Kwagar Hercules

KwagarHercules-TP1-EU-SR-UE.jpg

One of my favourite Fusion Monsters because it is literally a combination of a Stag Beetle and a Hercules Beetle (with added spikes on the elytra). I really like Fusion Monsters that are obviously made up out of multiple parts, and this is a great example. Admittedly Kuwagata Alpha is a very unusual Stag Beetle, as I'm pretty sure they don't usually have hands, but it makes a lot more sense than Bracchio-raidus, Pragtical, Mavelus and of course Musician King.

Of course one of the main reasons I like this is because its an Insect.

I would genuinely try and use it if I owned it and the Fusion Materials IRL. Although I would prefer it if Hercules Beetle had been a Level 4 and this had been Level 5.

Guest BGMCANN0N

They need to do something for these Lv 6 and higher Normal Fusion Monsters anyhow... Like give them their own Instant Fusion, a Fusion that uses Fusion materials from the hand or Deck, or something... I think that is a bridge Konami can cross since these guys will generally be  forsaken things in the card pool without our trusty Magical Scientist.

They need to do something for these Lv 6 and higher Normal Fusion Monsters anyhow... Like give them their own Instant Fusion, a Fusion that uses Fusion materials from the hand or Deck, or something... I think that is a bridge Konami can cross since these guys will generally be  forsaken things in the card pool without our trusty Magical Scientist.

Maybe something like:

Fusion Summon 1 non-Effect Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using Fusion Materials listed on that card from your Deck.

I tried to take the text from EHERO Prisma and Fusion Conscription so as to imply that they have to be exact Materials. (to prevent Metalfoes Crimsonite turning this into double Foolish Burial)

There might still be carcinogenic interactions, maybe with some of the old HERO Fusions, but I'm not sure how much HERO decks like milling outside of Shadow Mist (which is too new to have a named Fusion) and Malicious and I don't think that has a named Fusion.

It is instant Level 6 fodder in Dino Rabbit.

BEUD! Is milling all 3 BEWDs good though? They need some in hand for Alternative.

Anyhow, nothing much to really discuss about this card, other than that art is really cute. 1900 ATK is so so so low, omg powercreep has done wonders for the game.

I support the idea of an Instant Fusion or something else for Level 6 vanilla Fusions; Metal Dragon deserves some love, too.

Anyway, Kwagar Hercules is simply underwhelming. At least it makes Kuwagata α and Hercules Beetle searchable by Conscription and Reserve, and millable by Prisma, for whatever that's worth.

Archived