Yu-Gi-Oh! ReReborn [IC/On Hiatus]

JessicaMuddy

BoyHoldingHawk.jpg

Michael was waiting for the person at the desk to finish signing him up when suddenly, someone grabbed his shoulder, spun him around roughly, and grabbed him by his shirt. It was a girl about his age that had long blonde hair that was partly purple. She looked really pissed.

"What the hell is your problem, Richie Rich? You think you can cut in front of me just because you have some dumb muscle and some cash?" She said all this loudly, attracting attention from other people. Good, Michael loved attention. 

"Please let's keep this civil,"said the person who was signing Michael up. The girl briefly looked over at them, and then stared right back at Michael.

"I've been waiting to duel in this tournament for years. What gives you the right to cut in front of me on your little rich kid lark, huh?" Razor screeched loudly at her, making her slightly flinch. "Don't do that Razor, she has the right to argue. It must be very frustrating for someone to cut in front of you when you have been waiting in line all day, I am so sorry"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Michael and Houki stared each other down, the staff manning the desk stood up and confronted them. "If neither of you stand down now, I will not allow either into the competition." She looked at the two with dead set eyes, then reached down into her socks and pulled out (some) of the cash. "You can keep it unless you're willing to move along." She opened Michael's hand and placed the notes in it for him.

x393wz.jpg

After what felt like (and was also literally) hours, the entire mish-mashed cast of contestants for the tournament filed inside a large waiting room. The area mostly resembled an airport terminal, with many rows of seats and some food shops around the outside. Many indulged in the free food those stalls had to offer, and many sat on seats, indulging in their personal thoughts. After some fifteen minutes went by, the sound of feedback from a microphone screeched through the room, and a voice began.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I welcome you to our Seadown Dueling Arena, and I hope you have enjoyed the complementary snacks available at the moment." A skinny man in a horribly brown suit stood on a small stage in one corner of the room, and was speaking into a set of microphones there. "As there are at least one hundred people in this room, we will have to have one round of our tournament behind the scenes, before the tournament begins. I apologize for this, but half of you in this room will not be having your chance in the limelight. I know this is sudden, and may come as a shock to you, but we ask for your assistance in this process. Now, please listen carefully while I read the matchups for these duels. When your name is called out, please follow our staff to the designated dueling spaces."

Many people looked around in confusion, muttering phrases such as:

"What? Half of us won't even duel out there?"

"Behind the scenes? This is baloney!"

"I'd better get an easy opponent."

"And one more thing." the man said. "To slightly speed up this process, we will be holding tag duels, meaning each duel will be two versus two." And, without any more explanation, the man began to read the duels.

• Steven Dalavan and Hayato Hebi vs Harry Thompson and James Zammit
  •  
  • Kagami Saito and Junko Nakazawa vs Jack Harper and Lillith Bengle
  •  
  • Sota Ito and Akira Sensa vs Ingrid Dallas and Blaze Yarra
  •  
  • Elijah Diamond and Ryo Takeshita vs Dillon Jackson and Cathy Kirsten
  •  
  • Hiro Yamashiro and Heidt "The Hype Man" vs Yoko Moroguchi and Sarah Wilson
  •  
  • Takei Hisashi and Kyoko Azikairu vs Dennis Falty and Giorgio Depescio
  •  
  • Esther Al-Mubarak and Big Ben vs Neville Banks and Vanessa Tilley
  •  
  • Houki Ashikaga and Michael Anderson vs Tenzin Geoff and Barry Stone
  •  
  •  Sam Naismith and Jackie Fortissimo vs Nathan Frankston and Alicia Greggs

x393wz.jpg

At the library where the newly discovered book was, people had been standing in line for hours, and were only now being let in. Inside they would find a portion of the building sectioned off, where people got their chance to read the ancient piece of history.

Mere moments after the names were called, Elijah mad his move, skirting around the crowd discreetly, in spite of his terrible obviousness. Having returned from his shower, it was impossible to miss him: he was a head taller than the majority of the room and glistening, for god's sake.

But when he arrived at the spot he and his partner were to Duel in, he stepped through the crowd and out into the open.

Elijah had cleaned up so well that you wouldn't recognize him as the weird, dirty kid eating candy that was in there an hour or so earlier. Chocolaty-brown hair brushed neatly across his head, hiking boots switched out for some clean, if a little worn, sneakers, even his clothes had been changed: A metal-black leather jacket with warm, burgundy fluff inside the collar and around the cuffs. a navy-blue T-shirt underneath and jeans to match the jacket. His duffel bag was still with him, but even it looked newer that before.

"Alright, so who the hell is Ryo Takeshito?" Elijah asked, looking back and forth in a decent impression of a popular Pulp Fiction meme.

ryoMugShot_zpsnrbbjlkb.png
Ryo Takeshita

Ryo ran as quickly as his legs could take him. The wind stung his eyes, tearing them up slighlty. Ryo never imagined that he'd be late for what could be the most important day of his life. Why do I always do this? he thought. Whenever he was nervous, Ryo fiddled around with random objects and occupied himself with useless and idle tasks. He had just finished organizing his entire room after school. I didn't take him long to realize that he was about to miss registration.

"Gah!" Ryo tripped, cursed himself, and kept running. Luckily, the Takeshita family didn't live far from the arena, or Ryo would never make it. The arena soon came in sight. Ryo rushed inside. There was practically no line, due to the tournament starting soon. Ryo, not watching where he was going, ran into another duelist. He didn't stop to see who it was, however. Ryo stopped right in front of the registration desk.

"Ryo Takeshita! I'm here to sign up for the-" Ryo inhaled dramatically, "tournament."

Wow, Tag Duels? Haven't been in many of those...

"Alright, so who the hell is Ryo Takeshito?"

Ryo spun around an the balls of his feet. A very tall young man stood at a designated area. Probably the duel field?

Ryo approched the young man, and words quickly spewed out of Ryo's mouth. "Ryo Takeshita, here. I'm assuming that you're Elijah Diamond? Nice to meet you! So what kind of deck do you run? Might as well get to know each others' decks while we still can, y'know? I use Stage HEROES!"

"Sota Ito and Akira Sensa" Sota followed one of the staff to his dueling area the second his name was called "Now then" he thought, somewhat impatiantly, as he attempted to search the crownd for his partner "Where is this "Akira" person?" Sota quickly spotted someone headied his direction, assuming it was his teammate for the duel he called out in an attempt to get his attention "Akira Sensa?"

It seemed like Akira was stuck in that line for an eternity, luckily he was to into his music to notice. All the duelists were finally accounted for and were moved into a large lobby area. With them being in a building, the chatter of the duelists seemed to drown out Akira's music. He took off his headphones just in time to catch his name being called along with another person's. "Sota Ito.... So this is a tag team tournament..." It didn't bother Akira much, it just meant that he was going to be making a friend and dueling partner today.

Akira made his way to the dueling area to search for his new partner. He was about to put his headphones on when he heard a voice calling him. "Akira Sensa?" He turned in the direction of the voice and headed over.

"Heh... So your Sota huh? Got to admit, I was surprised when they said this was going to be a tag team tournament for the first half... Heh, sorry... Akira Sensa at your service." Akira said with an outstretched hand and a simple smile.

"Akira Sensa at your service." Sota shook the young mans hand, amused with the person he'd be teamed with, he attempted to be as kind as possible, seeing Akira as a likely asset "Very nice to meet you, now then we don't have much time before the duels starts I'm sure so I hate to be blunt but we should probably get right down to our strategy." Sota pulled out his deck from his duel disk and began shuffling through the cards "I use a somewhat older archetype so my deck can be incredibly slow due to a lack of searching and very few ways to special summon, depending on what you use we should keep in mind the possibility that you may need to protect me until i can get out one of my aces." as he explained Sota showed Akira three of his best cards, a fusion, a synchro, and an Xyz.

Elijah gave Ryo -a distinctly shorter fellow, at least by his standards- a very critical look at first. The older duelist raised a hand and finger, his mouth opening for a second to say something, but then closed it immediately afterwards as he grabbed his own chin, deep in thought...

Stage HEROES... Pendulum archetype... also Fusion and Xyz, with roots in the classic style "Comedy of The Artist"... Elijah's eyes went wide with the shock of a sudden realization.

"Oh no... Don't tell me." Elijah's mouth split open into a massive, contagious grin as lowered his hands to rest on Ryo's shoulders. "Don't tell me that two Pendulum-wielding Entertainment Duelists just got put on the same team in a tag-team match, 'cuz that is just too damn rich for words!!"

Ryo secretly envied Eli's flashy intro and epic Duel Disk, but he didn't let it show.

Ryo pulled out a forest green Duel Disk, the standard model. From the rectangular body, the Deck and Graveyard Zones ejected outwards. A dark blue, curved blade of energy emerged. Both competitors had their Disks ready as well. Butterflies fluttered inside Ryo's stomach, but he was ready.

"Let's do this!"

"Very nice to meet you, now then we don't have much time before the duels starts I'm sure so I hate to be blunt but we should probably get right down to our strategy."

"Right to the strategizing part huh? Alright then..." Akira took his deck out of his duel disk and shuffled through it.

"I use a somewhat older archetype so my deck can be incredibly slow due to a lack of searching and very few ways to special summon, depending on what you use we should keep in mind the possibility that you may need to protect me until i can get out one of my aces." Akira looked at the cards that were more than likely these aces that Sota was talking about.

"Interesting... Don't know how much our decks can work with eachother, Cuz I use a U.A. deck. Oh... And a fair warning, when things start going down in these duels, expect some loud music." Akira said with a smile.

Elijah's Grin

Field Spell

All Pendulum-using Entertainment Duelists gain a morale boost and the ungodly sight of a piece of toffee stuck between Elijah's otherwise perfect teeth.

Yeah, that's how big it is.

Elijah laughs. "Eli works just fine!" He says, strapping a gunmetal-grey disk to his arm. "And for the record?" He gives Ryo the sidelong look of a co-conspirator and swipes his thumb across the screen.

With a spray of sparks, the device expands into a hexagon, with a circular screen and a spoke extending from the center of each side to the golden rim of the display, cutting the device into six, identical, kite-shaped sections. Elijah's Deck locks swiftly into the section above his thumb, and the two sections on the left and right of the far half light up blue and red respectively with a little Pendulum-crystal shaped screen, each big enough for a single character. The Graveyard slot on the far side center and the Spell and Trap slot opened opposite to that. A shallow, V-shaped energy blade formed along the outside edge, scaling from icy blue-bordered on the left to flaming red-bordered on the right, with a mesmerizing transition through deep purple in the center. All this in a few simple moments, and yet with every change and activating section, Elijah had a dramatic movement of his arm, head, leg, something to draw attention to this montage of preparation, -clearly rehearsed- until he had taken up a one-foot-forward-one-foot-back stance, his Duel Disk held like a shield in front of him.

"I'm always ready." He declares, his tone proud, with a hint of warning in the word "always."

Ryo secretly envied Eli's flashy intro and epic Duel Disk, but he didn't let it show.

Ryo pulled out a forest green Duel Disk, the standard model. From the rectangular body, the Deck and Graveyard Zones ejected outwards. A dark blue, curved blade of energy emerged. Both competitors had their Disks ready as well. Butterflies fluttered inside Ryo's stomach, but he was ready.

"Let's do this!"

edtPQGO.jpg

“Now, please listen carefully while I read the matchups for these duels. When your name is called out, please follow our staff to the designated dueling spaces." Hayato was listening to all the man had to say, but his face lit up with excitement when the man spoke those words. He listened intently for his name, and surprisingly, it was part of the first match. Tag Duels were certainly not what Hayato had expected, but he was hyped nonetheless.

“Steven Dalavan and Hayato Hebi vs Harry Thompson and James Zammit.”

“Steven… Sounds like he could be a good guy.” Hayato left the sushi stall he had been camping by, and headed over to a pair of staff members, evidently so by their shirts that read ‘Seadown Duel Arena Staff’. In between him and the workers were other contestants, and Hayato used his small body to his advantage to get between them, sliding, shimming and ducking in and around them to get through.

Next to them were three other people, none of which were staff, but rather contestants in the competition. One a small child, with blonde, messy hair and thousands of freckles, another a man who looked like he probably held a weightlifting world record at some point in his life. And the third was a regular looking teen, with emerald green eyes and an inviting smile. “I’d take it one of you is Steven?”

sF49Dwd.png

Steven heard the announcement emanating from the cheap-sounding speakers, but didn’t pay it much attention. Any monologue beginning with an apology obviously meant a delay, and there was probably nothing important other than an increased wait time. Of course, saying sorry could mean a cancellation of the whole event, but with so many people arriving here and all preparation that had been done beforehand, Steven give that thought much attention either.

A little later into the thin man’s speech, however, Steven suddenly switched his full focus onto him. Tag duels? Playing against new opponents would’ve been cool, but the excitement of a 2 on 2? This was completely unexpected, and he couldn’t remember it ever happening before at the Calisdo King Tournament. Steven pushed his way to the front, or at least, closer to the front of the crowd, just in time to hear the slightly clearer but still scratchy matchups for the tag duels.

“Steven Dalavan and Hayato Hebi vs Harry Thompson and James Zammit.”

He was surprised to hear his name first, but it was probably just some random pick and wouldn’t mean much. Shutting off his attention from the man on the stand for the second time, Steven elbowed his way to what seemed like a bunch of staff members. Either that or Seadown staff shirts had suddenly gone into fashion with the general public. Eventually breaking through the majority of the crowded attendees Steven continued forward to the workers, and, glancing around, it seemed like he had been the first to get there. Well, ignoring two other people who seemed to be in the middle of a conversation, but hey, close enough. One freckled and the other looking like his muscles were trying to escape his clothes, they seemed to be partners with the way they were looking at each others decks.

Leaving them alone, Steven turned back to the crowd, a smile forming on his face as he scanned the bustling people ahead of him for someone who seemed like a Hayato. Probably wouldn’t get him anywhere, considering how often people don’t like their name, but-

“I’d take it one of you is Steven?”

Steven gave a little start, having missed the blonde haired boy who was definitely much closer than most of the other duelists or whatever outside the stadium. He had startling blue eyes and some pretty cool-looking black clothing. Steven’s smile widened as he extended his hand.

“That’d be me, and I assume you are Hayato? Pleased to meet you, by the way.”

edtPQGO.jpg

Hayato took hold of the hand that extended out to him, and followed it up to the teenager’s face. “Yeah, that’s me.” His hold of Steven’s hand immediately turned to jelly. Hayato’s muscles were nowhere near the size of his opponent’s, and he didn’t have a bone of dominance in his body. “Nice to meet you too.”

One of the duel arena staff members saw that the four had acquainted with each other, and clapped her hands together. “Alright. Now that everyone’s here, it’s time to get started. If you’d all follow me, please.” The group of duelists and staff members all stood right by a door, and the employee beckoned everyone inside.

On the other side of the door was a large hallway, with many doors on either side. “As you might be able to tell, these are our… Training grounds, you could called them, for up-and-coming duelists.” Hayato glanced through a doorway and saw nothing but a large room, with sparkling black spheres in the corners.

“Are they for Action Duels?” Hayato inquired.

“They are, however we have decided not to use them in these first round duels, to speed up the process a bit more. Outside, in the arena, however... They will be used in every duel out there!” She said with a smile.

The staff and contestants made their way down the hallway to the very end, and the staff girl motioned for everyone to enter inside one of the doors. Hayato and the child on the other team almost danced in, incredible grins on their faces, while Steven attempted to walk in with a little more chill. That’s not to say he succeeded, but at least he tried. The tank-top wearing fitness buff was last to enter, and as he did, he cracked his fingers one at a time on each hand, and muttered: “This is gonna be too good.”

"Loud music? shouldn't be too much of a problem." Sota said, thinking only of getting in his teammates good graces "I'm going to have to deal with his series of noises interrupting my focus aren't I?" he thought. "Considering our current situation i think it's best we form a truce. Eventually we'll have to duel each other of course but until that time comes i think it would be best if we remained teammates after this tag duel, less competition for the both of us plus we'll have time to study each others decks and formulate a strategy." Sota gave as sincere a grin he could muster hoping that even if Akira could see through him he'd at least understand the advantages of an alliance. "I should probably run a few tests before we start, my duel disk is a prototype for an upgrade i'm trying to perfect and it could crash if i don't go through the start up routine." Sota began pressing various buttons on his older model, the second generation duel disk with a retractable metal blade, in place of the blue and red orbs in the center and on the blade were two light green ones which showed various statistics as he went through his program making sure everything was in working order "Can't have you shutting down before the big show can we?" he thought as he adjusted his creations settings.

L6BfLNr.png?1

While Junko's answer hadn't been entirely what Kagami was expecting, it only made her admire her pure determination towards this whole escapade as well. And so, the two of them ended up making their way through the line, attempting to sign up for the tournament. As they had waited there, her maid had then asked a question to her to which Kagami's face lit up. "Oh that does sound wonderful. I wonder what kind of eateries are  around in this place. Well, I suppose it is called Seadown, so one would assume seafood would be there most appealing kind of cuisine. And I haven't had seafood in quite some time either. How about you Junko? Does that sound like a pleasant idea to you?" As the girl had been speaking in an oddly rapid fire way, they eventually managed to cruise through the line and sign themselves up for the tournament.

After sign ins had finished, the actual announcements for the tournament had been underway. In an effort to bring the actual main event closer and sift through all the applicants faster, the participants were to partake in tag duels. Seeing the pairings, Kagami's expression became more sympathetic as she put her hand on Junko's shoulder. "Oh, I'm sorry that you had to be paired up with me for this," her expression then shifted to one that took on a more serious tone, "but I know even with that disadvantage you'll be able to shine brighter than both of those we would go against. Now then, let's get prepared and show them what a star you're going to be." 

The "HYPE" Man

x393wz.jpg

After a skirmish about some stupid kid trying to cut the line had been sorted, Heidt found waiting to be a total breeze. Even though he was usually a pretty impatient person, thinking about how stupid fun this tourney would be got him hyped enough to make it through this excursion. Though the man at the sign-up desk was pretty confused at how quickly Heidt was speaking, at first, after slowing down, and letting himself settle a little, Heidt was finally free to enter the tourney. Almost immediately, he made a beeline for the bathroom. After all, it wouldn't due for "The Hype Man" to no look his best!

Since there was so much to put on, Heidt took longer than normal to fully clothe himself, donning his famous dueling outfit. Though he wished he'd brought along some kind of sheet to put over himself to make his entrance even more stunning, but even he forgot things sometimes! Ah well, he thought, I'll just do it another time! Thankfully, in the bathrooms they put a speaker system just in case someone (a contestant or somebody watching the tournament) were inside, and some important announcement was to be made. Otherwise, he might not have heard what it had to say.

"Tag duel...?" He struggled to remember what that was, for a minute, before it clicked. "Oh. Ohhhh." His face instantly soured. He knew full well he wasn't exactly a team player, but to have to enter a tournament, and potentially be on the same team as someone who he'll meet in the finals? This was a disaster! Well, it wasn't like anybody who knew him didn't already know his deck-- and how it was aggressive to high hell and back-- but he'd been fixing it up to really shine this tournament!

"...Hmph. It's not all that important I win, I suppose..." He muttered this as he separated his Extra Deck, chock full of Xyz monsters, from his Main Deck, slipping it into one of the 4 deck holsters on his thigh. "Whatever! No negative thoughts! I'm too loud to keep a secret anyways, so my strategy for this tourney would've come out anyways! For now--" All dressed, set, and ready to go, Heidt burst out of the bathroom, skirt and poncho flaring dramatically. "--I need to find someone named Hiro!" With that, he strutted confidently through the crowd of people, calling out loudly, like many others in the crowd. "Hiroooo! Yamashiroooo!"

x393wz.jpg

q4ROMrI.png

"Oh that does sound wonderful. I wonder what kind of eateries are  around in this place. Well, I suppose it is called Seadown, so one would assume seafood would be there most appealing kind of cuisine. And I haven't had seafood in quite some time either. How about you Junko? Does that sound like a pleasant idea to you?"

"Seafood sounds wonderful," Junko cheerily agreed. It was then that the announcement was made. Junko flinched at the initial start of it all, but quickly regained her composure when she realized it was only the MC talking about the start of the tournament. And apparently only half of the contestants would have a chance to actually show their stuff in the spotlight. Junko had to be in that half. She would have to win the tag duel. And with a partner at her side, she could do just that. And her partner was...

"Oh, I'm sorry that you had to be paired up with me for this, but I know even with that disadvantage you'll be able to shine brighter than both of those we would go against. Now then, let's get prepared and show them what a star you're going to be."

Perfect! "It's not a disadvantage at all," Junko reassured, putting her own hand on Kagami's shoulder in exchange for the Saito heir doing the same. "Can't think of another partner in the world I'd rather have. Let's get ready."

yh8rme0.png

Hiro looked at the matchups in disbelief. Heidt "The Hype Man". Name rung a bell. Some hotshot duelist, right? What was he doing here of all places? Hiro was about to start her search for her partner, when suddenly:

"I need to find someone named Hiro! Hiroooo! Yamashiroooo!"

You can do this. Hiro turned to face the-what the hell was that getup. People actually dressed like that? If she wanted to be polite, it would have taken everything she had not to burst out laughing at the outlandish ensemble. However, Hiro wasn't really a polite sort, so she laughed anyway. Raising her hand as she approached Heidt, her partner-to-be, Hiro firmly planted the hand downward once she was within arm's reach of the hype man, placing it on his shoulder.

"Listen up, hot-shot," she said, her mirth from just seconds ago suddenly gone and replaced with end-of-the-line seriousness. "We're winning this first round and I'm taking the grand prize, and to do that we'll have to work together. So if you've got any annoying quirks or gimmicks, get rid of them. Where you're going, we don't need those."

Houki crossed her arms as she tapped her foot, waiting on her partner to reach the duel field. She squintd across it to the two on the other side, who were in a huddle, talking frantically under their breath. The longer those two got to discuss, the lower her chance for victory got. She scowled, pacing back and forth irritably. She couldn't believe that her chance to get into the tournament was now dependant on somebody else. What if she got paired with some idiot kid who just joined for something dumb, like for fun? She growled at the unfairness of it.

She squinted into the people around them for her partner, and her eyes widened as she saw a bird bobbing through the crowd from its spot on someone's shoulder. The bird was bobbing her way. 

"Son of a jabroni," she snarled, loudly enough that Barry and Tenzin looked over at her in surprise. Was she REALLY paired with that jerk from before? She couldn't work with such a smug jackass!

- - - - - -

"I'll just be a minute longer, I promise!" Shota swore, still hunched over the book. He had been the first one in to see it, and was still there ten minutes later, desparately poring over the pages of the book for some useful information.

"COme on, Sachio... where is it?" he muttered under his breath, holding up a card and looking down at it with a sad frown upon his face.

BoyHoldingHawk.jpg

Michael was maneuvering through the crowd of people, heading to the spot where he was supposed to meet his duel partner, Houki. Suddenly, a female voice pierced the air, "Son of a b****." Michael stopped in his tracks, the voice sounded familiar. The voice came from the direction he was walking to, so he continued heading that way. When he got to the edge of the crowd, his mood went sour. Standing there on the duel field were two people who were in a huddle, the opponent tag team, and the girl he had cut in front of before. She was his duel partner, Michael realized, and just like the last time he met her, she looked pissed.

After a few seconds of regaining his composure, he forced a smile. He decided that if he was going to have that aggressive girl as a partner, he would be the one to get the most attention. Michael looked over on his shoulder at Razor, and whispered to the hawk, "Time to do your job, Razor." Razor spread his wings, and flew up high into the sky.

Michael started to run towards his duel partner, and then he did 3 front flips and then landed perfectly. A few claps came from the crowd around and Michael took a bow. He loved to show off. He then walked the rest of the way to Houki. "Hi there," He said, extending his hand out to her.  "I’m guessing that you’re Houki; I’m Michael" Razor then landed onto His extended arm. "And this is Razor, and hopefully we can work together as a team."

He then leaned over and whispered into Houki’s ear, "Otherwise, If we can’t work together and we lose,” his voice getting darker, “I promise you that you will regret it."

x393wz.jpg

As all the duelists filed into their arenas where they would do battle, a voice rung out over some speakers, which everyone heard.

"The duels will be played as followed:

• Each player has their own 4000 Life Points, and their own personal field, Graveyard and Extra Deck.
  • Each player draws a card at the start of their first turn, and no-one can attack for the first four turns.
  • Players are not in control of their partners monsters, but may use them for Tribute, Ritual, Xyz, Synchro, or Fusion Summons, though out of respect it would be nice to ask for their permission first.
  • For the purpose of card effects, any other player on the field is treated as your opponent. The duel ends when two duelists on one side of the field have lost."

x393wz.jpg

Elijah & Ryo

Elijah, still excited by his awesome partner, was given a rude snap back to reality with a short, dodgy looking man interrupting his thoughts. "You two can be as cheery as you want, and heck, you might even lose with those big grins on your face. But I'm gonna try my hardest to wipe them off your pretty boy faces." The man, who was Ryo and Elijah's opponent, had no sense of humour about him, and kept looking back and forth between Elijah and Ryo in an attempt to be intimidating. "In case you two didn't realize, I'm the guy who dueled Tendra last night, and I'm just itching to get back at him and win this time. So no messing around, and no showboating tricks. We are gonna have a solid duel where I come out victorious. Got it?"

All of this was said as the three, as well as Dillon's partner, approached the arena where they would to battle. Once inside and ready, Dillon stood, hands on hips. "Well, pretty boys? I'm waiting."

x393wz.jpg

Hiro & Heidt

Hiro and Heidt stood on one side of the arena while two girls stood on the other. One an A-Grade Asian stereotype, the other a blonde teen who couldn't stop staring in awe at Heidt. This is the one that began their duel.

"OH-EM-GEE I can't believe I'm dueling THE Hype Man! I'm going first, I want to make a good impression on you my hottie!" The girl gave a cutesy wink at her opponent before beginning. "Alright, I draw. I'll start by discarding Rock Spirit to Special Summon The Tricky! [2000/1200]" The monster appeared by descending through a hole above the duelists, and gave its owner a high-five before facing the battlefield.

"And when my opponent, or in this case, partner, Special Summons a monster from their hand, I can Special Summon Cyber Dinosaur. [2500/1900]" The other woman chimed in, though it was less of a chime and more of a 'teacher who hates their job reading a Powerpoint slide'. Then the blonde girl chimed in once more.

"And I'll set a card to end my turn. Your turn, Heidt... Am I allowed to call you that? Sorry, go Hype Man!"

x393wz.jpg

Kagami & Junko

A portly gentleman and a frizzy haired woman chatted and showed their Decks to one another as they walked down the hallway ahead of Kagami and Junko. As soon as the four entered their arena, Kagami and Junko's opponents made their way to one side of the field. The man then began:

"Miss Kagami. Please, if you will, begin our duel. I wish to know how the daughter of such a high-achieving family duels." He bowed and motioned at the girl with one hand as his duel disk on the other hand opened up.

His partner, Lillith Bengle, gave Junko a menacing glare, and grinned wide. "I'm gonna mess that pretty face up." She turned on her disk, which glowed a rich green, and drew her starting hand. "Silly little maid, the jungle is no place for you!"

x393wz.jpg

Houki & Michael

Tenzin and Barry gave each other awkward looks as their opponents didn't talked to each other, or didn't talk kindly to each other, at least, and all-around didn't look like they wanted to be a team. Once they were in the arena and everyone had been set up, Barry Stone spoke. "Well, I suppose I'll break the ice, and take the first turn. I draw." He stared blankly at his starting hand and sighed. "I'll Summon Flash Knight [1800/600], and set two cards to end my turn." In front of Barry came two brown rectangles, which quickly faded away into nothing.

x393wz.jpg

Akira & Sota

Akira and Sota stood across from two rather unique people. Ingrid Dallas wore a wide cowgirl hat and had her deck on her belt in what appeared to be a gun holster. Her duel disk was a pale green, which greatly contrasted Blaze's, one that was a deep red. Blaze beared a rough and worn out brown jacket, and his neck and face were a bright red, sunburnt from the hours of sun he would experience a day. He spoke with a smile, a smile was made up of mismatched teeth, but a smile nonetheless. "G'day boys. Let's have a ripper of a duel, alright?" He pointed a finger at Akira. "Kid, you start. I wanna see what I'm up against."

x393wz.jpg

Shota

Shota flipped pages endlessly and hurriedly, trying to find anything that would be of use.

"Excuse me, sir, I'm going to need you to leave. The line is growing longer and you've wasted a lot of other people's time." The man that approached Shota had huge, hulking muscles, nothing the boy could stand up to. The man picked Shota up, and began to pull him away. As he did, Shota caught sight of an emphasized sentence.

The king, queen and evil will converge but once initially. After they realize their destinies, however, chaos ensues. This convergence usually occurs somewhere important, to both them and those around them.

x393wz.jpg

L6BfLNr.png?1

As Junko put a reassuring hand onto Kagami, the Saito girl couldn't help but smile. While she might have not had the best opinion of herself, she knew that she herself did not need to do anything to make sure that they won. Content to reside in the shadow of her maid, Kagami knew that she would simply have to run a bit of background support in order for the girl to shine brighter than any opponent she had. As such, even were Kagami not to be there and this to be a two versus one, she had never doubted that Junko would be the winner. And then they could get seafood afterwards. Oh what a joyous day this would be. Nodding to her friend, Kagami said, "yes, let's."

With that, the two of them had made their way off to the arena where they would meet up with their two opponents. As everyone had gotten situated, the announcements had been made about the rules for their duel. Upon hearing the use of one and another's field, Kagami looked to Junko with her ever present smile saying, "any of mine is at your disposal at well." When the two other opponents had made their way over to them, Kagami simply did a small bow as the man gave her the first turn saying, "I thank you for your kindness Mr. Harper." Her gaze shifted over to the female of the duo, her smile becoming more sly, as she said, "oh and Ms. Bengle, it is not her face that you should be worried about."

Her smile returning to normal, she took a cursory look around. "Now, then I suppose I shall start this duel off. Draw!" With that, the girl took the top six cards from her deck into her hand and took a brief glance at the cards, mulling over them. "I see, I see," she muttered. Looking back up to the opponents, her expression returning to normal, she placed five of the cards into her hand before going to set them all. "I set five cards face down and with that, my turn is over."

BoyHoldingHawk.jpg

Michael's turn began and he looked up, saw Razor circling the sky above, and then looked at his opponents. "I draw!" He looked at the card he drew, and a big smile appeared on his face. "First, I Normal Summon Radiraptor - Vanishing Lanius[ATK 1300 DEF 1600] in Attack Position." A machine-like bird appears hovering in front of Michael. "Next, I activate it's effect which, since it was summoned, allows me to Special Summon a Level 4 or lower Raidraptor monster from my hand." Michael picks a card from his hand and points it to the sky. "I Special Summon Fuzzy Lanius[ATK 500 DEF 1500] in Defense mode," he says while placing it down on his duel disk. A purple metal bird appears beside Vanishing Lanius. Michael then points at the sky.

"Both of my monsters are Level 4, So I can overlay them to Xyz Summon!" Both Vanishing Lanius and Fuzzy Lanius turn into red glowing orbs and fall into a hole that opened in the field. "I Xyz Summon Rank 4, Radiraptor- Force Strix in Defense Postion![ATK 100 DEF 2000]" A blue metal owl flies out of the hole, putting itself in front of Michael. "I now activate Force Strix's effect. By detaching 1 Xyz Material from it, I can add 1 Level 4 DARK Winged-Beast monster from my Deck to my hand. So I detach Fuzzy Lanius from Force Strix!" One of the red orbs go towards Force Strix and it is absorbed by the metal bird . Michael looked through his deck and added Vanishing Lanius to his hand. "I then activate Fuzzy Lanius's ability in the Graveyard. Since it was sent to the Graveyard, I can add another Fuzzy Lanius from my Deck to my hand."

He added the monster to his hand. "I then place 1 card face-down and end my turn." A brown rectangle appears in front of him before fading away.

[spoiler=OOC]{Edited post}

Michael

LP: 4000

Cards in hand:5

Monster Zone: Raidraptor - Force Strix

Spell/Trap Zone: Raidraptor - Readiness (face-down)

So... A cowgirl looking duelist and a duelist that looked like he's been in the sun too long, these should be interesting duelists. The sunburnt man allowed Akira too make the first move. "I'm starting? Well ok then, I draw!" Akira looked over the six cards in his hand in thought, his eyes flashed to a few cards. "It's risky losing life points in the very beginning... But this should pay off. I summon U.A. Overseer!" A monster that looked to be a futuristic umpire rose onto the battlefield.

"Now I activate Overseer's effect, by paying 1000 life points, I can special summon a "U.A." monster from my hand. And I special summon U.A. Dreadnought Dunker!" A large, futuristic basketball player rose next to Overseer. "And now I'll set a face down and end my turn, your move." Akira was set for the first half, now he just needed to wait and see how Sota could work with him and how the opponents will try to counter him.

[spoiler=OOC]

Akira

Life Points: 3000

Cards in Hand: 3

Monster Zone: U.A. Overseer Lv: 4 800/1600

U.A. Dreadnought Dunker Lv: 7 2500/1800

S/T Zone: U.A. Penalty Box (Face down)

Elijah's smile never fades, and as he turns to Dillon, he chuckles. "Fella, you oughta lighten up. Here, let me demonstrate!"

Elijah draws his hand (plus one) and smiles brightly. "Alright! I'll start by Normal Summoning Prominence Knight in Attack Position!"

On the field, a circle of fire lights up, and out of it, like a portal, a man in spiked silver armor stands, a fiery red cape trailing behind him as the flames at his feet die out. Behind his goggles, the knight squints at his opponents critically, before pointing his sword in a challenging posture.

Prominence Knight

Level 4 ~ FIRE ~ Warrior/Effect

ATK: 1400

As this is done, Elijah plucks another card from his hand. "Now that I control a FIRE monster, I can Special Summon Hellfire, the Soul of Malice from my hand!" On the field, a giant metal vase with a ring of pearls around the rim drops down with a loud CLANG! Then Prominence Knight erupts in flames and is sucked into the case , becoming a plume of flame with gaps in it forming a sinister face that growls at Dillon and his partner. "However, this results in the effect of Hellfire destroying my Prominence knight. That's fine, because when Prominence Knight is destroyed and sent to my graveyard, I can send a FIRE monster from my Deck to keep him company!" Tapping the screen on his Duel Disk, the edge a card slides out of his Deck and he removes it. Staring at the monster in his hand, he takes a deep breath and sighs. Hopefully I won't need you too soon. He says silently.

Slotting his Ace monster into the Graveyard as a last resort and a way of thinning out his deck, Elijah puts a card into the Spell/Trap slot and hits a button on his Duel Disk screen marked "END PHASE". "It's your turn! Make the most of it!" He challenges, reaching out and curling his fingers in a "come at me," gesture.

While the first few tag duels were going on, Esther remained in the lobby, partaking in the free snacks and feeling idly annoyed. For whatever reason, she had been unable to find her tag partner. Honestly, you'd think someone named Big Ben would be easier to find! Guy must be a master of disguise or something. Esther paused. Of course, I might just be incompetent instead. She sighed and brushed a few crumbs off of her shirt, muttering "Well, whatever." For now, she'd just watch the other duels, which were being shown on large televisions that had been set up around the lobby.

One guy she recognized as Dillon, the man who had been dueling Tendra last night, though he seemed a far cry from his cocky self. Another screen was currently focused on the teenager Esther had witnessed cut the registration line not a few hours ago. The sight of him caused the loose knot of annoyance in her stomach to tighten just slightly, but she ignored it. The other screens weren't showing anyone she knew, so Esther contented herself with watching Dillon's duel, where the camera was now focused on a hot-blooded (and rather pretty, if Esther did say so herself) young man with a Fire deck. Hopefully, her tag partner would appear in time for their duel.

Archived