JOIN THE DAWNGUA- Wait wait! Wrong game :p (Vampire Hunter archetype)

Kanashimi

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these Vampire Hunter member is actually a Vampire in disguise?

• Cucule
    • Jessica
    • Ferret
    • Silva
    • Rakam
    • Eugene

This is something i really want to do with . . . .

[spoiler=Lovable Field Spell'']

ZombieWorld-LCJW-EN-UR-1E.png

Okay now for the archetype itself:

[spoiler=Archetype story'']

Once upon a time, in a faraway, where there are pitch-black darkness enveloping the land, monsters everywhere and Vampire lurks after the dusk, terrorizing anyone who lives there.

But, a mysterious one-eyed man founded a clan specializing in Vampire Hunt, they call themselves as Vampire Hunter. Armed with anti-Vampire equipment, devastating pistols and shotguns, even a cannon, with a shiny multiple silver bullet, they shot hope and dreams, for those who lives on that land so that they will be free from the terror of the Lord of the Night, life without fear from them.

After years they founded it, to their surprise, Vampire seems to be lurking more than it used before, their number increases as they slaying the blood-drinker creature. But the increasing number only for a minor Vampire, as they already defeated many of the Vampire Lords in their time.

Then rumor starts spreading that one of the Vampire Hunter's member is a Vampire in disguise. Thirst for power and greed, the Vampire in disguise slay their own fellow to absorb their power and gaining for themselves, using Vampire Hunter's name for that purpose. Not only that, since the Vampire Hunter's mission is to defeat those Vampires, accidentally slaying their Vampire rival so that this disguising Vampire can become one and only strongest Vampire ever live. That's explain the increasing number of Vampire minion, as they attracted to the greater power of Vampirism Aura, coming from the Vampire Hunter clan itself.

But one thing for sure, if this Vampire in disguise is able to conceal their greater power so that no other member's in the Vampire Hunter clan can feel the presence, that must be one strong Vampire, maybe the strongest Vampire Lord/Lordress.

[spoiler=Vampire Hunter members'']

qcMt1Sk.png

Cucule the Vampire Hunter

EARTH/Level 3

Warrior/Effect

You can discard this card, then target 1 "Vampire Hunter" monster you control; it can make a second attack during this turn Battle Phase. If "Vampire Hunter" monster you control destroys a monster by battle or by its effect: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Vampire Hunt" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Cucule the Vampire Hunter" once per turn.

800/1400

"Youngest member of Vampire Hunter clan, she joined the clan right after Ferret joined, making her the last member currently joined. Reason of her joining because she once saw the mysterious one-eyed man in action, slaying the blood-drinker creature and saved her life. Once she's being saved, she want to save the other's from the terror too. She is supportive party in the clan, much like Jessica does."

mP2ps4A.png

Jessica the Vampire Hunter

EARTH/Level 3

Warrior/Effect

You can discard this card, then target 1 "Vampire Hunter" monster you control, this turn, if it destroy a monster by battle or by its effect; banish 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field. If "Vampire Hunter" monster you control destroys a monster by battle or by its effect: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Jessica the Vampire Hunter" once per turn.

1000/1200

"Her family has long gone when a sudden attack from the vampire obliterated them. She has a huge grudge against vampirism and their kinds. Being born in a famous and wealthy family, and she inherited their wealth after the incident, she supports the clan with armament, equipment, and funds they need went they begin an operation. With her huge and light cannon, she supports the team from the back, blasting the vampires into end of night."

ABXzypC.png

Ferret the Vampire Hunter

EARTH/Level 4

Warrior/Effect

During either player's turn: You can target up to 2 Zombie-Type monster from either player's Graveyard; banish them, and if you do, decrease or increase the Level of all monsters your opponent's control by the amount of card(s) banished (your choice). You can only use this effect of "Ferret the Vampire Hunter" once per turn. If this card attacks a Zombie-Type monster: You can destroy that monster (without applying damage calculation.)

1400/1400

"A Feline-race Vampire Hunter. With a strong claws, sharp fangs, and his superior agility, he can outmaneuver the vampires once he is in the hunt. Also his sharp claws is useful for tearing the blood-drinker apart, rendered them unable to be resurrected by magic, annihilate every inch of their body. He is the frontline attacker on the clan, same position shared by Silva and Rakam."

wUn0H9f.png

Silva the Vampire Hunter

EARTH/Level 4

Warrior/Effect

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned while your opponent control a Zombie-Type monster: You can add 1 "Vampire Hunter" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Silva the Vampire Hunter". You can only use this effect of "Silva the Vampire Hunter" once per turn. If this card attacks a Zombie-Type monster: You can destroy that monster (without applying damage calculation.)

1600/1200

"No one knows her true name, she is known in the Vampire Hunter clan as Silva, the silver hair with a silver bullet, shine bright like a silver in the battlefield, that's where the name come from. Long-modified shotguns at her disposal for a mid-long range attack, and shortsword for a quick-short distance attack, she is very adaptable at hunt. Because she's always act silent and do the hunt on her own, making the other member's worried and immediately support her when she needs."

Jf2Al67.png

Rakam the Vampire Hunter

EARTH/Level 4

Warrior/Effect

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned while your opponent control a Zombie-Type monster: You can Special Summon 1 "Vampire Hunter" monster from your hand, except "Rakam the Vampire Hunter". You can only use this effect of "Rakam the Vampire Hunter" once per turn. If this card attacks a Zombie-Type monster: You can destroy that monster (without applying damage calculation.)

1800/1000

"A charming and eccentric man, he's the second member ever joined in the clan, the first being Eugene and the third being Silva. He joined the clan because protecting the land is a manly job and to get off of their bloody hands on this land. Wielding a sword and modified gun-sword, he's very skillful and always end the hunt with so-he-called, stylish-finish. He's very dependable fighter, making the other member gladly joined him at hunt."

L8wDPYo.png

Eugene the Vampire Hunter

EARTH/Level 5

Warrior/Effect

If your opponent control a Zombie-Type monster: You can discard this card and 1 other card from your hand; Special Summon 1 "Vampire Hunter" monster from your Deck, except "Eugene the Vampire Hunter". You can only use this effect of "Eugene the Vampire Hunter" once per turn. During your either player's turn: You can banish this card and 1 "Vampire Hunt" card from your Graveyard; this turn, destroy any monster that attacks "Vampire Hunter" monster, also if attacks is declared involving "Vampire Hunter" monster, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

2000/1500

"Founder of Vampire Hunter clan, simply called Commander Eugene by his fellow member, he's the most mysterious person in the clan and no one knows his past. As a commander, he can order clan's member immediately to charge in a specific hunt, while also providing a backup support when they are in troubles. His fighting skills cannot be questioned, as his left-eye scar, muscular body, and his tactics command explains it. When he begin the hunt, and encounter the vampires, he always smiled, smile as he seems to be enjoyed by the encounter."

[spoiler=Vampire Boss in disguise'']

"Good night old man, surprised? Why with such dark face? Where's your usual laugh when you're on the hunt, hmmm? Or you can . . . LAUGH TO MY BLOODY ASS OFF!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Good thing thanks to you and your small clan, i'm able to come this far.

Ah that glorious time when i see my sister Carmilla begging for mercy, and my brother's Dracula dying face. Not even myself alone can defeat them one by one, so thanks to your bloody clan once again, WE DEFEAT THE VAMPIRE LORDS! HUMANITY WILL RISE! Are you bloody kidding me?! HAH!

And oh Ms. Rich there, once i have a small game with my brother. You see some pesky human been sniffing around our territorial and we thought we should kill them before they becomes trouble. Sadly i lose the game and i myself should get rid those human. And you know who? YOUR BLOODY FAMILY!! MWAHAHAHAHA! But looks like i missed a small rat in the kitchen alive. You can't blame me, my brother ordered me to do so logically, he should be responsible for the death of your parents and your bloody family, HAH!

Also for Ms. Small-wannabe-hunter, oh and oh we should protect people from the vicious attack of the vampires! YOU ARE NOT PROTECTING ANY BLOODY THING! Are your bloody brain are sane?

I've enough of this, i can't play hero anymore, having absorbed my sister's blood magic, and my brother's secret of life drain. NOW I'M BLOODY INVINCIBLE! I'LL BECOME ONE AND ONLY STRONGEST BEING EVER LIVE! Thanks to those powers i have absorbed, and thanks to your Vampire Hunt fighting skill, now i'm both Ultmate Vampire and Perfect Hunter myself, i will absorb all of your life spirits and powering myself up again and I KNOW ALL OF YOUR BLOODY WEAKNESS! SO PREPARE TO DIE!!"

[spoiler=Revelations'']

ExWjnB7.png

Vlad the Vampire Lord

DARK/Rank 4

Zombie/Xyz/Effect

2 Level 4 Zombie-Type monster
2 Level 4 Zombie-Type monster
You can Xyz Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) by using "Ferret the Vampire Hunter" and 1 Zombie-Type monster form either player's side of the field as Xyz Materials. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon "Vampire Bats Token" (Zombie-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) up to the number of Zombie-Type monster your opponent's control. You take no battle damage involving "Vampire Bats Token", also your opponent cannot target monster you control for attacks, except "Vampire Bats Token". If "Vampire Bats Token" battles a monster, before damage calculation, this card gains that monster's effects (it can activate that effect without paying the cost), and if you do, halve the ATK and DEF of that monster, then negate that monster's effect. This card gains 200 ATK for each monster that are banished. You can only control 1 "Vlad the Vampire Lord".

1400/1400

"The red moon awakes, shines upon the deepest and darkest part of this land. Once his fellow hunter treat him as family, and once she call him as older brother, are no longer. Red bats surrounding, and vampire minions worship him, as he ascended to the throne of the Lord of the Night. Growing powerful, he turns the land whose those hunter protects, into a deep-dark-unnering sight as he call it, Zombie World, suffocating to those who has seen it. As he mastered the Vampire Hunt skills, and the powers from both his sister and brother, he becomes a force to be reckoned with, and with a mad laugh he shout, WELCOME TO MY BLOODY WORLD! YOU UNINVITED GUESTS SHALL PERISH NOW!!!"

[spoiler=Vampire Hunt S/T'']

DRh8f5Z.png

Vampire Hunt Emerges!

Spell/Quick-Play

If you control a "Vampire Hunter" monster: "Zombie World" you control cannot be targeted by card effects until your next Standby Phase, also if you have no cards in your Field Zone, you can activate 1 "Zombie World" from your Deck. If "Zombie World" you control would be destroyed, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

"With a skyship provided by Jessica, the clan begin their hunt, in their pitch-dark desolate land they emerges from the sky. The hunt begins and the darkness shall perish. But the Commander seems to be smiled whenever he meets the vampire, enjoying the hunt."

HVPSFqs.png

Vampire Hunt Assault!

Spell/Continuous

If this card is activated: You can target 1 "Zombie World" from your Graveyard; shuffle it to the Deck, and if you do, all monster your opponent's control becomes Zombie-Type while this card is face-up. Once per turn, if "Vampire Hunter" monster you control destroy a monster by battle or its effect: Your opponent randomly discard 1 card from their hand. You can only control 1 "Vampire Hunt Assault!".

"The Jessica and Silva team begin their hunt, with Silva getting rid of short-mid range vampires, Jessica do the knock-out and stun the enemy behind her back. With her cannon, she can even destroy the hill or part of the mountain to make a landslide, sweeping of the blood-drinker creature."

DUx9P9D.png

Vampire Hunt Obliterate!

Trap/Continuous

Each time Zombie-Type monster(s) is Special Summoned: Place 1 Hunter Counter on this card (max. 6). Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can remove 3 Hunter Counter from this card, then target 1 face-up card on the field; destroy it. If "Vampire Hunt" Spell/Trap Card or "Vampire Hunter" monster you control would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), you can remove 2 Hunter Counter from this card instead. You can only control 1 "Vampire Hunt Obliterate!".

"Whilst the Cucule and Ferret team dancing on the battlefield. They got their partner's back. Both use short-ranged weapon, with a light-small body of Cucule and Feline-race agility from Ferret, they obliterated the vampires so fast and quickly, like a dance in the sorrow night. Eins, BAM! Zwei, DOR! Drei, BAM! DOR! Symphony of hunting the vampires."

bdzWyeQ.png

Vampire Hunt Stand Up!

Trap/Normal

Add 1 of your banished "Vampire Hunter" monster or from your Graveyard to your hand, then, if your opponent control a Zombie-Type monster, you can add 1 of your banished "Vampire Hunt" Spell/Trap Card or from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Vampire Hunt Stand Up!".

"They are outnumbered, vampires has ambushed them. But they dont want to give up. STAAAAAND UUUUP!!!!!! Rakam said. Suddenly their morale are rising, they stood up once again, fighting bravely and valiantly, tomorrow's shine awaits, bright future ahead, they wont lose that easily!"

TiFpMTI.png

Vampire Hunt Betrayal!

Trap/Normal

If you control "Vampire Hunter" monster: Special Summon 1 "Ferret the Vampire Hunter" from your Deck or Graveyard to your opponent's side of the field, and if you do, immediately after this effect resolves, Special Summon 1 "Vlad the Vampire Lord" from your Extra Deck, by using "Ferret the Vampire Hunter" and 1 Level 4 Zombie-Type monster from either player's side of the field as Xyz Materials (this Special Summon is treated as Xyz Summon), then destroy all "Vampire Hunter" monster you control. You can only activate 1 "Vampire Hunt Betrayal!" per turn.

"Thus the final battle begins, as he turns against his fellow hunter and reveal his true self, betraying to those who already knows him. A majestic appearance and intimidating aura emits from his outrageous vampirism. With his ultimate power, single handedly defeated all the Vampire Hunter members stand in his way."

Ok I'm really loving this vampire hunting archetype, they all synergize well and make massive use out of zombie world that we don't get to see so much. There's hardly a complaint to be had to be honest, the lore is 9/10, art is 10/10 again and fun factor is a definite 10/10. Being searchable by warrior supports but having some Dark World discard benefits and tons of anti-zombie (thanks zombie world) I can see this archetype being awesome. Now to wait on the big bad boss card and I'm quite excited to see it.

@DuskOkami thx (also thx for the vote answer if it's you, if not thx for whoever it is). Anyway, update~

> Added "Vampire Hunt Stand Up!".

> Added small description/lore to each card below their effects, to explain further details on whats going on or each member's own story.

No no no, not the boss yet, they still haven't discovered it yet :3

Wow, okay this is great. I love the backstory, and the artwork!

I won't be able to go too in-depth right now, but here's a short version of my thoughts:

So, I like how the Vampire Hunters are really great at creating and destroying Zombies. The idea of wrapping an Archetype neatly around an existing, yet highly underutilized Field Spell is inspiring, and you do a great job at turning the potential of the card into a reality. Examining the Archetype as a whole, and how their effects work as (I assume) intended, I like how battle-oriented it is, and the cards like Cucule and Jessica that discard themselves to support the field work well in tandem, giving you a nice cushion to make some space for field control. Assault is perhaps the icing on the cake, that aside from Zombie World, is the most powerful card in the Deck, allowing you almost total control over the field AND your opponents hand at the same time. Without that card, the Deck would be around the current Six Samurai strength, but with that card, it's most likely just below Top Tier (as long as you have a good hand and okay field). All it needs is Extra Deck support, and/or more scary Main Deck support cards to make it a bit more capable of standing up against the meta! 

Thx for the reply and vote guys~

How did you get the art work? It's really, really good!

I cant say the source now, as telling the source means telling who's the vampire in disguise. I'll answer until the boss are revealed. But one thing for sure, its from another game, i'm just taking the cropped image, put the background and story, then make the archetype, thats it.

Update:

> Last curtain are up, ready for the final battle, added a small conversations from the Vampire in disguise (look at the Vampire Boss in disguise spoiler), to narrow down the suspect of "whose the vampire?". The boss will come asap, atleast if im not busy with stuff irl (especially homework and test ;w;).

Thx for the reply and vote guys~

I cant say the source now, as telling the source means telling who's the vampire in disguise. I'll answer until the boss are revealed. But one thing for sure, its from another game, i'm just taking the cropped image, put the background and story, then make the archetype, thats it.

Update:

> Last curtain are up, ready for the final battle, added a small conversations from the Vampire in disguise (look at the Vampire Boss in disguise spoiler), to narrow down the suspect of "whose the vampire?". The boss will come asap, atleast if im not busy with stuff irl (especially homework and test ;w;).

Oh I totally know who it is:

[spoiler=Spoiler]

Silva

Boomp.

Also reminder Vampire Hunter archetype is now available on Duel Portal (public cards), so feel free to use and test them yourself (obviously without the boss until it get revealed :3).

And reminder for anyone, the vote is still open sooooo you can vote now before i reveal the boss, with a narrowed down list, that should make things easier~ (you can change your vote if you already answered wrong).

Right, keeping thine own eyes from being spoiled to the reveal, so let me review your wondrous cards of wondrous. Two things first though-I almost NEVER do reviews for card sets this big, considering the harrowing work I do to keep my cards up to date, so when I say you doing for Zombie World what Hieratics did for Advance Zone is PHENOMENAL. Also, My vote for who the vamp is is at the bottom of this review, but it was wholly inspired by my obsessive fixation on the Underworld series-follow the trail of power and you'll see who has the best motive to amass more. 

TO THE DAWNGUARD Vampire Hunters, then!

[spoiler=V.H. Monsters]

F5FnZju.png

,,,how dare you put someone this adorable in a MONSTER. HUNTING. CLAN. (but really tho, have such a soft spot for the cute-ask the Ghostricks. Preferably not while you're facing me with THESE, though, as I'll be most like gnawing through my finger nails. 

ANYWAYS. 

Discards to double tap, drops from graveyard upon destruction to search up the clan's backrow. Seriously, Cucule's like a safer walking version of Metalfoes Counter. 3 of, EASY, just cause of how easy it is to pitch for the good stuff. And really, who's turning DOWN a double attack-especially when the key can revive itself it the attack hits? Also, M-X Saber fodder is always welcome.

86Q3chT.png

Handtrap  that nukes spells if you wreck monsters. Feels like this acts a tad too late, but that's irrelevant as I'll touch on later. 

(also, think the second effect starts with

If "Vampire Hunter" monster you control destroys (note the boldface)

..just my two cents.)

Anyways, Jessica's second effect nets you a generic draw on the same conditions. Again, if this thing tackled Spell/Trap removal earlier than the attack (say, Main Phase), then replaced itself upon battle destruction, would be baller. But this is okay too. Really so, since, again, its a handtrap.

ABXzypC.png

(okay, what's with everyone thinking he's the vamp because of the ears, this would be WAY too obvious.)

Wow, I'm distracted hella hard. 

To this card then.

NO HAND or GRAVE TRAP EFFECTS WHAT SACRILEGE IS THIS (but seriously, this does fit a little, the hand/Grave traps were Lev3, Ferret's Level 4, do the math.) First effect touches on a theme I think is heavily underrated in Yu-Gi-Oh!: Level disruption. Putting things just out of reach for proper Synchros or Xyz Summons is AMAZING. And if you have the space for Possessed Dark Soul, it can be DEADLY.

That it also works on Graveyard disruption could easily make this splashable in Decks too Extra-Deck full to accommodate Rhaspody in Berserk or Abyss Dweller-or that just hate Graveyard triggers: Metalfoes Fusion, Shaddoll Fusion(s), Eidolon Summoning Magic, anyone?

Oh right, forgot, wrecks anything it attacks if Zombie World/Overhaunted One/DNA Surgery is up and acting. Because clearly

Tarkovskova: here I made card with Bottomless Trap Hole evasion stats that also disrupt Grave and Level like Infernoid on steroids

Also Tarkovskova: why it is not also Catastor lite

wUn0H9f.png

Aw yeah, now we're getting to the good generics. Clearly your 1st turn Reinforcement of the Army search. CLEARLY. NO DEBATING. 

Tutors on Summon with Zombie World on field; not itself, though, cause obvious reasons are obvious. And there's our Zombie-Construct attack effect there too, so clearly this is the Level 4 trait of the Vamp Hunters. Silva's stats are also respectable (I GUESS) especially since Cucule can let it make bankshots twice and Jessica can let it nuke backrow. (Both of those going off at the same time, then triggering Graveyard effects on Silva's first conquest? Priceless.) 

So yeah. 3 of her, 2-3 of her friend Ferret (don't want to clog that wonderful kitsune if we don't have Zombie World at hand immediately), and....

Jf2Al67.png

2-3 of him.This is what the Book of Life and Mezuki are bringing back-assuming Uni-Zombie and Solitaire has not already been revived for the 37th time in a turn or the PSY-Framelord OMEGAs aren't spinning back everything I need into everywhere it's needed. Summon him, Special Summon Silva, tutor up either Cucule or Jessica, pwn face, tutor a Vamp Hunt Spell/Trap (really a Trap, at this stage), Rank 4, Normal Summon Vamp Hunt to keep the back row happy-GO.

Speaking of such...

L8wDPYo.png

The ringleader cometh. 

-1ing to Summon another Vampire Hunter from the Deck would normally be a bit of a problem if not for 3 things: (1) Cucule/Jessica, (2) Zombie World and Book of Life making everything I send to the Graveyard live, and (3) That it isn't dependant on how many monsters YOU have, just what your opponent has. 

Banish effect is a bit more forgiving WAIT I GOT ANOTHER PLUS FOR EUGENE's 1st EFFECT. 

(4) Graveyard triggers. Mezuki and friends, anyone?

Banish effect is a  bit less forgiving tho, pardon the deja vu. Needs to be it and another Vamp Hunt card, but that should be okay in a pure enough build. Turns every Vamp Hunter you control into Heraldic Beast Basilisks on your opponent's turn (okay, that's three now we have too many battle-enders in this format. But I suppose it's necessary with us in the age of Moon Mirror Shield)  and Armaides on your turn. Pretty pro for a Level 5 there, Eugene. May actually have a good reason to run Feast of the Wild again now, in case Zombie World gets nuked. 

So three of him, but only because Eugene unbricks otherwise unwieldy hands. Not always gonna go for the hand trap effect tho-some situations require some refuge in the hand-ABCs for example. Though I might suggest making the Graveyard effect a static field effect, to help with the Vamp Hunter's field presence. They need hard field protection if you expect the triggers to reliably go off-battle triggers are usually frowned upon unless they can be put out quick-look at how Farmgirl's presence in Kozmo fell after they limited her main tutor, Emergency Teleport.

There's the main roster. I may dedicate another mini review to the turncoat, but no promises (Unlike these guys though. THESE guys are full of nothing BUT promise, especially in service to a Field Spell I felt never got its due. Might actually make Doomkaiser Dragon tech-able again.

[spoiler=V.H. Spells/Traps]

DRh8f5Z.png

Powercreeped Demise of the Land much?

But yeah, three of this and Terraforming (and Upstart) could effectively warrant a 25% chance, MINIMUM for you to open on suitable Field ground-especially with the disruption it (ZW) and Ferret can provide you. I'd recommend that this shuffle away a Zombie World into the Deck as a Grave trigger, rather than protect it from destruction. because target triggers are your main worry with the ZW. In the same vein as Pendulum Call, I mean. Nontargeting destruction is still few and far between, enough to warrant Vampire Hunt Emerges! putting its strength into other areas instead. Good as is though, I mean it's a QUICK PLAY. Bait out those Twisters, Tarkov!

HVPSFqs.png

Yeah, nix EVERYTHING I said about V.H. Emerges! Sure you don't have E.S.P.?

But yeah, Vamp Hunt Assault! effectively becomes a better focused Zombie World-numbers 9-12 if we're still going with the 3-of game I mentioned above. Congrats, you've hit Molmorat status with Zombie World-you magnificent ponce.

-1ing your opponent's hand upon destruction too? My GOODNESS it's a good thing this doesn't STACK, could you imagine. OH WAIT I CAN BECAUSE ROBBIN' GOBLIN IS STILL A THING. S' a good thing that Eugene makes sure the attacks go though too, because otherwise a battle trigger effect usually gets the stink eye from me, (Usually something to the tune of 'you know 99% of all Decks look at this and see "1 Phase too late" abbreviated in the effect, RIGHT?!')

This though? This goes in at 2. 11 ways to Zombie-disruption leaves another space open for a trap card to ensure they have more problems than wrecking this fragile Continuous Spell would be worth. Which helps me because, again, Eugene. May as well be the "You're NEVER attacking any decade soon" combo that Construct used to do single-handedly. 

5AtXpWz.png

Destruction disruption that your opponent action fuels. Kyoutou Waterfront, that you? 

But really, specify on what type of "Vampire Hunt" card that Vampire Hunt Obliterate! prevents from being destroyed. Do you mean a monster, the Spell/Trap line, both? Also, seems a tad redundant to give "Zombie World" specific immunity on both here and V.H. Emerges! Perhaps have Emerge (and if your next card features this, I'm screaming) generically protect a Field Spell. Yeah, it'll take the entire piss out of Demise of the Land, but let's be real, that occurred when it wasn't even considered as a backup plan for PSY-Frames, and they NEED their Field Spell. 

Otherwise, this is an easy 2-of.

bdzWyeQ.png

And here lies the Great Retrieval card. I'd REALLY suggest this Special Summon-you'll need the field presence, especially considering the lack of Grave revival in this Archetype's otherwise flawless strategy (save for the Zombie built-in cards, in which case, this might be for the best.) Really don't have much else to say, except the fact that this didn't get hit with the HOPT hammer, so yay for that. Still might only run 1 of, if only for the fact that it being a Trap means it's hella out of sync with something I may need right now-WHICH IS HOW A TRAP HAS TO WORK NOW. Maddening I know, but that's what Void Madness and every non-negation Trap being decade old revival hath wrought.

So there. Here's hoping the Extra Decker is a Rank 4 Zombie Xyz, Zombies need that edge - especially with Uni-Zombie's mill stipulation.

BDS, signing off. 

[spoiler=And now for my vote pick...]

Eugene. Has the authority to keep away inquiry into his past, gets jolly at the sight of (and killing of) Vampires, has an organization that assists him in doing it that HE FORMED-may as well call him Viktor and be done with it. (Another Underworld reference-don't worry, you''ll get it soon if not now. Watch it, it's addictive.)

What you just said

Thx for the review, anyway:

> Jessica: RIP, grammatical error, im bad at it, i'll fix it. As for the "too-late" S/T removal, i just want to stay on the lore + eff, the Lv3 is a supportive handtrap eff while giving bonus effect on bp and has banish eff when their "friends" destroys, better than nothing i suppose? Also banishing S/T is strong as lately a lot of floating S/T upon destruction. I know Mirror Force trap exist.

> Ferret: Low stats doesnt mean to avoid Bottomless Trap Hole, as it means it has a weaker body so you can take him out easily without using pure beater, because SS2 grave banish + Level disruption is strong against certain decks that relies heavily on Synch/Xyz, while maybe too weak/useless against a deck that relies on Fusion/dont care about Levels, whilst Bottomless is a 1 card-limited being put on 40-60 cards in 1 deck, like 1:40-60 chance here being drawn/played/set, and most people rarely run Bottomless afaik, even i dont run Bottomless Trap Hole, outside my Traptrix deck. Splashable if you either run Zombie World or your opponent use Zombies, otherwise running Ferret + Zombie World combo in other decks outside archetypal only for grave banish + Level disruption is kinda meh, meaning you need to open Ferret + Zombie World for suboptimal play only for that, not to mention if you just open ROTA/Ferret only or the Field/Terra only. Well who love Catastor? Who dislike Catastor? I mean Vampire Hunter originally has Catastor clasue (when battles, destroy without damage calc) but i changed it to (if attacks, destroy without damage calc) as because that Catastor clause is too strong. Given you have Zombie World and Vampire Hunter for example, and Emerges protection for Zombie World (easily searchable), there's no way my opponent gonna take him out via battle, unless it has Armades clause or pop'ing destruction, so like its one-sided and unfair. Thats why i changed it.

EDIT: I saw you added more review so i myself as well continue it.

> Eugene: Static fiield presence? Something like pop'ing protection? Hmmmmm maybe i'll take out armades eff for that. Or maybe adding additional monster protection to obliterate.

> Obliterate: Well, originally means Vampire Hunt S/T. Ah yes we already have emerges so no use this for protecting Zombie World, my bad, may as well adding monster protection too.

> Stand Up: I pick add instead of SS because: 1) I fear the SS effect wont work when the "boss" around (original effect) but after rethinking and changing, SS effect do actually work with the current boss effect. 2) Because adding means you can add Lv3 and Lv4 while SS only limited to Lv4 (because why you revive Lv3? they dont have field eff anyway) making "add" effect much more adaptable during situations when you need either the beater or the support/handtraps.

> As for boss: Yes expect to be Extra Deck monster. But Xyz seems . . . . idk, im building this archetype not for field swarm in mind but rather aggressive with most of them require specific card (Zombie World) and Battle Phase-oriented. Let's see what i can do about Xyz for the boss and see if it actually works here, because i doubt youre gonna Xyz'ing by playing this archetype (and not sure about Mezuki tech either, since V.H originally planned to standalone as an archetype).

Also expect the boss tomorrow, sooooooooo prepare yourself~~

Update*

> Fixed Cucule and Jessica text.

> Fixed Vampire Hunt Obliterate! so it protect both S/T and the monster (without Zombie World).

> Aaaaaaannnnnndddddddddd the climax, added the boss and Vampire Hunt Betrayal! Trap Card. Also congrats to those who voted correctly~

All of them are available on Duel Portal so once again, feel free to use/test them yourself (as i dont have the time currently). With this, Vampire Hunter archetype now completed and finished. Thanks to all of you guys for helping and voting~ (but i'm still open for any review and suggestions).

Looks like I'm back up again for version 2 of the Reviews, since a lot has occured now. 2 new cards, though, so it's okay (am a tad sad the story ends here though, woulda liked to see an advanced Vampire Hunter take it to the traitor, but hey, tragedies are a secret pleasure of mine.) Let's begin.

[spoiler=Vampire Lord: Xyz and Trap]

snQFMwc.png

AWW MAN, it was the obvious pick? Man, my senses have gone and undone me. DECIEVED, am I. Though the whole magic claws thing vindicated him since it prevented others from using the body of the vampire he turns them on from being used by anyone else...

(anyone but him, apparently)

OKAY THEN. TO THIS HUNTER TURNED....WELL, HUNTER. OF HUMANS, I MEAN. (Names wholly innocent too, its Ferret when Benedict would fit better.) (yea I know its Vlad now) (y tho, Ferret) (such a cinnamon roll) (now it's got arsenic)

Still holds Ferret's stats, so WOOT WOOT SWERVE ON THAT BOTTOMLESS! (oh, and to explain this Bottomless Trap Hole gag...well its a gag. I'm not seriously judging the card on going around that, its just something us reviewer-types do to riff on guys who rag on really good cards cause it can't get past the super-meta card of choice, like how Drew (dpYGO on Youtube) often riffs on a monster's self-protection effects if they can't protect against the nontargeting nondestroying effect of another limited card (hint: IGNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTER.) 

I don't know why the alternate Summoning condition is on both THIS card and his V.H. Betrayal! Trap. Seems redundant, like jellybeans on a donut. But it's welcome. Detaching Material to summon Tokens-okay this is a testy area, since 9/10 times, tokens usually serve as a paltry distraction unless they provide some MAJOR TIER protection. Inability to target Vlad for attacks is a good start, and. Maybe if it made your opponent's monsters take half the hit in battle damage (whether or not you take your half is your pick), but, like the suggestions below, you do not have to consider them all. Just spitballing with gold here.  

Really, though, my main bone is with the effect negation's okay without necessary granting Vlad the effect as well, as it can lead to some confusing plays, Especially with you not paying the cost. S'usually why effect adoption like that is restricted to Normal Spell/Traps you target, like the Darklords are doing. "This card effect becomes that target's effect when it is activated" could help errata-wise if you still wish to go the effect-gaining rou- 

WAIT HOLD UP I HAVE ANOTHER SUGGESTION.

The effect negation/adoption. Change it to forcing a new effect on the monster the Vampire Bats battle, something they'll hate. Like halving their ATK if they destroy a monster by battle. Then running the tokens in will be a mass drain on the enemy front line. Don't even need my previous battle damage bleed effect with this, its amazing.

200 extra ATK for each banished monster, though, only helps its addition into Zombie Deck builds, though, which is super nice. Between this and Shiranui-and the 3-at minimum usage of Book of Life, which this HAS to prompt now-Vlad can get big REAL QUICK. 

In short: Does so much (a tad too much?), but for so much good reasons. It's a boss, it's a Vampire Lord that the OTHER ACTUAL VAMPIRES CAN USE (hai Vampire Lady and  Sorceror, you're good now) it's the best Rank 4 Zombie Xyz running today, and it's otherwise paltry in ATK and DEF (unless, again, you're in mid-game and beyond). Fantastic job though, no matter which way you look at it. 

KWfbisx.png

See, this is what's up. Summons up the traitor Ferret, turns him into his True Form using it and another monster on the field as Material, then wrecks all the other Vampire Hunters. Pity for em, but that's what you get when Xyz Super Polymerization   I mean Vampire Hunt Betrayal! comes to be. 

S'also why I mentioned the redundancy earlier. Vlad's easy to summon without both this good addition and its own tack-on effect. Nick it from one card (Vlad himself, really, removing it from this would debone it) and you're good. Also, the "Immediately after this effect resolves" line, in this cards, should be the start of a new sentence. It implies the effect it resolves after is its own. Otherwise, if this is supposed to be part of a continuous cycle, take out the effect resolves part. Also, unless you're actually revealing a "Ferret the Vampire Lord" and not "Ferret the Vampire Hunter" later on-and I wouldn't mind that-saying you need to Xyz Summon using the earlier may run into some...problems.

Here, I'll do you a solid on this one, to keep anything I mentioned here from being misinterpreted. I love the card, I'm just doing this to point out some discrepancies and help the Duel Portal it's all going to.

If you control a face-up "Vampire Hunter" monster: Special Summon 1 "Ferret the Vampire Hunter" from your Deck or Graveyard to your opponent's side of the field. Immediately after this effect resolves, Special Summon 1 "Vlad the Vampire Lord" from your Extra Deck, by using 1 "Ferret the Vampire Hunter" and 1 Level 4 Zombie-Type monster from either player's side of the field as Xyz Materials (this Special Summon is treated as Xyz Summon), and if you do, destroy all face-up "Vampire Hunter" monsters you currently control. You can only activate 1 "Vampire Hunt Betrayal!" per turn.

Should be it. I really love this reveal, it actually surprised and amazed me, and I usually have a mental cornerstone on how vampire stories go. Keep up the SPECTACULAR work, Tarkovskova, you've earned my admiring envy.

What you said.

> Vlad: Well i choose "this card gains effect" rather than "this card becomes that effect when activated" because, it actually is 2 whole different things. "gains effect" as it means he can keep gaining effect from the bats so that he will be having 2++ effects, as also following his lore and his ability to drain powers from enemy. While "become that effect" overwrite his previous effect with a new one soooo, its weaker.

> As for debiliating effect from bats, giving negative effect to said monster that battle (like halving attack), well thats interesting, also lore-wise can be explained as he is vampire, draining someone's life and weaken them. But lets see, since the current text/effect is already long, adding more effect can ended up the boss become a giant wall of text. Pure build can power him up from banished monster, as Cucule/Jessica has banish effect, Eugene too, even Ferret (secretly) banish Zombie to power up in his true form. Something like 2.8K+ ATK after my test with the deck.

> Its a misstype, means for Ferret the Vampire Hunter . . . *commit sudoku* i'll fix that. Also for immediately text, hmmmmmmm, okay, but lemme ask someone with a good understanding of PSCT (yea i remember "immediately" text should be at the end afaik).

Should be it. I really love this reveal, it actually surprised and amazed me, and I usually have a mental cornerstone on how vampire stories go. Keep up the SPECTACULAR work, Tarkovskova, you've earned my admiring envy.

Well i'm no longer Tarkovskova lel, anyway thx for your suggestions and review~

As for the . . . *ahem* good ending, i actually already planned from the start, but scrap it due to: 1) I like bad ending more, 2) Lack of resources. But hmmmm maybe adding the good ending is not bad too, but dont expect too much, as i already stated the reasons above, but i easily change my mind sooooooooooo :>

Archived