Komodo Chameleon (Black and White and Dread All Over)

Black D'Sceptyr

komodo_chameleon_by_bdsceptyr-dal3zzb.pn

[spoiler=Komodo Chameleon: Errata]

Continuous Trap Card

Lore: Destroy the face-up monster on the field with the highest ATK (your choice, if tied) and if you do, Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Reptile-Type/Tuner/Level 6/ATK 500 /DEF 2000) with the same original Attribute of the destroyed monster. (This card is also still a Trap Card.) Switch the original ATK and DEF of all face-up monsters on the field with the same Attribute as this card. During your opponent's Battle Phase, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster, using Materials with different Attributes from each other, including this card you control (this is a Quick Effect).

The Palette-Swapping Predator is my wondrous answer to the long-standing question of-Can BDS make a GOOD card focused on Attribute-oriented advantage? Magic 8-Ball says "?" so I'm at a loss here. Does look a little cute tho. So there's that. 

Oh right, forgot, works wonders in mirror matches too. Not too sure to what extent, though-I mean, I said the same thing about Lullaby of Obedience and Scrubbed Raid (come on guys, skipping a Phase by nuking a card?! We're really passing on this?), well....

...ENNYWEZ. May the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

BDS, signing off.

I guess no one's using Scrubbed Raid because there's Threatening Roar and Waboku and since Raid is continuous it can be 'negated' by MSTing it also stall decks don't field many cards ANYWAYS ONTO THE CARD.

Hm, generic self-destruction. Maybe be careful with that, so many cards trigger off being destroyed these days, though being a trap probably makes it slow enough to be fine.

I'm thinking you'd play this in a dedicated trap monster deck, or maybe Paleozoics, since nothing else would run a Trap Monster. I don't think there are any other level 6 trap monsters, so no xyz options there, but it can make lvl 8 synchros with Shapesister. Thing is, trap monsters don't run many straight-up monsters which you could conveniently destroy from your hand.

I can't think of any deck which could run this and would also want to swap the stats of its own monsters. Because summoning it is a -1 and you don't really get anything from it, I don't think any decks will run it at all. The graveyard effect is nice, better than its on-field effect, but there are better ways to stop attacks from the graveyard (Spirit Swords and Full Height).

I suggest you allow the on-field effect to declare an attribute too, and remove the summon requirement.

I'm thinking you'd play this in a dedicated trap monster deck, or maybe Paleozoics, since nothing else would run a Trap Monster. I don't think there are any other level 6 trap monsters, so no xyz options there, but it can make lvl 8 synchros with Shapesister. Thing is, trap monsters don't run many straight-up monsters which you could conveniently destroy from your hand.

Komodo Chameleon's actually a Tuner, so it can make Synchro plays with Paleozoics all day long. But I may need to make the Summon cost a tad more forgiving-right now this card too slow to do everything I was intending for it to do....

I can't think of any deck which could run this and would also want to swap the stats of its own monsters. Because summoning it is a -1 and you don't really get anything from it, I don't think any decks will run it at all. The graveyard effect is nice, better than its on-field effect, but there are better ways to stop attacks from the graveyard (Spirit Swords and Full Height).

I suggest you allow the on-field effect to declare an attribute too, and remove the summon requirement.

Definitely doing this. Komodo was supposed to be enough of a disruption to play that it could facilitate quick Trap Monster Synchro plays. I'm going to try and fix this now to compensate Might even chuck away the Grave effect to do so. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived