Terribliss (Or Tibbens, Whichever Bear Descriptor Scares You More)

Black D'Sceptyr

RUN.

terribliss_by_bdsceptyr-damcm4a.png

[spoiler=Terribliss: Errata]

Continuous Trap Card

Lore: When this card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher Flip monster from your hand in face-down Defense Position, and if you do, change the battle position of 1 monster on the field. You can target 1 face-up monster you control with a Level; destroy it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Flip monster from your Deck that is 1 Level higher than that target, in face-up Attack Position or face-down Defense Position. You can only use 1 "Terribliss" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

...2 of this card, minimum, in any Shaddoll and Subterror Deck you can find. It's really good. What did you think I meant, bloke?

2nd installment of the great Nights of Fright brings us this grisly terror lurking beneath. NO NOT SUBTERRORS YOU PONCE tho it does support them well. I'm talking about bears. Bad news, as I've heard. So has K.A. Applegate, the creator of Animorphs, because the Spanish word of the day to describe a big enough bear-like the morphed one making its rampage through the enemy base in the scene this card got its name from-is terribles. 

Get it? 

Anyways, that's card #2 underway.

Until then, may the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

BDS, signing off.

Seems pretty cool, though I don't think it should have the destruction/battle protection, most Flip focused decks run "Prediction Princess", and honestly she's all the protection/disruption potential needed. I get that it's slower as a Trap, and can be stopped by MST since it's a Continuous, but it feels a bit unnecessarily tacked on, especially considering in "Subterrors" which have "The Hidden City". I do like the secondary effect, lot more situational, but it's nice to have the ability to destroy Flip monsters that are face-up and you have no need for, and get another one to use, also, it helps avoid targeted effects which works wonders against things like ABC. Also, you don't need to specify "During either player's turn," it's assumed since it's a Continuous Trap, see Eternal Soul/Return of the Red-Eyes

Seems pretty cool, though I don't think it should have the destruction/battle protection, most Flip focused decks run "Prediction Princess", and honestly she's all the protection/disruption potential needed. I get that it's slower as a Trap, and can be stopped by MST since it's a Continuous, but it feels a bit unnecessarily tacked on, especially considering in "Subterrors" which have "The Hidden City". I do like the secondary effect, lot more situational, but it's nice to have the ability to destroy Flip monsters that are face-up and you have no need for, and get another one to use, also, it helps avoid targeted effects which works wonders against things like ABC. Also, you don't need to specify "During either player's turn," it's assumed since it's a Continuous Trap, see Eternal Soul/Return of the Red-Eyes

You're...wholly aware of how brick-happy Prediction Princess builds are, right? But I will change the 1st effect anyways-felt it didn't lend to the implicit horror of the card-and the speed it should be enabling. Thanks.

You're...wholly aware of how brick-happy Prediction Princess builds are, right? But I will change the 1st effect anyways-felt it didn't lend to the implicit horror of the card-and the speed it should be enabling. Thanks.

I mean, yeah, there's always a brick issue with Rituals, but Hungry Hieratics is better than pure Hieratics for the simple reason that it's searchable by "Pre-Preparation of Rites", and likewise Flip Effect decks benefit much the same, as they can get "Prediction Princess" with it too, and unlike a lot of other Rituals, you can exceed its Level and still be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived