being that your opponent also uses it's effect and the cards activated are banished when they leave the field, as far as the magicians meaning i did put it's general interpretation with your character an the accepted character list as well as a brief explanation of the magician when your app was accepted, if you want to look further into it's meaning that's fine but i think you portray it well enough as is

i think Dazon being chaotic good would be a better way to take the character however it would be interesting to see someone side with Zadicus simply because he is the one making the rules, either way it's up to FNAFGAMEZ

I have a few extra questions about mechanics and setting. Do duels work like reality/anime in this universe? Or are they more free-form fighting that utilises the powers in the cards?

Furthermore how common are duel spirits in the human empires? Could we expect to see them roaming around a marketplace alongside humans, if so are they about equal or do humans outnumber them by a decent margin?

Is their holding within the tablets a form of imprisonment or does it bind a created copy of their soul to it without affecting the original spirit?

I have a few extra questions about mechanics and setting. Do duels work like reality/anime in this universe? Or are they more free-form fighting that utilises the powers in the cards?

Furthermore how common are duel spirits in the human empires? Could we expect to see them roaming around a marketplace alongside humans, if so are they about equal or do humans outnumber them by a decent margin?

Is their holding within the tablets a form of imprisonment or does it bind a created copy of their soul to it without affecting the original spirit?

dules work the same with a few exceptions that may come up but aren't worth mentioning at the moment, duel spirits are about as common as people although the more powerful ones prefer nature and stick to areas like lakes forests caves ect., when placed inside a tablet the spirit becomes bound to it forced to serve it's holder and will therefore, unless they form a friendship with the holder, choose to remain inside it outside of combat. and i know you didn't ask but just in case you were wondering once a tablet is bound to a spirit a summoner can make extra copies of it (an explanation for having more than one of a card in your deck) as long as they still have the original

Archived