[Written] Blue-Eyes Krystal Dragon (Retrain)

leafbladie

So much like how "Red-Eyes" retrained "Summoned Skull" and "Meteor Dragon", I decided it'd be cool to retrain "Krystal Dragon" to be in the "Blue-Eyes" archetype. I already did a retrain like this before, but I thought it'd be fun to try and improve it a bit more, partly by actually making it part of the archetype. Anyway, here it is:

Blue-Eyes Krystal Dragon

Dragon-Type/LIGHT/Level 8/ATK 2500/DEF 1000

You can reveal this card in your hand, then target 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster you control; return it to the hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card. You can only Special Summon "Blue-Eyes Krystal Dragon" once per turn this way. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can activate 1 of these effects:

*Add 1 Level 8 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.

*Special Summon 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster from your hand or Graveyard.

I like this card. Its first effect triggers Maiden, giving you a Blue-Eyes White Dragon in addition to this card, generating Xyz plays. This first battle effect is meh considering that Melody is now a thing, but at least it has some uses like generating Blue-Eyes/Alternative plays. The second effect, however, is pretty great for Synchro plays since it can SS the Tuner returned to the hand for this card's summon, or SS a Tuner from the Graveyard. Its stats are ok, too. They match with the original Krystal Dragon, so the flavor is on point.

Minor OCG Fixes:

You can target Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster you control; return it to the hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Blue-Eyes Krystal Dragon" once per turn. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can activate 1 of these effects:

● Add 1 Level 8 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.

● Special Summon 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster from your hand or Graveyard.

Archived