[Written] Train Synchro (4 Cards)

leafbladie

So one day, I was watching some Rank10Streaming when some guy claimed that Trains were the perfect Synchro archetype. Of course, it was just a joke, but it still made me consider possibly tackling the idea of Synchro card. As of right now the only Synchro you could probably run legitimately in Rank 10 Trains is "Star Eater", but only if you're running "Effect Veiler". So I thought it might be fun to make a Tuner and Synchro based around burn effects, since the first effect of "Revolving Switchyard" only prevents battle damage to your opponent. I also thought it'd be fun to throw on a pre-errata "Ring of Destruction" effect, so tell me what you think:

Coal Power Cell

Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 4/ATK 2600/DEF 0 (Tuner)

You take all Battle Damage your opponent would have taken from a battle involving this card. You can inflict Damage to your opponent equal to this card’s Level x 100, and if you do, this card’s Level becomes 1. You can only use this effect of “Coal Power Cell” once per turn. During the End Phase, if this card in the Graveyard was used for the Synchro Summon of a Machine-Type monster this turn: You can add 1 Level 10 EARTH Machine-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.

Traincastle

Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 11/ATK 0/DEF 3500 (Synchro)

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 Level 10 or 11 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. While a Level 10 or lower monster is face-up on the field, negate its effects during the turn that monster was Normal or Special Summoned.

Burning Passion, Distress Express

Machine-Type/FIRE/Level 11/ATK 3200/DEF 2800 (Synchro)

1 “Coal Power Cell” + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's Synchro Summon cannot be negated. When Synchro Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. Negate the effects of an opponent's monster destroyed by battle with this card (including in the Graveyard), and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, inflict damage to both players equal to its ATK.

Phantom Train Fortress Enterblathnir

Machine-Type/EARTH/Rank 11/ATK 3400/DEF 3000

2 Level 11 monsters

Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then activate 1 of these effects;
● Banish 1 card your opponent controls.
● Banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand.
● Banish 1 card from your opponent's Graveyard.
● Banish the top card of your opponent's Deck, face-up.

Time to review (also, thanks to a hot tip from a fellow Deviant saving me from my dearth of Trains, I can easily spare a couple more pics for these two Synchro entrants if you're kosher.) 

CPC is amazingly amazing. Tuner that hits for big damage when the Trainyardx Summons it, Gravefloats more Trains when a Synchro Summon is enacted (might make Snow Plow Hussle Rustle teachable again, if only for the backup plan-and comes in at a whopping 2600 ATK?! But seriously though, 1000 damage is childs play of a resticiton-guys dish out 1.5/twice that for Solemn cards alone, even in LP-drain intensive decks (eg. Kozmo) Needs something more.

My suggestion, of course, is that every time it wrecks something in battle, it loses ATK equal to that monster's ATK, plus it can't make direct attacks. So it works with CPc's coal supply possible running out, and also allows it to still make its plays over Ophion. Only does it once, but hey, its Train Support-go into Gustav and hit for another fourth of life if its not enough for ya. 

So, good card with a restriction in need of more...restriction. Conjunction Junction, what's your function.

Hooking up Synchs and burning and beat-sticks.

(see cause that's what Burning Passion does...but seriously, let's have this name rhyme for Anna Kaboom's sake. Burning Passion Distress Express sounds awesome already and I just thought of it. 

Anyways, mecha-Star Eater with damage input coming (through battle) and going (through destruction) is cool, and so's negating the effects of the monsters it battles. Good luck stopping it, Utopia the Lightning, Blue-Eyes Twin Burst, freakin' Crystal Wing that should be called Broken Wing because of what its done to every Synchro-capable Deck with any sense of continuity seriously, I need to stop spacing out so much. 

3200 ATK ensures it'll get past 80% of the standard threats easy, too. Sucks you specifically need the CPC to Synchro it out, but it's something I can live with, 'specially since it can guaranteed get back some extent of its Summoning cost. Congrats on your intro into Synchro Trains, it's looking good so far. Perhaps a Synchro Train with heavy protection is next up on the (Special) Schedule?

• 2 weeks later...

Traincastle

Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 11/ATK 0/DEF 3500 (Synchro)

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 Level 10 or 11 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. While a Level 10 or lower monster is face-up on the field, negate its effects during the turn that monster was Normal or Special Summoned.

Phantom Train Fortress Enterblathnir

Machine-Type/EARTH/Rank 11/ATK 3400/DEF 3000

2 Level 11 monsters

Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then activate 1 of these effects;

● Banish 1 card your opponent controls.

● Banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand.

● Banish 1 card from your opponent's Graveyard.

● Banish the top card of your opponent's Deck, face-up.

Kay, we need to talk about the names of these two monsters. Starting with Traincastle Skypalace Cargolonimbus. (combination of Cargo and Cumulonimbus.)

Summons a Level 10 or 11 monster on Summon, so the High-Level Trains, Distress Express, and/or Sky Eater may sleep well today. And it negates the effects of 10 or lower monsters during the turn they're Summoned: nice since you normally Xyz your way to glory in Trains, but...a bit dicey for most of the other plays you could well make. I've always maintained Spirit Drain is wondrous for keeping Derricrane and Night Express as hefty beaters, but it also leaves out any hope for your other Main Deck monsters. Of course, I could be wrong-this may hurt your opponent more than you, especially in that Eidolon/Satellarkinght/Raidraptor/anything that works on Summon triggers.

Really have little else to say on this that the rampant name change above hasn't. Simple, brutal and effective WAIT NEVERMIND I DO HAVE ANOTHER THING TO SAY.

May be a tad generic, considering, but it clearly follows in Cloudcastle's footsteps so...YEAH NO. See about putting a limit on that. Make it so it only accommodates Machines. Because this will quickly turn into what Infinity was for Xyzes: an easily-but-not-too-easily summoned floodgate for the worst impulses of Duelists. Yeah I know, no ATK. Neither was Thousand-Eyes, but people still Instant Fusion it for s***s and giggles. 

And now for Phantom Train Fortress Enterblathnir  holy Foley no, may I suggest (Superdreadnought?) Rail Cannon Carrier Barrier. 

Has more ATK than Enterprisenir and can use its effects during either turn. Hm. I say-this is a Rank 11-not exactly much ways you're summoning this, beyond the 2 Lev11 Synchros, so here's my humble suggestion. 

Carrier Barrier should have an alternate way of summoning-like a Rank 9 or 10 Machine-Type Xyz, for example. The condition it's in is up to you. Keep it from being affected by one type (Monster, Spell or Trap) of card effect too, for a couple of turns (money's on monster effects here, because of the last effect). Also, Carrier Barrier can banish: but only monsters on the field whose effects are negated, and only during your turn. And his Xyz ability allows you to, during either turn, negate the effect of a monster(s) on the field with the same (permanently) and nuke your opponent for damage equal to its DEF. So it handles the field well, keeps everything tidy and hits for big damage and lockdown. Something we all look for in a boss.

Which is what it is.

Wonderful additions, tho.

Archived